PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did he really just compare Brady to Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, there is no doubt in my mind I am right in my view. I'm not trying to convince myself. I think it is absolutely logical to consider that Brady might have lied to Kraft. I hope not, but it is possible. And I also know at least one player has lied to Kraft in the past, so it's not like it's impossible for a patriots player to lie to Kraft, right?
Do you understand how far off course you've drifted since you and I first began this exchange a short while ago? I took issue with your claim that Smith was in no way linking Hernandez's and Brady's situations. I've written nothing about whether or not Brady may have lied. You see, you've done so much caterwauling to different people that you can't keep your arguments straight.

You think it's impossible for a patriots player to lie to Kraft?
@Interception, everything any ESPN attached personality says has a driving motivation behind it. Sure, it was an "example" of a player lying to an owner but the general population will connect unrelated dots and by association, Brady is now a liar and his name becomes attached to a convicted felon.

You're using a literal approach. Smith is a scumbag and a racist. I have no time for him and I don't believe his comments are without motivation. Put frankly, he can get ****ed. 11/12 Patsfans members agree.

Brady would have manned up and admitted he 'cheated' if this was the case. The penalty would have been minor.

You cannot be sure about any of what is quoted. You don't even know Brady personally... To say whether or not he would confess is pure speculation.

Welcome to sports journalism today. It's all about the HOT TAKEZ and not really worth taking seriously.

Completely Agree. Anybody with a keyboard, mic, blog or column with a negative spin and an opinion to sell papers or network ratings is more jucier than actual story. I question those who buy into garbage these Mediots etc throw out there. No knock towards Journalists actually praise to those who do it right way.

@Interception, everything any ESPN attached personality says has a driving motivation behind it. Sure, it was an "example" of a player lying to an owner but the general population will connect unrelated dots and by association, Brady is now a liar and his name becomes attached to a convicted felon.

You're using a literal approach. Smith is a scumbag and a racist. I have no time for him and I don't believe his comments are without motivation. Put frankly, he can get ****ed. 11/12 Patsfans members agree.

I don't know much about Smith. I usually don't read who wrote an article -- I just form an opinion on the content without paying attention to the name of the author.
"But the general population will connect unrelated dots" does not mean Smith is wrong! It means the way people connect dots needs to be fixed.

But I do see your point and maybe you're right, maybe smith was just trying to degrade Brady. I personally believe Smith was trying to make a point in a very provocative way, which is the best way to present a point in a saturated market. It gets attention.

Could Brady have lied? Yes.
Now how can you say that in a way that will get you more views than the hundred other people reporting on this? Be provocative!

I do respect your opinion and thank you for presenting it without any personal attacks or insults.

He's not comparing the people or the incidents... He's merely trying to prove it's possible for a player to lie to an owner. Do you disagree that it is possible for a player to lie to an owner?

Wrong. He is comparing a lie about MURDERING SOMEONE with a lie about letting some air out of footballs. ALL LIES ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL. As in Hernandez would have far more incentive to lie and the shady character traits of a liar as well. To use his name in the name sentence with Brady's is trying to garner headlines and outrage and get his own name in print yet again. THe fact that you don't realize this doesn't make you some objective non-homer. It just makes you deeply naive.

Wrong. He is comparing a lie about MURDERING SOMEONE with a lie about letting some air out of footballs. ALL LIES ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL. As in Hernandez would have far more incentive to lie and the shady character traits of a liar as well. To use his name in the name sentence with Brady's is trying to garner headlines and outrage and get his own name in print yet again. THe fact that you don't realize this doesn't make you some objective non-homer. It just makes you deeply naive.

"To use his name in the name sentence with Brady's is trying to garner headlines and outrage and get his own name in print yet again."
I agree! That's his job! Getting his own name in print is GOOD.

I don't know much about Smith. I usually don't read who wrote an article -- I just form an opinion on the content without paying attention to the name of the author.
"But the general population will connect unrelated dots" does not mean Smith is wrong! It means the way people connect dots needs to be fixed.

But I do see your point and maybe you're right, maybe smith was just trying to degrade Brady. I personally believe Smith was trying to make a point in a very provocative way, which is the best way to present a point in a saturated market. It gets attention.

Could Brady have lied? Yes.
Now how can you say that in a way that will get you more views than the hundred other people reporting on this? Be provocative!

I do respect your opinion and thank you for presenting it without any personal attacks or insults.
The underlying point is I have observed Smith's body of work. In my opinion, he is the lowest of the low and if I were in a aggravated mood, I'd flatly call him a piece of **** (but I'm not).

He's a terrible "journalist" and never opens his mouth without the motivation to spew ********. If you start from that point, you'll understand why people are attacking you. It's the message versus messenger.

The underlying point is I have observed Smith's body of work. In my opinion, he is the lowest of the low and if I were in a aggravated mood, I'd flatly call him a piece of **** (but I'm not).

He's a terrible "journalist" and never opens his mouth without the motivation to spew ********. If you start from that point, you'll understand why people are attacking you. It's the message versus messenger.

Maybe you're right! I am focused on the message and trying to ignore the messenger though. I don't want to disregard a logical message due to a shady history as a messenger.

I get the point your trying to make that he's trying to say any player can lie to Kraft...but regardless of that I think he went about it in a moronic way. There's a big difference between the 2 things he's referring to being lied about..murder and a deflated football. And there's also a big difference than the type of people he's talking about. Brady has been nothing but a good person, hernandez had stuff in his past that was shady. So in my opinion putting these 2 names in the same sentence was just stupid any way you look at it.

Smiths rant after the White House visit.
“Why do I feel like if George W. Bush or Bill Clinton or somebody was there,
why do I feel like Tom Brady would have been there then?”

So it is not politics, what is it? Hmmmm?
He basically called Brady a racist, without having the guts to outright say it.
I often enjoy his wide open style, but he lost the benefit of the doubt with me on that one.

Many modern media types use trolling and conflict, yeah. Don't we know it.
The money does not make them right.
Hate does not become a virtue because it turns a profit.
It is dirtier, the lowest.

Now imagine I went to the next level, compared Felger and Smith to Hitler?
Each sold hate, after all.

Well, no.

A sports equivalent of "Godwin"?
"He went the full Hernandez."

Didn't read Smith's article and wont. And no Brady is not capable of lying to Kraft. And the biggest reason for this is he has no reason to.

He is trying to say that people lie, but in order to make his point, he insinuates the possibility that Tom Brady could be a mass-murdering psychopath. Woah there!!!

Last edited:
Godwin's Law ... Comparisons to AH loses the argument ... Either AH

Stephen A. Smith, Lester Munson, , etc. etc are not worth the time spent thinking about them. Sorry folks they have -0- credibility, therefore they have -0- regard!

Smith is a village idiot. Having listened to him previously, he is a waste of space currying to the ESPN agenda that satisfies the masses by ripping the Pats. In no way should he be considered a journalist. He is to traditional sportswriters what the National Enquirer is to the New York Times.

Good journalism does not start with fighting words. Saying a leader is comparable to Adolf Hitler is not intended to inspire a logical discussion of leadership styles. The name Aaron Hernandez is synonymous with cold-blooded murderer, unless you have been living under a rock and didn't happen to check the news lately. It is not designed to inspire a rational discussion of Kraft's win/loss record on credibility estimates, unless you are monumentally naive.

I completely get his point. He's not comparing him to Hernandez, he's simply stating that a player can lie to the owner. No matter what you think about Smith and regardless of whether Brady is innocent or not has nothing to do with this point. Merely stating that it's not far fetched to think a patriots player could lie to Kraft. Saying that's not a valid point is being blind.

You could argue that Brady is nothing like Hernandez, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't capable of lying to Kraft.

Your thread title is misleading, acting like he's comparing the two human beings instead of pointing out that Brady could be lying. Don't twist his words... The media does that enough already

Great point. Brady is just like Hernandez. Don't know how we missed that. He going to get a really long suspension when the bodies start showing up.

Hopefully you post more often, you are a breath of fresh air.

The comparison by Smith is ridiculous, involving two completely different people and incidents that couldn't be more disparate in severity.

Nowhere have I read or heard that Kraft believed Hernandez. Besides, would you expect Hernandez to be truthful about his involvement in a murder? Conversely, do you honestly believe Brady lied to Kraft's face about this deflate nonsense?
Yeah really, Hernandez only killed a guy. Brady is the real criminal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back