PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did he really just compare Brady to Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because Smith is saying Brady is a murderer. Exactly.

Or maybe it's because Hernandez is the most recent patriot known to lie to Kraft?

We don't both know why. You obviously don't know why.

These comments have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING except for BRADY POSSIBLY LYING TO KRAFT.
That's NONSENSE (see we can all use CAPITAL LETTERS.)

He's not comparing the people or the incidents... He's merely trying to prove it's possible for a player to lie to an owner. Do you disagree that it is possible for a player to lie to an owner?
Now you're being either stupid or naive. Smith made the comparison to appear provocative; it's his style to be an agitating A-hole. The question of whether it's "possible" for a player to lie to his team's owner is moot. If you think Smith had some sort of insightfully grand point to make, you need more contact with the outside world.

Now you're being either stupid or naive. Smith made the comparison to appear provocative; it's his style to be an agitating A-hole. The question of whether it's "possible" for a player to lie to his team's owner is moot. If you think Smith had some sort of insightfully grand point to make, you need more contact with the outside world.

Smith was merely trying to say Brady might have lied. If you cannot see that, you are being stupid and naive. Yes, it was meant to appear provocative. He makes more money that way. He makes the point that Brady could be lying and does it in a provocative way that causes his view to be spread to forums. Brilliant.

I completely get his point. He's not comparing him to Hernandez, he's simply stating that a player can lie to the owner. No matter what you think about Smith and regardless of whether Brady is innocent or not has nothing to do with this point. Merely stating that it's not far fetched to think a patriots player could lie to Kraft. Saying that's not a valid point is being blind.

You could argue that Brady is nothing like Hernandez, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't capable of lying to Kraft.

Your thread title is misleading, acting like he's comparing the two human beings instead of pointing out that Brady could be lying. Don't twist his words... The media does that enough already

I get your point. I actually thought the same thing when I heard Kraft say Brady told him he had nothing to do with any wrong doing. It immediately reminded me of Kraft's testimony in the hernandez case.

That said, I don't think it's fair to compare the two situations to make any point no matter how tempting. Steven A Smith is out of bounds on this one in my opinion.

There is also to the matter of believability. It's clear that Kraft believes Brady. I'm not so sure he would say the same about Hernandez. He simply stated what hernandez said to him. There is a big difference.

Just because Smith compares one trait does not mean he's comparing every trait... It is possible Brady has something in common with a murderer or a rapist. It is possible you have something in common with a murderer or a rapist. Maybe you like the same food, maybe you both lied to the same person, maybe you both have the same favorite movie. It doesn't mean you are a murderer or a rapist too.

It is possible Brady lied to Kraft. Hernandez lied to Kraft.
That does not mean Brady is a murderer like Hernandez.

Smith was merely trying to say Brady might have lied. If you cannot see that, you are being stupid and naive. Yes, it was meant to appear provocative. He makes more money that way. He makes the point that Brady could be lying and does it in a provocative way that causes his view to be spread to forums. Brilliant.
Why don't you just say you don't believe Brady and stop the ridiculous defense of the a-hole.

And he might be telling the truth. In other words, as usual, Smith doesn't know shiznit, so he should keep his media whoring mouth shut.

This is a terrible comparison, for one Brady has never had any off field issues of any significance ever, and has always been a stand up guy. Hernandez was anything but a stand up guy since college. One is believable when he speaks, the other has always had controversy looming around him. I'll let you decide which.

Furthermore, Kraft came out openly in defense of Brady, I don't recall him ever doing that with Hernandez. Kraft is no fool, he believes Brady when he speaks, because Brady has never given anyone any reason not too.

So to say Brady is capable of lying like Hernandez is just someone being totally asinine.

I get your point. I actually thought the same thing when I heard Kraft say Brady told him he had nothing to do with any wrong doing. It immediately reminded me of Kraft's testimony in the hernandez case.

That said, I don't think it's fair to compare the two situations to make any point no matter how tempting. Steven A Smith is out of bounds on this one in my opinion.

There is also to the matter of believability. It's clear that Kraft believes Brady. I'm not so sure he would say the same about Hernandez. He simply stated what hernandez said to him. There is a big difference.

I can see why you think it's out of bounds. Your last paragraph is the most reasonable argument I've heard so far. Maybe Kraft did not believe Hernandez.
But Smith said something provocative and that's his job! He successfully made us discuss it at least. If he had simply said "Brady might have lied to Kraft" we wouldn't even have had this discussion and given him this attention. So it makes sense for him to do it. Doesn't mean he's stupid or thinks Brady is a murderer. Just simply stating "Brady might have lied" in a provocative and eye catching way. Nothing wrong with that, he's doing his job and getting attention.

Just because Smith compares one trait does not mean he's comparing every trait... It is possible Brady has something in common with a murderer or a rapist. It is possible you have something in common with a murderer or a rapist. Maybe you like the same food, maybe you both lied to the same person, maybe you both have the same favorite movie. It doesn't mean you are a murderer or a rapist too.

You keep beating the same drum over and over again. Your first try at it wasn't any more convincing than your last one. You sound more as if you're trying to sell your argument to yourself, rather than to someone else.

This is a terrible comparison, for one Brady has never had any off field issues of any significance ever, and has always been a stand up guy. Hernandez was anything but a stand up guy since college. One is believable when he speaks, the other has always had controversy looming around him. I'll let you decide which.

Furthermore, Kraft came out openly in defense of Brady, I don't recall him ever doing that with Hernandez. Kraft is no fool, he believes Brady when he speaks, because Brady has never given anyone any reason not too.

So to say Brady is capable of lying like Hernandez is just someone being totally asinine.

Are you saying Brady is not capable of lying to Kraft?

facepalm copy.jpg

Brady would have manned up and admitted he 'cheated' if this was the case. The penalty would have been minor. That is why the analogy is broken. If you murdered someone - anyone - even Brady would likely lie about it. OTOH if you deflated footballs - well you could just tell the truth. I have thrown a deflated football around. It does not make a QB or RB any better IMHO.

The reason why the penalties for the Pats were so severe is that Goodell and the media don't believe Brady and the Pats. And that's because of the initial 'report' that had the balls way down in PSI.. That's why I think the penalty would have been much lower if Brady had confessed.

But I get why Brady is sticking to his guns - he didn't do anything. And he will be damned if he cops to some plea deal when he is innocent. No way you go to all this trouble if you really did it..IMHO. Sure there is a chance he just felt he was in too deep and had to keep lying. But we found zero evidence of this..

Once he slaps the NFL with some lawsuits - people will see he is serious and the narrative will start to change, IMHO. You don't blow your own money and go to court to sue someone if you really deflated the balls..

You keep beating the same drum over and over again. Your first try at it wasn't any more convincing than your last one. You sound more as if you're trying to sell your argument to yourself, rather than to someone else.

Nope, there is no doubt in my mind I am right in my view. I'm not trying to convince myself. I think it is absolutely logical to consider that Brady might have lied to Kraft. I hope not, but it is possible. And I also know at least one player has lied to Kraft in the past, so it's not like it's impossible for a patriots player to lie to Kraft, right?

Nope, there is no doubt in my mind I am right in my view. I'm not trying to convince myself. I think it is absolutely logical to consider that Brady might have lied to Kraft. I hope not, but it is possible. And I also know at least one player has lied to Kraft in the past, so it's not like it's impossible for a patriots player to lie to Kraft, right?

tumblr_lv87seSoBi1r6wo70o1_500.gif

gun to head.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back