PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver vs. Cincy... unsure who to root for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so we lost to the Jets.... what happens now?

Same as before. We just need to win 1 more game against a ****ty Miami team that has checked out. Good chance we'll see Amendola and Edelman, and possibly Chung and McCourty as well.

Although I would rest them all. As long as we get them healthy for the playoffs, we can beat Denver or Cincy on the road.

Okay, so we lost to the Jets.... what happens now?
First we mourn.
Then we prep for Miami. Brady needs to figure it out with what he is got. For all the "Lone Survivor" watching he does with his buddy Walberg, it's time he and Josh sit down and figure out how to make do with what they have.

Same as before. We just need to win 1 more game against a ****ty Miami team that has checked out. Good chance we'll see Amendola and Edelman, and possibly Chung and McCourty as well.

Although I would rest them all. As long as we get them healthy for the playoffs, we can beat Denver or Cincy on the road.
Maybe just give Edelman some snaps? To shake of some rust

the only way we control out fate is if the broncos win tonight.

That in mind, i need a monster game, im talking 2 tds and 150 yards from Demaryius thomas in order to have a shot at winning one of the patsfans fantasy leagues.

That in mind, i need a monster game, im talking 2 tds and 150 yards from Demaryius thomas in order to have a shot at winning one of the patsfans fantasy leagues.
what?...pats just need to win at miami

Can we hope the Bane shows up?

bane-dark-knight-rises-football-stadium-two-turntables-and-a-microphone.jpg

I've used the playoff machine and here's what I got. Obviously if Pats win in Miami we got the #1 seed, but for the sake of argument let's say we lose. In order to finish in first we need whatever team WINS tomorrow night to LOSE next week. So we don't need to root for either team tomorrow, just need to hope that whoever wins loses in week 17. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've used the playoff machine and here's what I got. Obviously if Pats win in Miami we got the #1 seed, but for the sake of argument let's say we lose. In order to finish in first we need whatever team WINS tomorrow night to LOSE next week. So we don't need to root for either team tomorrow, just need to hope that whoever wins loses in week 17. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds about right. Both Denver and Cincy need to go 1-1.

If we win though, we secure the top seed no matter what.

So we root for the team we think is more likely to lose next week. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Not correct.

First, NE does control its fate. Beat MIA and they get the #1 seed.

Second, a Bronco loss this week is irrelevant to fate control. As long as neither CIN nor DEN win out -- i.e. whoever wins this week loses next week -- NE gets the #1 seed even if they lose to MIA.

You are correct.

If CIN wins or ties, CIN clinches at least the #2 seed. An outright CIN win also gives HOU the AFC South title (and thus eliminates IND).

If DEN wins or ties, DEN is clinches a playoff spot, but nothing else.

If Cincinnati wins on Monday night, Houston wins the AFC South & the Indianapolis Excrement are ELIMINATED.

next week Den beats SD and CIN beats BAL, so we need to win vs. Miami anyway.

The good thing that can happen is knocking out the Excrement.

so... go Bengals (tomorrow, anyway)!

So we root for the team we think is more likely to lose next week. Discuss amongst yourselves.

In that case I'm rooting for Cincy then. They play Baltimore next week and Broncos play Chargers. Just can't see Broncos losing to the chargers, but I can definitely see Cincy having a very difficult time with the Ravens. Especially with their new, Brady mentored QB... who just beat ****sburgh.

Honestly, better off rooting for Cincy.

In week 17, Denver plays the Chargers while Cincy plays the Ravens.

Ravens knocked off Pittsburgh this week, so who knows, maybe Mallett is game for one more upset.

Chargers are pure garbage and that whole team checked out earlier this week against the Raiders. Highly doubt the Broncos lose to them with their potenial playoff hopes on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore