PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think this is one of Bill’s favorite teams ever?

It probably depends a lot on the outcome of the season. Right now, everyone is riding the high of a long winning streak, but we've been here before. Sometimes the momentum is real (2014 would be the comparison for this season's best case scenario), other times it's not (I have never felt that the Patriots were more unstoppable than I did at the end of 2010).

I'd say 2001 as it had players from his previous stint. But this team looks eerily similar and I think they will have another showdown with the poor man's Rams (Chiefs) in the playoffs.

He seems to be enjoying himself, the players, and a chance to win a ring without Tom.

But what puts this season over the top for Bill is he's doing it with his son.

Has anyone else noticed the way Bill talks to this team in the postgame locker room videos? I can’t wait to see the one for tonight. I always notice how enthusiastic Bill is about this team when talking to them. There’s an energy to it that feels like something we haven’t seen since the early dynasty years.

I see him calling out individual performances much more. I see him less monotone, and much more just excited about our team performance.

He’s having fun. It feels like he knows what this team means to him and how he wants to shove it to people who questioned his legacy over this last year. This is his team he built from the ground up this offseason.

He seems a lot happier now that Tom is gone lol

I still think the first dynasty is probably his favorite teams. I am thinking he probably didn't like the fact that from 2007 on Brady got a huge share of the accolades and credit for the teams which probably took some of the enjoyment out of it for him. I think this might be the first team that has the same closeness and attitude of the (original) Patriot Way since 2004. I am guessing he sees a lot of 2003 from the defense and 2004 from the running game.

I think anytime a single player is getting a lot of the credit for team success, Belichick is less happy. To have a team be successful without a single superstar that is seen as head and shoulders above the others is the best match to his own values. He's got to be happier. And if he's expected to make team composition decisions to keep that superstar happy, he's going to be less happy. It is just his old school set of football beliefs and values. It is what it is.

And that means nothing in terms of his relationship with Brady. That's an entirely different topic.

I think Bill has evolved a little.......he's always had that love of the game, love of the players.......players always talked about how funny he was, and how he joked around and was genuine......i think he's putting it out there a little more

I think anytime a single player is getting a lot of the credit for team success, Belichick is less happy. To have a team be successful without a single superstar that is seen as head and shoulders above the others is the best match to his own values. He's got to be happier. And if he's expected to make team composition decisions to keep that superstar happy, he's going to be less happy. It is just his old school set of football beliefs and values. It is what it is.

And that means nothing in terms of his relationship with Brady. That's an entirely different topic.

I didn't mean it to be about his relationship with Brady. Like you said, I don't think he likes when one player gets put above the team. But I think Belichick has an ego to him. Most massive successful people do. I am sure he doesn't like when all the credit for the team success went to Brady and he was an afterthought in a lot of people's minds.

Nope. 2001 was his favorite team. 1st SB ring from the Patriots.
If we substitute 'his favorite team' with 'his most important team' .......
Answer: 2001

Despite two organizations battling to retain BB's services in early 2000, his national reputation was mud and the Patriots woeful 1st year under BB only emboldened his many critics who simply saw a failed HC with zero people skills.
2001 flipped that script forever

Either way, this team definitely has reinvigorated his coaching zest.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back