PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Your Partner Think You're "Obsessed" With The Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whadday mean "partner"?!! I mean, what are you implying?! Is it the way I wear my hair? I can change it, you know. It's just hair. And, for the record, mock turtlenecks are timeless.

ahahaa this is the best

Yeah I'm obsessed. No doubt about it! Even the other women at work make fun of my obsession by laughing at me wearing Pat's and Sox shirts everyday to work. I'm lucky though, my recent boyfriend is just obsessed as I am so it's all good :)

Last edited:
My wife made the comment that Tom looks like he "plays for the cameras" on the field. We just got into a forty five minute argument about it. She of course couldn't name the specific moment where she got this idea because she knows I have every single game recorded on TIVO. She claims he "looks for the cameras" when on the sideline.

So I downloaded his interview on WEEI, and played the part where he talked about wanting to avoid the paparazzi and them being an annoyance and she rolled her eyes and called me obsessed with him. WTF? Can't someone just take offense to that kind of obviously uninformed comment about his morale? There's no way she honestly believes he plays up for the cameras, it had to have been a gesture made just to tick me off.

Blaze, I've heard so many people...especially women say that Tom thinks he's "all that". Of course we know the FACT is, no one knows what Tom thinks.

Personally, I think he's pretty humble. but there are people who "claim" to know that Tom Brady is arrogant, kcokkie & conceited just by the way "he looks".

Now, you & I know it is impossible to make such assumptions. So when guys like us ask for proof, the typical answer is, "I just know", "anyone can tell", "look at his smirk", "look at the way he walks".....

Again blaze, you & I know only an ignorant, judgemental & stupid person would make such assumptions (and no, I'm not calling anyone in particular these names!)...but yet there are many who say these exact comments!

Last edited:
Obsessed? Define obsessed.

Does it mean the ability to divert every conversation, no matter the subject, to an in depth analysis of the Patriots?

Does it mean associating (always mentally, sometimes verbally) every single and two digit number to a particular Patriot?

Does it mean caring less about who is elected president in November but whether the Patriots will be closing in on yet another division title?

Does it mean being physically unable to hold my tongue when some ignoramus someone attempts to favorably compare Tom Brady and Peyton (I'm sure that's a girl's name) Manning?

Does it mean allowing the Mrs. to get cats 3 and 4 because she allowed you to name them Belichick and Brady?

Does it mean spending every offensive snap on your knees in front of the TV (it's been a good year for me on TV this year, even in NM)?

Does it mean that when your wife says she'd jump Brady in a second, your only response is "Season Tickets"?

Does it mean forcing your children to put on more and more articles of Patriots' attire, in order to invoke the favor of the Fates?

Yes, she does. Personally I think all of these behaviors are completely rational and acceptable. Who here would disagree?

my wife thinks I'm obsessed with the Patriots.....and she is right.

Yeah, my wife thinks I am, but, God Bless her, so is she!!!!!:D

We have a great marriage!!!!!:singing:

If my girlfriend said something as stupid as what your wife offered up about Brady, she'd be out on her ass in about 2 seconds flat.

If you think I'm kidding, well... this thread is asking about how obsessed we are for a reason.

My gay boyfriend with whom I am a homosexual with is really just jealous of the Fathead-sized Tom Brady holding a Goat pictoral that graces the wall of our hot tub room.

not partner, but kids at school do. When I'm done w/ my work I'll pull out a magazine and they'll be like "oh, there she goes again."

Yes, she thinks I'm obsessed, thankfully so is she. We live in pittsburgh, and are in the process of finding a new place to live. We've found several places that are great but we won't take them because there is no clear view of the southern sky! As a matter of fact, we're looking at an apartment this Friday that is a couple hundred more than we wanted to spend because the entire building has DirecTv.

If you were to look at a scale:

I am at about 120%
My wife is about 90%

So we share the obsession.. it is what it is a great diversion and a great ride. Would never do any patriot activity without her.

My girlfriend's mother bought me as a joke gift for christmas this hugely obnoxious Patriots scarf. They thought it was funny and very ugly. Little did they know I would love it and I have worn it almost every day since Christmas. This includes wearing it to interviews for post graduate job positions at oh so prestigous institutions with my black suit, black trench coat, boring tie and loudly obnoxious Patriots scarf.

One morning my girlfriend was like "I cant beleive your going to wear that thing to your interview." And honestly I went to every state in New England to interview and I got a compliment in every state in New Englabnd on my beloved scarf. Often times instead of talking about the same boring crap, we would talk some Pats on my interviews. The high flying, important guys would be like "If your a Pats fan, you'll fit right in here!"

So lets give it up to my scarf. My new best friend. My Secret Lover.

As for my woman honestly she is a good sport in three years I think I have made her a fan and I think even she is really excited for Sunday. LETS GO PATS! LETS GO PATS!

You say "obsessed" like it's a bad thing? :confused:

My wife is as obsessed as I am. She has her own blow-up Brady doll.

Yeah... my girlfriend laughs at me when I get drunk and say how Tom Brady is the only man for me. :bricks:

Yes she thinks I'm obsessed, but my wife has been watching more of the Patriots lately. Used to be super bowls only, but this year, she watched a lot of the game against the Jints, and the AFCCG. If we live to be 150, she may even watch a boring old regular season game. When was the last one of those though? :confused:

I've been obsessed with the Pats since their beginning in 1959.

When my wife to be went on a cross country trip with her friends

the year before we got married, each letter I sent her on the road

contained information on what the Pats were doing. She watches

the Pats along with me until I get loud and start throwing things at

the TV set. No need to throw many missles at the TV the last

few years.

Last edited:
My wife knows and accepts my obsession. Although I am from Maine and she is from Oklahoma and we live in Tennessee, she has started riding the Patriots bandwagon. My wife now has her own Brady jersey and has been watching the games with me each week. This has really strengthened our marriage and brought us closer. Thank you, Tom Brady! :)

My wife now has her own Brady jersey and has been watching the games with me each week. This has really strengthened our marriage and brought us closer. Thank you, Tom Brady! :)

OK, can the Patriots sign some uber-hot female player to get my husband interested in football?

My girlfriend is the best. During football season, if we get invited to a family party on a Sunday, she doesn't even tell me about it. She just goes with her mom instead :woohoo:

Who?

Just kidding, my wife knows I'm obsessed, and like others, she has been watching much more of the games this year. She has always had a mild interest, but during the AFCCG we were on a ski weekend with friends, when the other wives went for drinks at a hotel during the game, she stayed at the house with the guys to watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back