Deossie ran 4.53

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Hoch, Wendys, and Paxton
the LS position is oversubscribed.

Meaning the Pats don't need Zak
and this DeOssie orgy can peter out. :)
Unless you think he could actually play linebacker...:p

Prior to last year he never drafted a RB in the first round either. I believe what you are saying, is that Bill.B is set in his ways and will not change. You know as much about Bill.B and what he will do as the rest of us here. Nothing.

Actually, I am NOT saying that at all. However, I believe you are confusing the 2 issues. If you look at the teams he's coached, player responsibilities have been one thing, how he acquired those players, another. BB has acquired players in many different ways. However, when it comes to the punter, Kicker, and long-snapper, BB has always believe that those 3 positions need to be dedicated positions.

Prior to last year, BB HAD been the headcoach of a team that drafted a RB in the 1st round. Cleveland in 1994.

So, while I may not KNOW what he will do, I can take a damn good educated guess in some areas.

My post was about the fact that no one on this board knows what Belichick is going to do. Did they know he would play Troy Brown on defense? Did they know that Richard Seymour would play offense? Did they know that Vrabel would be a threat in the endzone? Did they know that he would let Givens and Branch walk in the same year? Did they know that the Patriots would tag Samuel? Pretending they know what he will do is just that...pretending.

Its pretty amazing how you bounce all over the place to attempt to justify your flawed thinking.

1) No one KNEW for certain that BB would play Troy Brown on defense prior to BB using him in training camp.
2) No one knew for certain that BB would use Richard Seymour as a blocker on offense.
3) No one knew for certain that BB would use Mike Vrabel as a TE in goal line situations, though Vrabel was a TE in HS.
4) The Pats didn't let Branch and Givens walk in the same year. The Pats made every effort to sign both Branch and Givens to deals prior to them being Free Agents. In fact, Branch wasn't a free agent. He was a player under contract who lied to everyone and then held out. He FORCED the Pats to trade him. I'd be willing to bet that even BB and Pioli didn't KNOW that Branch would do that. OH, btw, there were people on this site who DID say they thought Branch would hold out.
5) Many of us took educated guesses at whether the Pats would Tag Samuel. Those educated guesses proved to be correct.
6) Its not PRETENDING. YOU pretend to know what you are talking about. Many of use do know things and are willing to take educated guesses based on the facts we've seen over BB's tenure. Are we 100% CORRECT? Hell no. Not even BB is 100% CORRECT. We're human.

Not quite. He isn't going anywhere until someone comes along who can do the job better than he does, or who provides more value to the team.

No one is guaranteed a job just because they do it well. The idea that we can cut WMG and Ty Law, and let Branch, Vinatieri, etc etc walk, but we will never never let Lonnie go is ludicrous.

Please show me where I said that the Pats will "never never let Lonnie go" because I can't find that. It would seem that you are attempting to put words in my mouth.

However, lets extrapolate on what you have posted. Why were Law, WMg and Law let go? Because the Pats felt that the level of contribution (ability to play the position) by those 3 players didnt' justify the money they were asking for. To an extent that even applies to Vinatieri. So, you kind of proved my point for me.

What about Lawyer Milloy? He was cut and a rookie (Wilson) took over. Wiggins was cut and a rookie took over. There are a zillion examples of vets who were cut or allowed to walk, and replaced with a rookie.

Milloy was cut because his level of play had deteriorated and he refused to restructure his contract to help the Pats get out of a salary cap problem. It would seem that you don't know all the facts of the issues you are refering to.

Wiggins was let go because PRIOR to Daniel Graham being drafted. The Pats decided that he didn't fit into the mold they were looking for.

Huh? It is the same thing.

Tell me the difference between:

a) cut a vet and replace with a rookie
b) let a vet walk and replace with a rookie.

There is no difference between the two situations. However, Adam was let go because the Pats felt his abilities had deteriorated and they felt that he wasn't worth the money he was asking for. They felt he was only worth the money they were offering. AV left and the Pats got Gostkowski to replace him.

It doesn't change the idea that the Patriots let those players go because the Pats felt that the money they were asking for wasn't justified by the ability they were showing on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft