PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders "We need to revisit Manning vs. Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dieon Sanders "we need to revisit Manning VS Brady"

Last time i check jim nanz(whatever his name is) and Phil Sims called that game and not madden and michaels

the funny thing is Branch and brown don't suck. you pats fans say it over and over again and hope it becomes true.

the pats used to go 5 wide with Branch, Brown, Bethel, Givens, and some other guy i cannot remember. That's better than 90% of the nfl. quit acting like brady never had weapons

You know what Branch has down since going to Sea: 19 games, 1068yds, 5TD, 75 receptions. Not exactly top notch. Pro Bowls? 0

And Brown, 1 time pro-bowler who averaged 11.4 yards a reception and .16TD a game. Not exactly top notch.

Oh and what teams have a better 4-wide (5-wide really isn't a good example) than Branch, Brown, Bethel, Givens?
1. Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Moorehead.
2. Chad Johnson, TJ Hou, Chris Henry, Kelly Washington
3. TO, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd
4. Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, cedrick Wilson, Quincy Morgan
5. Bernard Berrian, Muhsin Muhammad, Rashied Davis, Mark Bradley
6. Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, Corey Bradford, Az-Zahir Hakim
7. Donald driver, Greg Jennings, Ruvell Martin, Carlyle Holiday
8. Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Jake Reed, Matthew Hatchette
9. Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Joe Horn, Terrance Copper
10. TO, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Greg Lewis
11. Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Kevin Curtis, Shaun McDonald

And Those are all since 04 (minus the 98 Vikings).

Its plain and simple, we had a HORRIBLE-average group of WR from 2000-2006.

You want to know how many teams have had a better 4-wide than the 06 Patriots? I'd say at least 20 teams had a better 4-wide in 06 than the Pats.

a healthy pats team mashed sd? i know you think harrison and our wr's suck but come on you think he couldn't school the the bolts cb's?

FWIW, the Pats were missing at least Harrison and Seymour when we destroyed SD.... And the Bolts didn't have injuries of their own like they did today.

so because w elose two games after a 12 game win streak means we aren't good. an unhealthy colts team took it to the pats last week. all we need is our ppl back.

great teams win despite adversity (i.e. Patriots of superbowl 38, 39). That's what makes them great. They don't go and throw six interceptions in a single game.

but when we beat the bucs and panthers no one said anything. show me a game were brady had to throw to 3rd, 4th, and 5h stringers.

All of last season you loser.

What kind of pathetic nerd goes on a Pats message board at 1AM to talk trash, after his beloved Manning just threw 6 interceptions? It's just beyond laughable.

All of last season you loser.

What kind of pathetic nerd goes on a Pats message board at 1AM to talk trash, after his beloved Manning just threw 6 interceptions? It's just beyond laughable.

+1, this guy is an embarrassment to Indy, and that is saying something.

but when we beat the bucs and panthers no one said anything. show me a game were brady had to throw to 3rd, 4th, and 5h stringers.

Why would anyone say anything? Like beating the Bucs and the Panthers is some accomplishment? They suck. No one said anything about the Pats when Brady was winning while throwing to 3rd, 4th and 5th stringers, like he's had to do often in his career as has been documented, UNTIL HE WON THE SUPERBOWL DOING IT. TWICE. That is the damn point, for the sixth time.

The BUCS and the PANTHERS!!??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
As for throwing to bad wide recievers, go find:
Reche Caldwell-warming the bench in Washington
Jabar Gaffney-4th stringer on the Pats depth chart.
Doug Gabriel-I think he's out of football right now.
Kelvin Kight-Pats practise Squad
Bam Childress-See above.

Once again...you are so STUPID!!!
It's like you've never watched football before.

Guess how many of the top 5 WR from the '06 Pats are playing in the NFL this year. 1. Gaffney, with a whopping 12 receptions. There is your stellar WR group. 5 of our top 6 guys that year didn't get passed the practice squad.

okay since the pats receivers sucked they must have caught a lot of balls where a guy was all over them. a receiver who sucks cannot get open, drops balls, and cannot block for running plays. so in reality they didn't suck. Brady got the ball there but if they drop it you gotta punt. by the way brady never had to deal with a defense that sucked where you literally had to score on every possession.

Your circular reasong is amusing.

O and I thought I'd add: Brady never threw 6 int's. Ouch!!

too bad manning will never be without weapons. Colts will always spend more money on O then D with Manning there. Right now, I can see them signing the biggest WR/OT FA next year now to combat the pats signings. Especially with no first round pick to throw money at.

okay since the pats receivers sucked they must have caught a lot of balls where a guy was all over them. a receiver who sucks cannot get open, drops balls, and cannot block for running plays. so in reality they didn't suck. Brady got the ball there but if they drop it you gotta punt. by the way brady never had to deal with a defense that sucked where you literally had to score on every possession.

Why do you think we never really had a standout (other Branch)? Its because they were all AVERAGE WR and Brady couldn't look to rely on 1 or 2 guys, he HAD to find an open guy. The reason you didn't see Brady putting up 4000+ yards every season was because it was hard for our WR to get open. We had no deep threat. Zero. How do you get open if you don't have anyone who can stretch the field? You don't. And because Brady looks for the open guy, you don't get as many dropped passes, as you are going to the best option. But his completion % has been around 60-63 without great WR. Now its over 70. Coincidence? God your an idiot.

Last edited:

a healthy pats team mashed sd? i know you think harrison and our wr's suck but come on you think he couldn't school the the bolts cb's?

blah blah blah.

NE started the year with an All Pro, possibly HoF DE on the PUP list. Was this crippling? No, because they had Jarvis Green as a back-up.

NE's starting RB got hurt and missed three games. Was this crippling? No, because Sammy Morris stepped up.

Morris is now on IR. Is NE crying? No, because Faulk and Heath-freaking-Evans are picking up the load.

NE's starting TE missed a couple games. They used Kyle Brady more and adjusted their offensive sets.

A starting safety is currently out. They have James Sanders to take his place.

Good teams have depth to deal with injuries. The Colts are missing their TE, #1 WR (I'm being kind to Harrison, and making sure this comparison works in favor of the Colts), and a rookie WR (is he their #3?). Remove their equivalents on NE (Watson, Moss, and Stallworth) and NE still has Welker (he's NE's #2, not Stallworth), Gaffney, Washington, and Chad Jackson.

The fact the Colts have junk beyond Harrison, Wayne, Gonzalez, and Clark is poor roster management. You don't get excused for that.

Maybe Dungy should have worked one of his DBs at WR during preseason. You never know when injuries will happen and you'll need the guy. It'd sound silly if BB didn't do exactly that in reverse with Troy Brown.

As an added but not related to injury thought, the fact the Manning can't throw to guys he hasn't practiced extensively with is a limitation of their offense and HoF QB. You don't get excused for that either.

but if they sucked they couldn't get open and catch balls. didn't BB say if a defensive guy cannot tackle why does he need him. why did this genius supply brady with guys who should be on the bench. can i question the genuis of BB now?

You just keep going in circles after your points get demolished.
You are grasping at STRAWS.

too bad manning will never be without weapons. Colts will always spend more money on O then D with Manning there. Right now, I can see them signing the biggest WR/OT FA next year now to combat the pats signings. Especially with no first round pick to throw money at.

First of all the Defense is ranked better than the Offense, thats you first mistake. Secondly, that unlike the Pats, the Colts get there offensive guys through the draft and not free agency. That has been your problem, you guys cant draft offensively, and use the free agent market to get your players.

by the way brady never had to deal with a defense that sucked where you literally had to score on every possession.

the Patriots teams were never constructed so lopsided where they had to score on every possession. They were balanced. Brady was given what resources they had and had to work with them and like it. And despite the paucity of real threats throughout his career, he flourished and won three superbowls. The point is that the offense did not have the same money invested in the wide receivers, offensive linemen, and runningbacks. The Colts invested the money there instead of in a defense, so Peyton was enabled to put up stats as intended by Polian and Dungy. He had so much to work with. Brady wasn't given comparable targets and protection, so he was not allowed to shine in terms of stats.

but if they sucked they couldn't get open and catch balls. didn't BB say if a defensive guy cannot tackle why does he need him. why did this genius supply brady with guys who should be on the bench. can i question the genuis of BB now?

Is this how all Dolts think?
Your Non-points get blown up, and you just find another way...to say the same thing.
Brady...has...never...had...elite...WRs.
Now...that...he...does...he...owns.
Did I type that slowly enough for you?

Having good depth is JUST as important as having great starters. A concept that you and maybe the Colts organization just doesn't seem to understand.

BB is a dumb ass if he surrounded brady with chumps.

No, he got screwed over by Deion Branch forcing a trade after Mangini illegally talked to him.

Belichick did the best with the situation, which was get a #1 pick for Branch. Haha, still laughing about that one, Branch is nothing without Brady.

grasping for straws is saying brady has never had any weapons. then who was brady throwing to for all them yards? BB is a dumb ass if he surrounded brady with chumps. the truth is he thought he could win with those guys. so he's a dummy.

3 Super Bowl later...he did win with those guys! And now the guys he has are BETTER!
The arguement is not about the skills of Brady's weapons, it's about how he can make something out of nothing, which is why he is better than Manning.

You are the dummy and your Colts SUCK!

Deal with it.

grasping for straws is saying brady has never had any weapons. then who was brady throwing to for all them yards? BB is a dumb ass if he surrounded brady with chumps. the truth is he thought he could win with those guys. so he's a dummy.

BB realized that it is more important to be a BALANCED team. If he spent all the money on WR for Brady, the defense might not have been as good and we wouldn't have had great depth. Its was EXACTLY our great Defense and Depth that allowed us to get through tons of injuries and win 3 SB in 4 years.

And to tell you the truth, BB was 1 play away from winning his 4th SB with absolute **** for WR. He wanted a challenge. Can't you see that? BB can win a SB if he spends the money. Why do you think he decided to get all the great WR this offseason? He had a "**** this I'm going to destroy the NFL" moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back