PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders "We need to revisit Manning vs. Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dieon Sanders "we need to revisit Manning VS Brady"

I can point out where TB does the same thing. I watched the AFCCG before last weeks game and TB went down whenever freeney seemingly had a open hit on him but he fell and brady went down and no one touched him. It even happen some last week. Brady is a system Qb more than anyone. Manning goes out and wins. Brady has to manage the game, that's what system QB's do.

Wait, so going down and not risking losing the ball on a fumble makes someone a system quarterback? I guess Manning should have been a system quarterback last week, he wouldn't have lost that ball from Jarvis Green's strip-sack.

So incredibly stupid that you'd call Brady a system QB, you've thrown away any argument you had. What a joke.

You based that on one game tho. Does the tampa game not tell you something. our routes are based on location. Manning throws to a location and the WR has to be there. of course if he's not that makes the Qb look bad.

I liked how on pick #6, his WR wasn't gonna make it to his "spot", a spot where a DB was already just standing there, and Manning let it fly anyway.

I can point out where TB does the same thing. I watched the AFCCG before last weeks game and TB went down whenever freeney seemingly had a open hit on him but he fell and brady went down and no one touched him. It even happen some last week. Brady is a system Qb more than anyone. Manning goes out and wins. Brady has to manage the game, that's what system QB's do.

manning has had the same wide receivers and great pass protection and a great running game while Brady has had to constantly adjust year after year and get beaten and battered every game. Brady has adapted over the years while the environment around him has incessantly changed. He isn't the product of a system because there is no definite system to identify. The offense is in flux and alteration every year.

And your argument is weak. qb's are system qb's because they "manage the game"?? The argument should be that "Peyton is not a system product because <insert here>."

The guy judged manning by the same criteria and called him a system QB. What system QB picks what plays he want to run?

its been fun. but bed time for me.

Good night. :)

The guy judged manning by the same criteria and called him a system QB. What system QB picks what plays he want to run?

The one that the Colts run, where Peyton gets to pick which DB to throw a pick to.

Exactly. give Manning time he can do wonders with this receiving crew. We actually huddled for the first time in 5 years in the chargers game. you don't huddle with guys who know how the offense runs. you don't build chemistry in one game, and judging manning cause of this game is silly and shows how much you really do hate him.

"Take away Mannings hall of fame recievers, and he become Ryan Leaf.":bricks:

Most QBs can call their own plays, it's called the no-huddle. Several even flourish in those circumstances, such as Brady. It's a joke that Manning gets lauded for choosing from a handful of plays sent in by that half-wit Moore. I'm pretty sure quite a few QBs in the league could manage to do that, they're just not stupid enough to try it. But if you really want to look at it, Manning IS more of a system QB than Brady. All of Manning's talent is pre-snap. He tries to manipulate the defense before the snap, so he can exploit them post-snap. If the defense isn't obliging, he doesn't have the sort of post-snap talent to consistently move his team down the field, like Brady does. Brady manipulates the defense pre-snap just like Manning, he adjusts protection, checks off to his own plays, adjusts routes and such, but on top of that, if things don't go according to plan after the snap, he has enough natural mental and physical talent to go through his reads quickly and consistently and deliver a good ball to his man. Manning is more of a human JUGS machine, in comparison. That's not to say Manning can't compensate for a play going bad, just in comparison to Brady, he's lacking, but so is nearly every quarterback in league history. So really, when you look at it that way, the system quarterback is definitely Manning.

How did manning manipulate the defense in the early years? He's not top 5 in TD's thrown already by having a lousy start to his career. If whatever he's doing i working why not do it? Brady was a screen pass throwing, dink and dunk system Qb while manning open the playbook up.

The Colts run the same **** every game, don't make it seem like we're doing special stuff. Everyone knows we're going to send someone deep and have another WR come across the middle. Clark is going to stretch the field, etc. Brady is copying manning and adjusting **** pre-snap don't you watch pat games, he does it also. that system QB.

Why is it you always go off on some tangent instead of addressing the post you're replying to? Who said anything about what Manning did early in his career? He sucked his first year. But he's been a cerebral type of QB for his whole career, studying hard to find weaknesses in defenses. The point is, when his study fails him, he doesn't have as much to fall back on as Brady does. Saying Brady dinks and dunks is a joke, there are so many stats out there that prove you wrong, it's not even worth addressing. And if you noticed in my original post, I said Brady does the same things as Manning pre-snap, he's just better after the snap. It's called reading comprehension, try it some time.

Exactly. give Manning time he can do wonders with this receiving crew. We actually huddled for the first time in 5 years in the chargers game. you don't huddle with guys who know how the offense runs. you don't build chemistry in one game, and judging manning cause of this game is silly and shows how much you really do hate him.

It was also clear from the game receivers were probably running the wrong routes. when Manning throws 6 INT with starters then judge him.

I have a problem with this. The Indy coaches choose to run an offense based off of timing and familiarity between QB and WR. This offers advantages, but a disadvantage is that you cannot just plug guys in.

Indy today suffered a consequence of their chosen offensive philosophy. We shouldn't simply discount it. And if they're incapable of adjusting their offensive system to account for plugging in WRs, shouldn't they be forced to suffer the consequences?

When we mashed tampa this year no one had a word to say.

you are wrong..everyone said indy is the best team under the radar with most depth. They beat tampa with so many injuries. now when they lose they complain of injuries.

Are you insane?

In both 2003 and 2004 we lost over 40 starters in each season. Brady has played games where Dan Koppen and Matt Light were out, and before Mankins our line was mostly free agents and undrafted guys.

yeah..remember the game when marty said you can only win so long with injuries which pissed brady off ? We had lost rodney and light in the same game against the steeelers.

Brady had a healthy freakin o-line we were on our 3rd string LT and we moved guys in places they normally don't play.

When we mashed tampa this year no one had a word to say.

You are as good as your last game. You are what you are.

"Primetime" rips Manning

Did anyone else watch the NFL Gameday show right after the Colts game last night. Deon Sanders said that we all might want to rethink this Peyton manning is the best QB in football talk. Deon said that Peyton had a Pro-Bowl WR last night (Wayne) and he threw 6 INT. He said that Brady has never had a Pro Bowl WR, and he never had a game like that, basically he thought that Peyton was exposed!!!

My point is Brady didn't go through that not even for one game.

You're showing incompetent ignorance of the facts now.

Last edited:
ATTENTION PATRIOTS FANS

Just ignore C-O-L-T-S, it will make it better.

Thought he made a good point.

He said, so now Manning is missing his weapons and he is playing very poorly.

He said he still had Wayne, a pro bowler and Adai.

He then went on to say that was still more talent then Brady had surrounding him during his three Superbowls.

I can certainly say that Manning had more offensive talent surrounding him out there today then Brady had last season.
JC! As much as I can't stand the ******* forehead and "Jethro-like" physicalities, Manning has always been and still is a great QB, Brady is just better, and everyone else is just finally seeing it first hand!

Sorry moron, Russ Hochstein was starting for us in at least one Super Bowl. Troy Brown was playing offense and defense because we were so decimated injuries.

Not to mention Tom Ashworth was our starting left tackle in a Super Bowl.

TOM ASHWORTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time i check jim nanz(whatever his name is) and Phil Sims called that game and not madden and michaels

the funny thing is Branch and brown don't suck. you pats fans say it over and over again and hope it becomes true.

the pats used to go 5 wide with Branch, Brown, Bethel, Givens, and some other guy i cannot remember. That's better than 90% of the nfl. quit acting like brady never had weapons

Bethel isn't even in the league anymore and Givens has caught 3 passes in the last 3 years. The guy you don't remember isn't in the league anymore either. Charles Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes