PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Forget Rodney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I have read on a few different posts about the gloom of our secondary last year. I remember even posting in midseason that WR's were not frightened about running across the middle of the feild because there was no consequence. IMO Rodney changes all this. He transforms Geno into another level. I think the Warfield signing takes on a different look when Rodney lines up at SS. He adds a terror and pain in the middle. The CB's do not have to cover the inside as much bcs no WR wants to run a middle route. Now combine Rodney with Tedy and the middle becomes a place where a QB will not look and a WR will not run. While I loved the job Hawkins did, he can't bring fear. Let's look at our secondary as missing Rodney last year and not in the bottom pile of the NFL. There is a huge difference. WE NEED RODNEY @ 90%+!!!! He transforms this defense. Rodney makes Warfield a great pick up IMO.

Remind me..who's Rodney?

I think Rodney has a very good chance to be back on the Bruschi schedule and a decent chance to be back opening day. It sure sounds like his ligament tears were clean with no nerve damage. We still need to look hard at Safety, though, unless they like Scott and/or Sanders long term as Rodney isn't getting any younger.

Neither Scott nor Sanders IMHO has that special quality that Rodney possesses. Call it the Jack Bauer factor. :D

oldrover said:
Neither Scott nor Sanders IMHO has that special quality that Rodney possesses. Call it the Jack Bauer factor. :D
First second year players...not many have that early...Wait and see what develops...

oldrover said:
Neither Scott nor Sanders IMHO has that special quality that Rodney possesses.
Well Rodney is a borderline Hall of Famer so that's not surprising. But it's a little early, especially for Sanders, to write them off as potential competent starters. Hopefully Sanders will look good in preseason. Of course, if we draft a Day One Safety that will likely answer the question well before training camp :)

BelichickFan said:
I think Rodney has a very good chance to be back on the Bruschi schedule and a decent chance to be back opening day. It sure sounds like his ligament tears were clean with no nerve damage. We still need to look hard at Safety, though, unless they like Scott and/or Sanders long term as Rodney isn't getting any younger.
I couldn't agree more. He needs to groom a replacement.

Rodney will be back for the first regular season game. Even if he is 90% of what he was , that is still better than 100% better than anyone else.

And, this is the year that he will make the Pro Bowl and win Comeback Player of the Year.:rocker:

PATSNUTme said:
Rodney will be back for the first regular season game. Even if he is 90% of what he was , that is still better than 100% better than anyone else.

And, this is the year that he will make the Pro Bowl and win Comeback Player of the Year.:rocker:

GO BABY GO

I would love to have Rodney back for the start of the season but I will not be at all upset if it takes a few more weeks. I would rather have him wait a little longer and be healthy for the whole year than rush back and end up being in and out all year or being ineffective.

I also think that Sanders might have a chance of being a solid starter in few years but the safety position is definately an area that will need to be addressed in the very near future.

perhaps week 8, just on time

DocAdkinsDiet said:
I would love to have Rodney back for the start of the season but I will not be at all upset if it takes a few more weeks. I would rather have him wait a little longer and be healthy for the whole year than rush back and end up being in and out all year or being ineffective.

I also think that Sanders might have a chance of being a solid starter in few years but the safety position is definately an area that will need to be addressed in the very near future.
it's time to get better information. rodney is from chicago, and lives in atlanta.
according to the famous boston herald, he's working out "in the foxboro area". so, who knows anybody who knows somebody?

ilduce06410 said:
it's time to get better information. rodney is from chicago, and lives in atlanta.
according to the famous boston herald, he's working out "in the foxboro area". so, who knows anybody who knows somebody?

dude, that was so deep

Digger44 said:
I couldn't agree more. He needs to groom a replacement.

Yup. First pick of the third round. Converted OLB. :D

I love Rodney but lets face the facts. He is coming out of major injury that usually takes year and half to fully recover and considering his physical playing style of play I am not too optimistic about him being a major factor.

Will he be back?

Yes

Will he be back for the opening day?

No

is that a big time problem hell no

go4pat said:
I love Rodney but lets face the facts. He is coming out of major injury that usually takes year and half to fully recover and considering his physical playing style of play I am not too optimistic about him being a major factor.

I'm willing to face the facts as they apply specifically to Rodney. So what are they?

You just cited a generalization as a fact. He said that he was ahead of schedule on his rehab. That's a fact. He said that his doctor told him that he should be able to play this year. That's a fact.

Why are those facts? Becasue, RODNEY has stated those things in interviews.

Don't call generalizations, when you don't know the specifics of his injury, facts.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm willing to face the facts as they apply specifically to Rodney. So what are they?

You just cited a generalization as a fact. He said that he was ahead of schedule on his rehab. That's a fact. He said that his doctor told him that he should be able to play this year. That's a fact.

Why are those facts? Becasue, RODNEY has stated those things in interviews.

Don't call generalizations, when you don't know the specifics of his injury, facts.

The fact is he is 33 years old and by the time he will be back on field he will be 34 and undergone major surgery.

He is doing good in rehabbing and that is good news but playing the level of football he has been playing...I really doubt.

There is no reason to assume he can't be back this year. For one thing, the injury happened in September not December which gives him about 1/3 of a year extra. Additionally, many of the ACL injuries that people think of are to RB. Is playing Safety demanding on the knee ? Sure. Is playing Safety demanding on the knee like playing RB is ? No. The cuts, while still there, are nowhere near as demanding or frequent as an Edgarring James or Willis McGahee needs to make.

I wouldn't say I'm surpremely confident that he'll be the same Harrison in August but it's not a stretch by any means.

go4pat said:
The fact is he is 33 years old and by the time he will be back on field he will be 34 and undergone major surgery.

He is doing good in rehabbing and that is good news but playing the level of football he has been playing...I really doubt.

He turns 34 in December not September. So, if you don't know the exact date when he will return, don't say that he will be 34 when he does comeback on the field as FACT.

You don't know and neither do I. I'll go by what he says. Unless you are the treating physcian, feelings and speculation are not fact.

Last edited:
DocAdkinsDiet said:

You could argue that it has been addressed already with a two, (Wilson), three, (Scott),and two fours, (Reid & Sanders), being allocated over the past couple of years to the position. The recipe calls for a couple years of seasoning, and the guys are still getting that expereince. Reid was found wanting and discarded, but Wilson definitely is, and Scott & Sanders look to be keepers if they stay healthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News