PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we make a mistake drafting Darius Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marqui

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know it's early but Jairus Byrd has been beasting this year. For those who don't know, Byrd was drafted right after Butler by the Bills.

Bulter looks like he's gonna have a fine career here. I'm fine with him especially where we drafted him.

I know it's early but Jairus Byrd has been beasting this year. For those who don't know, Byrd was drafted right after Butler by the Bills.

Hmmm...how much alcohol have you had on this bye week? Give Butler some time, he's only 8 weeks into his rookie season.

Byrd is playing safety I thought?

This thread is an example of why i rarley come to this site any longer.

Assuming both are equally talented and equally intelligent, swap the two, and you would be asking the same question. Pats D is a "do your job and stay within your area of responsibility" type of D, whereas Bills are a "make the play" D, which leads to inflated stats but a D that gives up more when you gamble and miss. In the big picture, which D do you want?

But neither are equal. Butler scores higher in intelligence which means he is a better fit for the complicated Pats D than Byrd is.

Huge mistake. How many Superbowls has he led the Pats to? None! And that is unacceptable.

Seven games into the season.

It's NOVEMBER 1st, Marqi, not APRIL 1st.

Uhh... wow. Sure, what the hell, Butler sucks and was a total mistake. He's awful and I hate him both as a player and a human being.

/s

Did I fall asleep and wake up in 2012? It is 7 games in his career. Let's not draw any conclusions about any rookie at this point.

besides..butler's playin well . so what if byrd has more INTs..hes only starting because of injuries

I may have made a mistake this morning in choosing Cheerios over Shredded Wheat.

1) Byrd is playing safety.

2) Butler is having a good year with the Pats so far. He has 2 INTs through 7 games.

Last edited:
Definitely a mistake. We desperately need a good safety.

A really good looking CB in round 2 - of course we didn't. Why do people post this crap ?

Yes. Any player on any other team who is good and who the Patriots failed to draft represents a "mistake".

Same goes for free agency.

The Patriots should have all the good players in the league period.

Belichick needs to do a better job.

Yes. Any player on any other team who is good and who the Patriots failed to draft represents a "mistake".

Same goes for free agency.

The Patriots should have all the good players in the league period.

Belichick needs to do a better job.
Yep, Belichick should know exactly where all the pro bowlers from each draft will go, then trade to the pick directly before and take the players then. Anything less than that is a clear drafting mistake.

Byrd is doing incredible but you can't really gauge how well every rookie is going to do in the NFL.

My goodness. :confused:

I think Ian should raise the ability to start a thread to whatever it would have taken to not allow this post to ever happen. :)

We have some uptight people on this forum. So a thread isn't great? Ignore it and get on with your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents