PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Forget Rodney

Status
Not open for further replies.
AzPatsFan said:
You could argue that it has been addressed already with a two, (Wilson), three, (Scott),and two fours, (Reid & Sanders), being allocated over the past couple of years to the position. The recipe calls for a couple years of seasoning, and the guys are still getting that expereince. Reid was found wanting and discarded, but Wilson definitely is, and Scott & Sanders look to be keepers if they stay healthy...
i agree .

PATSNUTme said:
He turns 34 in December not September. So, if you don't know the exact date when he will return, don't say that he will be 34 when he does comeback on the field as FACT.

You don't know and neither do I. I'll go by what he says. Unless you are the treating physcian, feelings and speculation are not fact.

The same injury happened to stephen davis and he and doctors where optimisitic about his return and he did but after taking sufficient pounding he was back on sidelines. I don't want to say that rodney will go through the same pain but I was referring to past events.

Rodney plays extremely physical football. He punishes everything he sees that moves almost every play and every possession. I would be more than
amazed if we see rodney at the same level as year ago.

go4pat said:
The same injury happened to stephen davis
Dude, get a grip.

First, Davis is a RB which is much tougher on the body.

Second, he didn't have the same injury. Davis had microfracture surgery which is about the same as a torn ACL as a broken leg is to a torn ligament.

Got any more stories you want to make up ?

PATSNUTme said:
I'm willing to face the facts as they apply specifically to Rodney. So what are they?

You just cited a generalization as a fact. He said that he was ahead of schedule on his rehab. That's a fact. He said that his doctor told him that he should be able to play this year. That's a fact.

Why are those facts? Becasue, RODNEY has stated those things in interviews.

Don't call generalizations, when you don't know the specifics of his injury, facts.

Many players play after a year of rehab with an ACL. But history shows they are not fully able, until 18 months or so after the injury. iI htink that is a generalization that is fully warrented.

go4pat said:
The same injury happened to stephen davis and he and doctors where optimisitic about his return and he did but after taking sufficient pounding he was back on sidelines. I don't want to say that rodney will go through the same pain but I was referring to past events.

Rodney plays extremely physical football. He punishes everything he sees that moves almost every play and every possession. I would be more than
amazed if we see rodney at the same level as year ago.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. My problem is when you say they are are "facts'. Facts are not opinions or speculation.

Facts are reality as it pertains to Rodney, not anyone else. Davis may have had the same type of injury but it speculation that it was exactly the same as Rodney's, that the surgury went as good as Rodney's, that he worked as hard on rehab as Rodney.

If you want to speculate and give an opinion, please do. But, don't call them facts, because you have nothing specific to back them up.

BelichickFan said:
Dude, get a grip.

First, Davis is a RB which is much tougher on the body.

Second, he didn't have the same injury. Davis had microfracture surgery which is about the same as a torn ACL as a broken leg is to a torn ligament.

Got any more stories you want to make up ?

I don't have any more. If you know anyone who came back from that type of injury and lead the club in tackles I would be more than happy to know.
Let me know if you find one.

go4pat said:
I don't have any more. If you know anyone who came back from that type of injury and lead the club in tackles I would be more than happy to know.
ACL tears are far more common among offensive players so it wouldn't shock me if I couldn't find one. I know Jerry Rice came back the same year from an ACL tear a bunch of years ago.

BelichickFan said:
ACL tears are far more common among offensive players so it wouldn't shock me if I couldn't find one. I know Jerry Rice came back the same year from an ACL tear a bunch of years ago.

Guess ...Rodney would be a perfect fit for that spot !!

If we know Rodney, we know he'll put in 150% on his rehab efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back