PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez White?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Dez White was released by Minnesota. He may be a decent, competent veteran receiver to at least take a look at in camp, given the current depth. Any thoughts?

J D Sal

maybe as camp fodder for an extra body but hes not good at all..

Remix 6 said:
maybe as camp fodder for an extra body but hes not good at all..
Well, I'm not going to claim he's great. But he is 27 years old (to start the season) and has over 180 career NFL catches. He's better than John Stone, who is the same age within a month and has 3 NFL catches.

I think he could be a decent 4th or 5th receiver on the roster.

J D Sal

How can some competition between Stone, Childress and White hurt the team? Don't we need compeititon and insurance against walkouts and injuries?

JDSal45 said:
Well, I'm not going to claim he's great. But he is 27 years old (to start the season) and has over 180 career NFL catches. He's better than John Stone, who is the same age within a month and has 3 NFL catches.

I think he could be a decent 4th or 5th receiver on the roster.

J D Sal

Last edited by a moderator:
mgteich said:
How can some competition between Stone, Childress and White hurt the team? Don't we need compeititon and insurance against walkouts and injuries?
Umm, it can't and where did I say it could? I am for bringing in White and letting them fight it out.

J D Sal

It might simply have been a matter of numbers in Minnesota, as the roster already had Koren Robinson, Troy Williamson, Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor and Billy McMullen. I think he's worth checking out.

White wasn't going to get any pub playing for Vick's Falcons. In 2004, his short pass metrics were great. I'd like to see him here. Couldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Snapper said:
It might simply have been a matter of numbers in Minnesota,
as it will be here. Signing stone is cutting someone we already have. If there is a chance he can make the team, fine, I'm sure BB will snap him up. Otherwise BB is looking at the guys he looks at to help the team in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe