PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dome stadiums- Your feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the story was Kraft asked Bledsoe for his opinion about Dome vs. No Dome, and Bledsoe pushed for No Dome since the elements gave the Pats an advantage in cold-weather games.
Thanks, PatJ, and of course, Bledsoe was used to playing in rain and snow from way back, being from Washington State.

Living on the West Coast you don't get a lot of detail on everyday decisions and happenings with the sports teams back there. Folks on boards like this can fill in a lot.

Been to one Pats game indoors- the Falcons game last year. Man, the place was rockin' the whole game. Never been in a louder place as when the Pats were driving for the GW-FG at the end. One thing the dome experience can do is simulate a primetime atmosphere in the middle of the afternoon. Remember old Oiler games in the 'House of Pain'? Those were some fun games to watch.

Of course I think NE is better off with an open-air facility (though we have been doing well lately indoors). Dome teams are handicapped by playing indoors half the year anyways. But don't knock the experience if you haven't tried it ;)

BTW, tune into the SEC title game right now - tell me that isn't an electric atmosphere inside the Ga Dome!

I don't like domed stadiums either. They take game conditions out of football. What's the difference, as far as game conditions go, playing the Cardinals or Vikings in December? I've been to 4 domed stadiums to see the Patriots play. Atlanta, Minnesota, Houston and the 2001 SB in New Orleans. I didn't like any of them. I felt like I was watching an arena legues game played on a larger field. And that noise sounds artificial. Football is played on a field and fields don't belong indoors.

For the Colts new stadium they're gonna build one dome and then build another dome on top of it just to play it safe. They don't want to take any chances. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft