PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Directly from the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsiesNYC

Rookie
Reaction score
I just got back from the game where I was on the field, in the tunnels, and behind the bench with a good friend who is a NYC film/journalist for a major paper. I had the luxury of standing a few feet behind the Pats bench throughout the game. My takes-

1. Randy sat next to Tom the entire game when on the bench. The two talked and seemed to really enjoy eachother. At one point it seemed that Tom was resting his head on Randy's shoulder pads. A little wierd but I like the affection they showed!

2. After the Ben W touchdown and the extra point, Randy got up off the bench and congratualted every offensive lineman for a job weel done as they approached the bench. I loved seeing this. It is early and the game went the way the Pats wanted, but Randy is showed that he was happy to be there.

3. Wes Welker is one firey little guy. Saw him on numerous occasions firing up the troops.

4. Pepper did not lile the miscommunication on the play where Gerard was trying to run off the field. Afterwards, it appeared that he was telling the Defense that it wasted energy having to run off. I was impressed with the level of teaching and attention to detail.

5. It was hot out and the players were sweating on the bench and many of the linemen were routinely using the oxygen masks. So were the Jets.

6. I was behing the Jets bench when Chad got hurt. He is one tough guy. Gotta give him some props. Guy was hurting but came back.

7. Brady looked very comfortable and relaxed when on the bench.

Thought these points may be of interest to you all.

GO Pats!!!!

I just got back from the game where I was on the field, in the tunnels, and behind the bench with a good friend who is a NYC film/journalist for a major paper. I had the luxury of standing a few feet behind the Pats bench throughout the game. My takes-

1. Randy sat next to Tom the entire game when on the bench. The two talked and seemed to really enjoy eachother. At one point it seemed that Tom was resting his head on Randy's shoulder pads. A little wierd but I like the affection they showed!

2. After the Ben W touchdown and the extra point, Randy got up off the bench and congratualted every offensive lineman for a job weel done as they approached the bench. I loved seeing this. It is early and the game went the way the Pats wanted, but Randy is showed that he was happy to be there.

3. Wes Welker is one firey little guy. Saw him on numerous occasions firing up the troops.

4. Pepper did not lile the miscommunication on the play where Gerard was trying to run off the field. Afterwards, it appeared that he was telling the Defense that it wasted energy having to run off. I was impressed with the level of teaching and attention to detail. Who is Gerard? Do you mean TY Warren?

5. It was hot out and the players were sweating on the bench and many of the linemen were routinely using the oxygen masks. So were the Jets.

6. I was behing the Jets bench when Chad got hurt. He is one tough guy. Gotta give him some props. Guy was hurting but came back.

GO Pats!!!!

Brady looked much more comfortable in today's game than he did in any game last year.

4. Pepper did not lile the miscommunication on the play where Gerard was trying to run off the field. Afterwards, it appeared that he was telling the Defense that it wasted energy having to run off. I was impressed with the level of teaching and attention to detail.

GO Pats!!!!

NIce - I would give anything to be able to get that kind of access to an NFL game.

Any more reports - gladly appreciated.

You only have two posts. Still plenty of time to rethink your unfortunate screenname.

That being said, nice post.

Thanks for the post! It's good to get a feel for what was going on with the team from close up. My sense is that AD and the other newcomers have not experienced the up close and personal coaching/ support during games or practice. This is one of the many reasons why this team has done so well at executing a game plan over the BB years. The new guys must love this.

So......... Brady's got a little man-love for Moss.

Join the club........... I'm sporting a Moss-on after that game too :cool:

If I get the chance to do the same at another game I will certainly post some of the things I observed. The Pats security was on us all the time and we had to keep moving along the benches from one end to the other. They were far more strict in terms of letting the press, etc., get near the bench than the Jets were. The Pats do not like anyone encroaching their area, that much was obvious. From the way the game went it was obvious that the Pats were enjoying themselves and appeared to be very cohesive amongst eachother.

NIce - I would give anything to be able to get that kind of access to an NFL game.

Any more reports - gladly appreciated.
If I get the chance to do the same at another game I will certainly post some of the things I observed. The Pats security was on us all the time and we had to keep moving along the benches from one end to the other. They were far more strict in terms of letting the press, etc., get near the bench than the Jets were. The Pats do not like anyone encroaching their area, that much was obvious. From the way the game went it was obvious that the Pats were enjoying themselves and appeared to be very cohesive amongst eachother.

Dude... nice report, greatly appreciated, but...

YOU ... MUST ... CHANGE ... YOUR ... NAME

Seriously, Patsies has always been a disrespectful name used by opposing team's fans (or even our own media during the lean years). It's not unlike us calling that other team the JESTS, and probably less contrived than that. I mean, I took you to be a Jets fan before I opened your post.

Great info, thanks for sharing! Moss sure is saying all the right thing. And had a great game today to boot. Here's to hoping it remains this way :)

How'bout that 4th round pick, huh? :D

Point taken about the screen name. I am open to any names you can think of!!! Gimme a good one..

Nice reporting. Let me add some other things seen up in the nosebleed seats
(section 327)
1) When Moss scored his touchdown, it seemed like everyone on the field and bench rushed to congratulate him.

2) You could have heard a pin drop after Hobbs' TD return.

3) There were about 1 in every 20 people wearing Pats garb ( 5% so figure 4000) and we were pretty much the only people left at the end as the Jets fans left earlier to beat the traffic ( fat chance)

4) By the middle of the 4th quarter, nearly all the remaining Jets fans were making paper airplanes out of their programs and seeing how far they would go. One actually made it to the 25 yard line.....
5) Thanks Eduda4124 (Ed) for selling your extra ticket....
6) The Jets fans were pretty respectful and if you weren't obnoxious, they left you alone.....We tailgated next to JetNation and their RV/ truck PA system. Funniest scene was when the NJ State Trooper stopped near them and he put "Bad Boys" ( theme from Cops) on the PA system. Even the troppers were smiling.

7) Security was tight as you would expect being opening day, near NYC, after OBL released a new video but not as intrusive as in Philly.

Point taken about the screen name. I am open to any names you can think of!!! Gimme a good one..

At least it's not Pasties :p

Great info and good post - thanks for the scoop!

Great info, thanks for sharing! Moss sure is saying all the right thing. And had a great game today to boot. Here's to hoping it remains this way :)

How'bout that 4th round pick, huh? :D

The 4th rounder on our DL wasn't half bad either!

BackBencher? Benchwarmer? BenchedinNYC? Bench-Press? BradyBench? JohnnyBench? EmbeddedReporter? DarnSecurityisTight? PatsFieldPass? TunnelingIn? LuckyBum?

BackBencher? Benchwarmer? BenchedinNYC? Bench-Press? BradyBench? JohnnyBench? EmbeddedReporter? DarnSecurityisTight? PatsFieldPass? TunnelingIn? LuckyBum?

Manginimole

Brady looked much more comfortable in today's game than he did in any game last year.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Brady's body language..I thought his body language was nothing but positive...How come the media isn't talking about his body language this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back