PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch has flu-like symptoms as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard it on ESPN 2. He almost missed the media session. Was almost fined 20,000 just like Osi....

So that's Light, Vollmer, and Branch w/ the flu.

And myself.

IF he was at practice, he does not have the flu

which is good, considering Branch is they key..he is undefeated in superbowls.

So the Giants have stooped so low that they are engaging in germ warfare?

Funny how both times we come to Indy for the playoffs we get this flu bug

This isn't the real (influenza) flu. It's a stomach bug -- most likely norovirus, which is everywhere in southern New England right now.

If the experience of me and friends who have had it is any indication, you'll be pretty much better in 24-48 hours. But that first 24 hours is a killer -- tethered to the bathroom, feeling like there's a knife in your gut, achy, and tired as hell.

I'm not worried about Light or Vollmer or even Branch. They'll be fine by gametime. The question is who's going to come down with it on Fri, Sat, or Sunday?

And yeah -- bad 2006 AFCCG memories...

Yup. Pats players came down with the flu the last time they had a playoff game in Indy (AFCCG five years ago). ******* Indy.

Everybody needs to relax, at this rate there is a new thread being started everytime someone sniffles. The game is in a few days, just let it ride, whatever is gonna happen, is gonna happen regardless of whether a couple guys have the flu. Just let it rideeee and stop worrying so much. I promise the sun will rise next monday regardless of what happens.

i care for one . . . having lost the 2006 afccg and seeing half our defense on the sidelines dehydrated and cramping from flu issues, i understand that sometimes sickness can play a role in a game . . .

i think our team has already had is quota of flu throughout the team in a given playoff . . .

Chances are that if the Pats are getting it, the Giants will too. They're all interacting with the same people.

They better have a GD team of assistants following the guys around with hand sanitizer.

You don't get fined if you're sick.

That said, WTF...Polian must have planted his flu cooties in the home team locker room for revenge. Good thing there's still 4 more days to get past it.

To run through 50+ guys it'll take several days. It's almost 100% certain that on game day there will be some Patriots dealing with it.

We saw how well that worked out in their last playoff game in Indy. :bricks:

Then again, Brady played with a 103 degree fever in the 2004 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh when they demolished the Steelers, so who knows...

Just heard it on ESPN 2. He almost missed the media session. Was almost fined 20,000 just like Osi....

So that's Light, Vollmer, and Branch w/ the flu.

They will all be a bit lighter on their feet which should increase their speed.:D:D:D

This flu is all over downtown Indy right now. My wife works on the circle and my son goes to the university where the Pats hotel is. Flu is everywhere.

Went through my family of 4 in six days, each of us down for 36 hours and another 24 of exhaustion. Couldn't eat anything, totally exhausted, about 2% weight loss for each of us. Nasty. Son ended up in the ER, thought he had organ failure he was so dehydrated... IV --- IV --- IV

[By the way, relocated to Indy years ago for work, used to live in Wakefield MA and work on Newbury st...] I AM not a colts fan.

But if you would like to talk about what the colts fans really are like, I can tell you ;)

This flu is all over downtown Indy right now. My wife works on the circle and my son goes to the university where the Pats hotel is. Flu is everywhere.

Went through my family of 4 in six days, each of us down for 36 hours and another 24 of exhaustion. Couldn't eat anything, totally exhausted, about 2% weight loss for each of us. Nasty. Son ended up in the ER, thought he had organ failure he was so dehydrated... IV --- IV --- IV

[By the way, relocated to Indy years ago for work, used to live in Wakefield MA and work on Newbury st...] I AM not a colts fan.

But if you would like to talk about what the colts fans really are like, I can tell you ;)
No thanks :cool:

But like I said, this is actually good news from a football perspective. It means the Giants are almost certainly dealing with the same thing, or will be pretty soon.

They are using the Colts locker room. Is there any enlargement of the forehead?

3 day 21 hours and 4 mins til kickoff.

Last edited:
Why is this only hitting the Patriot Players!? Maybe someone should pay a visit to the Giants.

For what it's worth, Deion was interviewed (in person) on Inside the NFL today and looked fine. Doubt he would've agreed to do the interview if he was too ill.

Last edited:
Some media members can honestly say for the 1st time ever that they are not full of sh!t.

The Colts are using biological warfare, I know it! Seriously, they don't want the Pats to win and it's their facilities. All they'd have to do is get an employee with the sniffles to start sneezing on doorknobs and equipment.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye