PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver vs. Cincy... unsure who to root for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a fact, then: when both teams have been relatively healthy since 2011, the smallest margin of victory we've had over them was 10 points.

We've owned them just like we've owned Indy, when healthy.

They're a very good match up for us.

We are talking about playing in Denver. Are you factoring in victories at Gillette? You have to be.. Because since 2001, the patriots are 2-6 in mile high. We do not own denver, in denver. If anything they own us.

We are talking about playing in Denver. Are you factoring in victories at Gillette? You have to be.. Because since 2001, the patriots are 2-6 in mile high. We do not own denver, in denver. If anything they own us.

One of those was a blow out win in Denver actually.

I'm rooting for Cincy because I'm still holding out hope that the Chiefs can win the division and the Broncos entirely miss the playoffs. Only because I hate those scumbags.

if denver wins we are almost assured #1 seed

I think this statement is a bit misleading because:

Denver would win the #1 seed if we lose our next 2 games and they win their next 2 (one of which would come at the hands of CIN, so they'd hold the head to head tiebreaker).

Damn, that asteroid is bigger than the earth and moon! We'd all die, not just den and cincy.

Unfortunately for the world, the only survivors would probably be Jets fans.

17032_1213853061_large.jpg

Their backup is better than their starter.

If they put their starter back in there for the rematch, we'd win by an even larger margin than if Brock was in there.

BTW - their backup wasn't doing anything until Hightower went down. We were missing our two best defenders (Collins and Hightower) and Coleman.
you missed the part stating their back up was making only his 2nd start

you missed the part stating their back up was making only his 2nd start

No, I didn't miss that at all. Their backup, even with little experience, was still their best option at QB. He wasn't even doing anything against our defense until Hightower went down and they were able to establish their running game.

Now that there is some tape on him, teams know how to play him. He's been horrendous in the last 3 games. If you don't think Bill and this defense will be able to do to him what the last 3 teams have, then you're delusional.

This should help Denver:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Bengals TE Tyler Eifert officially out vs. Broncos on Monday night.

All of the good teams the Broncos have faced have had key injuries and they played those games at home. They're far worse than their 10-4 record indicates. They've barely beaten some ****ty teams, and lost to several mediocre ones.

Once again, they're too soft and too flawed to have any success in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Thinking about it..i really don't care about who wins this one..Pats take care of business even 1 out of the last 2 weeks...SB goes through NE.

Root for whichever of them you believe is most likely to lose next week, since if the DEN-CIN winner loses the following week NE is guaranteed the #1 seed regardless of what NE does.

I'm rooting for Cincy because it would be hilarious to see Denver potentially miss the playoffs. Although I think that can only happen if the Jets beat us tomorrow, so it wouldn't be that hilarious I guess.

After Brock "The Doc" Osweiler beat the Pats, he was deemed the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I've never understood the alleged significance of sliced bread. I'd much rather have an intact loaf so I can make slices as thick as I want.

There is no way Denver is going to lose against Cincy playing at home and with Mccarran and no eifert. Pats have to win tomorrow. I am a little worried - these jet games are often close.

I've never understood the alleged significance of sliced bread. I'd much rather have an intact loaf so I can make slices as thick as I want.
But .... You still slice it. ...;)

Okay, so we lost to the Jets.... what happens now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes