PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we bring Sauerbrun to camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to keep Sauerbrun, he is a stud.

the coffin corner kick

After the first punt he had , as a Pat, he really did a damned good job...good distance, good height....and some were real boomers.
I just wish that his last one was aimed for the coffin corner instead of straight down field. But, that is not his decision, it is the special team coach to decide that.
NEM, the coffin-corner kick comes from rugby. it's a way to move the ball upfield. it was used in the nfl for about 10 years, during the '80s, then fell out of favor.
i played that insane sport for 4 years. a 'gentlemanly' game, but i still got the scars. rugby: no pads, mucho hitting, no helmets, continuous play, no blocking, no forward passing, no substitutions. on a soccer-size field. i came to love it more than american football.
as i recall the coffin corner kick was named 'kicking for touch'.

Re: the coffin corner kick

I don't think Miller should lose his job due to injury. he's done a great job for us. Money's another issue but I think Sauerbrun would want comparable $$'s.

Seymour93 said:
Sauerbrun will want the same amount of $$$$$ or more IMO.
Then based on performance, we give it to him. Where's the arguement?

I wouldn't want two, million dollar punters on the roster. Use that other million on a CB, safety, LB, or O-lineman.

It's a nice problem to have... I mean, we could always have to settle for Ken Walters.

I like both of them... but the give the edge to big guns...

I don't know what Josh Miller's contract status is, but I was mighty impressed by Sauerbrun's kicking for us. Anyone have a bead on his chances for sticking around?

Josh Miller will be back...Sauerbran will be cut......one man's opinion

Re: the coffin corner kick

I don't think Miller should lose his job due to injury. he's done a great job for us. Money's another issue but I think Sauerbrun would want comparable $$'s.
If this is how you think then drew bledsoe would still be our quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft