PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Vollmer look better than Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely doubt if Light will ever move from LT again after that last game. His effort from the RT spot pulling left was FEEBLE as I posted earlier. He doesnt work well in a crowd(tripping penalty). He played both inside and outside Kaczur and literally stopped playing with TB still with the ball while working on a double team with Kaczur. Maybe something was wrong with him but with the money he makes and us drafting a couple new guards for next year he will do well to make the team in '10. But what do I know...

I think light could play LG if Mankins leaves. He won't be playing LT much more though, may get benched by late this year.

Vollmer didn't go in because Light "messed up", he went in because Light was at TE and had to leave the field before he could re-enter as a tackle.

Vollmer looked pretty good. LT in 2010 when Light gets the "better a year early than a year late" treatment.

he played like 8 snaps

now im no one to talk about which threads are valuable and which aren't... but why don't we close this and revisit this after he's at least played the equivalent of 1 quarter
You know, if you're going to start using logic and reason in your posts this forum is just going to lose some of it's sparkle.
ohno-oh-no-wow-smiley-emoticon-000448-medium.gif

Vollmer didn't go in because Light "messed up", he went in because Light was at TE and had to leave the field before he could re-enter as a tackle.

Vollmer looked pretty good. LT in 2010 when Light gets the "better a year early than a year late" treatment.

Exactly. Unless he's an all-pro, I doubt he's more valuable to us as a starter right now than Light is. But I fully expect him to be the replacement. I don't think there were enough snaps at all to make a judgement like this though.

Way too small of a sample to draw any conclusions

I was about to comment, but why bother? Everytime Brady gets touched, everyone will be on here screaming to put Vollmer in as a starter. It wont matter who he replaces. Mankins? he's a stiff. Light? too slow. Neal? made of glass. They all must suck, so start Vollmer! :disagreement:

Everyone repeat after me....IT WAS ONLY THE FIRST GAME

oops, i guess i commented afterall :rolleyes:

At the very least, I'd like to see Vollmer get more snaps in games like this where even having Light out there with all his experience still results in him sucking b/c Schobel owns Light. So does Taylor.

So against Miami and Buffalo, let's see what the kid can do. We know Light can't cut it against those two guys.

Vollmer really can't be any worse, I should think.

i really wish we drafted Michael Oher with the 22nd pick. Having Oher and Vollmer anchor our Oline for the next 10 years would have been great. was Chung really worth it at 34? I think Oher would have been a better pick.

i really wish we drafted Michael Oher with the 22nd pick. Having Oher and Vollmer anchor our Oline for the next 10 years would have been great. was Chung really worth it at 34? I think Oher would have been a better pick.

We needed a fresh and lively Safety badly.

Oher could have injected some star-power we're sorely lacking though... oh. Never mind.

Vollmer is sufficient for 2009. If the team wants another tackle, then we can get one in 2010 with the 2nd we ended up with as compensation for the first round pick. Finally, Belichick may be fine with Vollmer and LeVoir and Kaczur as his tackles for the future. In any case, adding a 2010 2nd should be plenty to solidfy the group of tackles, even if Light is gone.

Besides if we actually picked in the first in 2009, we probably would have drafted Butler. So, IMHO, we got the same player we wanted at 41, and pick up a 2010 2nd and Tate and Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back