PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you hope the Patriots trade Garoppolo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you hope the Patriots trade Garoppolo?

• Yes, before this year's trade deadline

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Yes, but wait until the 2017 offseason

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 77 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Note it's not a public poll.

Edit: To be clear, saying yes here implies that the Patriots will receive what they feel is sufficient value to justify making the trade.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm disappointed he got injured. I felt he could have netted us 2 first round picks if he continued to play like he did in the 1st quarter of the Doofins game.

I want BB to ride it out with Brady until the end and retire and let the pats and Bendover Bob suffer endless losing.

Yes, it's fairytale land to think you can keep both guys. Take a King's Ransom (2 1sts and 2 2nds from a bad time like the Browns) for him and load up the team for Brady the next 4-5 years.

Sure. Who knows what the future holds ? Obviously the return is the key : everyone has a price. If the Seahawks offered their entire roster & 5 first rounders for Brady, I'd say where do I sign ?

JG for a 2017 second rounder : No thanks, we'll keep him.

Yes, I'm disappointed he got injured. I felt he could have netted us 2 first round picks if he continued to play like he did in the 1st quarter of the Doofins game.

I want BB to ride it out with Brady until the end and retire and let the pats and Bendover Bob suffer endless losing.
Well, thank you! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your life, as well! Oh, and I think BB will be here long after TB is gone.

Well, thank you! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your life, as well! Oh, and I think BB will be here long after TB is gone.

So you're saying BB is going to coach past 70?

i hope the patriots DONT trade garropollo...

also, its a poorly worded poll, basically a completely flawed poll. because by answering yes its saying you basically want to get rid of him....i would word it as, what would you trade jimmy G for? (a) 1st Rd Pick, (b) 2 1st Rd Picks, (c) more than 2 first round picks, or (d) would not trade him under any circumstance

If he is anywhere close to as good as he looked the first two games of this year than no. Depends on the price though, but I don't think "hope" is the word Id use. The QB position is too important, and I loved what I saw from him.

You want to VOLUNTARILY put your team in this situation? When did you get a lobotomy?

Do I hope they trade him? No, I dont hope they do. If they could keep both until Brady retired I would prefer that over whatever potential picks he would get us. But seeing as that is not feasible and one of them will have to go, I know a trade is imminent. Would rather wait until the off-season if it happens.

Depends entirely on price. Everyone is on the table in the end but Jimmy is not a guy I am actively looking to move if i am the Pats GM.

At this point what I want for Jimmy if i were to put it in math terms is about 4000+ points on the draft value chart.

If a team is not willing to give that then I am not trading and I don't take less than 4000.

Draft Trade Chart | ProFootballTalk

Any number of things could be worked out but the only combination I would not want with this in mind is the #1 overall pick and 2 #33 overall picks. Though it would be very possible to turn that #1 overall pick into multiple first rounders which if we did this i would want to do. The only thing I worry about is that may be letting him go too cheaply to be honest and we may regret it.

Last edited:
i hope the patriots DONT trade garropollo...

also, its a poorly worded poll, basically a completely flawed poll. because by answering yes its saying you basically want to get rid of him....i would word it as, what would you trade jimmy G for? (a) 1st Rd Pick, (b) 2 1st Rd Picks, (c) more than 2 first round picks, or (d) would not trade him under any circumstance

To be fair, the logic of the question implies that the Patriots will move him only if they get what they believe is sufficient value in return.

it amazes me the amount of people that think they will trade jimmy g. there is no f'in way they will let this guy get away.

What are we getting ? A #1 and #2 (assume around pick 15 in round) or more then yes. Much less than that and I'll keep him and see how TB12 is looking at the end of 2017.

No clue anyone would want them to trade him.

Since 2001 only 2 times the Pats have opened the game with 3 70+ yard scoring drives, they were

Tom Brady Week 8 2012

Jimmy Garoppolo Week 2 2016

Not saying he is Tom but if Jimmy is doing this kind of stuff in his 2nd game you are looking at a guy that has a high ceiling.

I assume the Pats will figure out the next legendary QB on the horizon (say, a college freshman now, maybe high school senior?) who will be going #1 in the draft and making sure the Patriots own that pick.

All part of the plan...

Absolutely not. I think Garoppolo is the heir apparent to Brady. Isn't the 2017 season Garoppolo's last season under his rookie contract ? A lot can happen in the next 2 years, If the Pats can win one more in the next 2 seasons, I think Brady rides off into the sunset.

I saw all I needed to see, to know Garoppolo is perfect for this offense (just like Brady). He's got an incredibly quick release, is extremely accurate, and reads defenses really well, and has a ton of confidence (the great ones have talent AND a ton of confidence). I would not trade him. Not saying he's the next Brady, but who knows, he just might be a very good to great NFL QB. He was destroying Miami yesterday, well on his way to 400 yards passing (maybe more) and 4 or 5 td passes. We have something special in Garoppolo,

You want to VOLUNTARILY put your team in this situation? When did you get a lobotomy?

About the same time I realized how corrupt the 32 were... ;)

Nothing would be more joyous than seeing the corrupt NYJFL* implode. I'm just here to watch the two GOATS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft