PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Your Partner Think You're "Obsessed" With The Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until this year, my husband thought that I was a loon. Especially a game where Vinatieri missed a winning FG. I was yelling at the radio, pounding the floor.... Obsenities spewing from my mouth.... and he was laughing behind me...

This year, he most definitely takes the cake on the "loon" name....

We have both upped our obsession with the Patriots this year. I think that it has something to do with actually being able to see some of the games this year :D

Mrs. MD understands. When MD was in class, she DVRd the 1:00 games so he could catch up. She wears her Patriots things on Sundays, and now wears her black Pat Patriot zip hood all week. She watches all the games now, and hates the Colts. I'd say she's good to go now. We even put a Pats logo sticker on her car. She's not a big fan of NFL Network and 24/7 watching ("why are you watching them get off the plane?") but tolerates it.

Yeah, mine tells me that I have my priorities mixed up and she feels like the Pats are #1 and she is #2 in my book.

We usually get into fights about this because I didn't marry the Pats, I did marry her and we are staying in Florida instead of moving back home to New Hampshire. It should be known that I was in the military for a while which is why I am down here now. I met her after the military when I was deciding abut moving back home to NH. This doesn't matter to her though.

Of course she thinks I'm obsessed. God gave her common sense. :)

This year she has been watching more football than ever. We started out or marriage right by watching the Squish the Fish game the first day of our honeymoon. However, she still doesn't understand why I can't just sit down and calmly watch the game. Maybe next year. :)

A few years ago we were driving home from NY and we had only been dating for a few months and we stopped to watch the Denver game at a sportsbar in Conn. They fell down like 21-0 in the first half then came storming back in the second half. They were only down by one score and they were driving in the 4th quarter when Brady hit a wide open givens who dropped the ball and I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs in front of men woman children and God and everyone in the place "F*cking Givens". It was a sign to her that this was serious.

For some reason, it seems I have always dated guys, even in high school, who had no interest in football...until they met me. Then the were converted. My husband is now a huge football fan. Still, he thinks I am obsessed.

My ex-partner became sick of watching football because of my love for the Pats. That's why she's an "ex-partner" :D Honestly, she talked crap about Brady after he had the kid and it was doomed from there - you don't talk crap about #12 around me ;)

In my family, any given Pats Sunday is a holiday - So much so that when my side wanted to have our Christmas get together on 12/23 during the Miami game, my husband refused and I backed him all the way! Pats come before extended family.... I'm so sorry!! Deal With It!!

:singing::singing:

That's just her deflecting from the fact that she's an irrational being, and, rather than admitting that she's probably wrong, she resorts to ad hominem arguments. In other words, she is your average woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down