PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we make a mistake drafting Darius Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler has played pretty well, I think a better question would be did we make a mistake taking chung instead of byrd considering they both played safety at oregon and both got taken in the 2nd.

You might be on to something. If we drafted Byrd, we could have played Brandon closer to the line more often, and overall upgraded our system. However, our D is very complicated and we'll never know how good he could be in it.

Good post.

You might be on to something. If we drafted Byrd, we could have played Brandon closer to the line more often, and overall upgraded our system. However, our D is very complicated and we'll never know how good he could be in it.

Good post.

I disagree with that.. Chung was clearly the better pick for us because he was rover SS which requires a lot more football IQ and field vision.

i like the butler pick

but i would have liked James Laurinaitis ILB on pace for 100 tackls at pat chung's spot

just because i think we could have got chung at brace's spot

I know it's early but Jairus Byrd has been beasting this year. For those who don't know, Byrd was drafted right after Butler by the Bills.

We need an azzclown forum for stuff like this.

We need an azzclown forum for stuff like this.

This is the atypical bye week thread, lets look at all of the players that we could have drafted... in reality we had a very good draft last year.

Bradford??? RI?

Down here near me in Charlestown?

Last edited:
Seeing that this thread is on top of the board, my response will not bump it up any higher.

First let me say: DEAR GOD, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

We have had a whole seven games to make a judgment on which drafted players are better than others. However, I think I want to wait a little more before I decide.

But Clay Matthews is better than Conner Barwin, don't you think?.

Seeing that this thread is on top of the board, my response will not bump it up any higher.

We have had a whole seven games to make a judgment on which drafted players are better than others. However, I think I want to wait a little more before I decide.

Too early to tell. Playing time helps. I always liked Matthews as a player, just not for the Pats' 3-4 - I think 240# OLBs would get beaten to bits in our system. But I'm glad to see him doing well.

Don't you have the radioactive power to kill this thread??? Or does that privilege only belong to Ian, the supreme overlord?

Can we seriously ban people who starts asinine threads like these? They are so pointless. Since when are "We" part of the NE front office?:rolleyes:

I know it's early but Jairus Byrd has been beasting this year. For those who don't know, Byrd was drafted right after Butler by the Bills.

No.

:snob:

Don't you have the radioactive power to kill this thread??? Or does that privilege only belong to Ian, the supreme overlord?
Yes, but there are rules. Just being, shall we say "dumb", doesn't qualify a thread to be closed just on that point alone. If that was the case, many of my threads would be closed automatically.

It has to be not only dumb but must be purposely irritating, inflammatory,or contain rules violations.

Whaaatttt???? Wouldn't it stand to reason that 31 teams also made a mistake? It's no longer enough just to draft good players, you have to draft all the good players and know which ones will be immediate stars in the NFL. I also can't believe we didn't draft Ed Reed, Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, and Troy Polamalu.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Byrd was the starting safety alongside Pat Chung. I can't believe this wasn't mentioned in the original thread. I could at least understand someone asking "Did we draft the wrong Oregon safety?" Would be a half-interesting discussion.

Last edited:
Hey, Bills fan here. Just thought you guys would like to know that Byrd played CB at Oregon, not S, so comparing him to Chung might be a pointless venture.

I'd also like to add that, to the guy who said the Bills play in a "big play attack" scheme...HA! I have two words for you: **** Jauron.

Byrd has also only been starting since Week 4 or 5, for what it's worth (Donte Whitner injury put him in the starting lineup). We think he's really something special up in Buffalo, but Darius Butler strikes me as a pretty talented guy, so I wouldn't concern myself if I were you guys (if any of you actually are, besides the OP).

Hey, Bills fan here.
Hey, hope your teams rests up during your bye. I'll be rooting for you for your next four games. Go Bills!

I hope Edwrds recoves his form, though I have to say I really like Fitzgerald.

Hey, hope your teams rests up during your bye. I'll be rooting for you for your next four games. Go Bills!

I hope Edwrds recoves his form, though I have to say I really like Fitzgerald.

I would venture that most of our gameday opponents like Fitzgerald too.

Just saying... if you put a bullet in the face of this thread, I don't think anyone would complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents