PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Pats Fans...September's Game of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dear Pats Fans........September's Game of the Month!

Will you be worried when Moss has 1,200+ receiving yards and catches 100+ yards personally against the Bolts? :) Is Craig Davis the answer to San Diego's passing woes or did he drop for a good reason, ie is he the next Mike Williams? Looking forward to the games man.

Given that we were the direct cause of Moss's downward spiral in Oakland, no we are not worried and yes Craig Davis will play the role of "Buster" well enough that AJ Smith will never ever be confused with Matt Millen when it comes to drafting talented receivers.:D

Good, because while you are taking care of Moss, Stallworth will be loping toward the endzone with the football under his arm.

For sure you guys have upgraded your receivers with or without Moss. But equally sure our defense will be truly dominant this season as it will extend beyond just a great pass rush and run stopping defense to include a turn-over happy secondary, one that actually holds onto interceptions.;)

Last edited:

Just wanted to let you guys know that as a die-hard Bolts Fan, I do not really have a problem with this week's Power Rankings. They are as they should be with the possible exception that the Saints should be 4th.

And at any rate, the Pats will no longer be 2nd nor 1st after the 2nd week in September anyway.;)

By the way, congratulations.....so far so good with Randy from all appearances. We are looking forward to playing him again almost as much as we are to playing your great team.:)

Just wanted to let you guys know that as a die-hard Bolts Fan, I do not really have a problem with this week's Power Rankings. They are as they should be with the possible exception that the Saints should be 4th.

And at any rate, the Pats will no longer be 2nd nor 1st after the 2nd week in September anyway.;)

By the way, congratulations.....so far so good with Randy from all appearances. We are looking forward to playing him again almost as much as we are to playing your great team.:)

Hey Caryl - how you doin??

How are the Chargers dealing with all the coaching changes?? DO you see the system changing, or will it stay as is?

DO you feel good about your draft? My take is you guys did really well Davis is money and I really wanted Weddle. Siler was a steal down low.

What is your take on NE's steal of Moss and pick up of Meriweather?

Hey Caryl - how you doin??

How are the Chargers dealing with all the coaching changes?? DO you see the system changing, or will it stay as is?

DO you feel good about your draft? My take is you guys did really well Davis is money and I really wanted Weddle. Siler was a steal down low.

What is your take on NE's steal of Moss and pick up of Meriweather?

And back to you FGSSAND!

Truthfully, I believe that BB is the only coach who will get the best of what's left out of Moss and if not that he will not hesitate to dismiss either player upon their first false step taken. Moss and Meriweather will either work out great for you guys or they will sit on the bench until they are ready to do so, for there is no gray area when dealing with BB.:cool:

As far as the Bolts coaching transition, all that really needs to be said is that both Turner and Cottrell walked into mini-camp calling out loud the exact same offensive/defensive plays that had been called by Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips and the players love it.:)

In total, we believe we had an outstanding draft even with giving up draft picks for Weddle. Personally, in Weddle I believe we have finally found a "playmaker" replacement for Rodney and believe me it has been a long-time coming. And Davis represents that one piece that has long been missing on the Chargers offense.....a WR who can stretch defenses and thus help make LT and Gates even greater terrors on offense.:D

Thanks and just how much do I owe you?:D

Please go click on Miguels site and scroll on down to the very bottom of his salary cap page and find "the Bread of Life" - that is a charity that our resident capologist, Miguel, requests us to help out should we be so inclined.

http://www.patscap.com/

http://www.thebreadoflifeonline.org/

Please send off a little something and know that it will be much appreciated!!

Here's to a great season for both of our teams - and for one us this year (me), it shall end with a win!

i cant wait for Light to own Merriman..Merriman will probably go to the opposite side though :\

can your CBs cover Randy and Stallworth when healthy and playing hard? Jammer is pretty good but idk..seeing him get beat by Caldwell gives me a great idea of what Moss can do.

Shaun Phillips should keep his mouth shut..he accuses us but not a word about waht u guys said in regular season year before

Rivers says Hobbs is the sorriest corner? Well he only prevented 2 TDs..1 against Gates whos much taller and outweights him by more than 65 pounds and with a cast on his wrist..also stopped Parker a few times. Samuel and hobbs did very well and shut down the outside really.

oh yeah..we also got a new OLB who doesnt need to hide behind Seymour and still get owned. Thomas knows how to contain the outside..unlike Banta Cain.

Given that we were the direct cause of Moss's downward spiral in Oakland, no we are not worried and yes Craig Davis will play the role of "Buster" well enough that AJ Smith will never ever be confused with Matt Millen when it comes to drafting talented receivers.:D

Elaborate please......how did / does SD go about neutering Moss?? Surely you don't expect to see Moss used by NE in the same way Oakland did now do you?

Ahhh, this is great, it's freaking May and already the games begin!!

i cant wait for Light to own Merriman..Merriman will probably go to the opposite side though :\

can your CBs cover Randy and Stallworth when healthy and playing hard? Jammer is pretty good but idk..seeing him get beat by Caldwell gives me a great idea of what Moss can do.

Shaun Phillips should keep his mouth shut..he accuses us but not a word about waht u guys said in regular season year before

Rivers says Hobbs is the sorriest corner? Well he only prevented 2 TDs..1 against Gates whos much taller and outweights him by more than 65 pounds and with a cast on his wrist..also stopped Parker a few times. Samuel and hobbs did very well and shut down the outside really.

oh yeah..we also got a new OLB who doesnt need to hide behind Seymour and still get owned. Thomas knows how to contain the outside..unlike Banta Cain.

Did you mean to say "if playing hard"?:) .......regardless the answer is yes.

I actually agree that our Bolts should keep quiet now and concentrate instead on making sure they have plenty to talk about when walking off your home field in September. ;)

In reference to our secondary, our biggest issue last season was really not the play of our corners but rather the lack of plays made by our safeties. With the addition of Weddle and along with a year's seasoning of Cro, the expectation this season is that our secondary will evidence significant improvement even though it was ranked 12th in pass coverage in the entire league last season.

And as it is, I am comfortable putting the S&S Express and the rest of our Front Defensive 7 up against anybody else's despite the loss of Edwards and Godfrey.

Bottom-line, if we are ever to be a dominating defense, this is the season it will be and our defense at minimum will finish in the Top 3 given no serious injuries.

Cain who?

Last edited:

For sure you guys have upgraded your receivers with or without Moss. But equally sure our defense will be truly dominant this season as it will extend beyond just a great pass rush and run stopping defense to include a turn-over happy secondary, one that actually holds onto interceptions.;)

I'm not sure where your enthusiasm for the secondary comes from. Your corners had good stop ratings but still had some of the worst yardage allowed per recepton stats in the league. This suggests that the times they did not stop the ball getting to the receiver they got burned BADLY. Is the addition of rookie safety Weddle really going to suddenly turn a mediocre pass defense (16th in interceptions, 13th in yards allowed per game) into one of the leagues top units?

I'm not sure where your enthusiasm for the secondary comes from. Your corners had good stop ratings but still had some of the worst yardage allowed per recepton stats in the league. This suggests that the times they did not stop the ball getting to the receiver they got burned BADLY. Is the addition of rookie safety Weddle really going to suddenly turn a mediocre pass defense (16th in interceptions, 13th in yards allowed per game) into one of the leagues top units?

See above and the enthusiasm comes from improving our overall pass coverage defense from 28th in 2005 to 12th in 2006. That and the fact that all members of our secondary were required to toss, catch and carry a football in their hands 24/7 during the offseason.:singing:

Last edited:

Elaborate please......how did / does SD go about neutering Moss?? Surely you don't expect to see Moss used by NE in the same way Oakland did now do you?

Ahhh, this is great, it's freaking May and already the games begin!!

Unfortunately, that is one Bolts secret I am not allowed to reveal but trust me it will be revealed for all to see come the 2nd week of September.;)

Last edited:

Unfortunately, that is one Bolts secret I am not allowed to reveal but trust me it will be revealed for all to see come the 2nd week of September.;)

Ha ha...too funny. Now, I am going ot have to dip into my vast library of games and do my film study so that I can point out to Ernie Adams what to be on the lookout for!

Jump in line with the other 31 teams. San Diego fans think this is the Super Bowl.

Other "Game of the ".

1) Jets for beating them in the playoffs
2) Bears for beating them
3) Dolphins for their Super Bowl
4) Steelers for beating them often in the playoffs
5) Titans for beating them and keeping them out of the playoffs
6) Ravens for beating them in the playoffs
7) Jags for beating them in the playoffs.

Maybe San Diego fans might notice the pattern. If the Patriots got worked up for every team that thinks it has a rivalry with them, it would make for a pretty full schedule. Maybe they should concentrate on the other games on their schedule before they declare the game against the Patriots to be their defining moment. If their team thinks in the same terms as the fans, it's no wonder they're surprised by their poor playoff record.

Oooooh, game of the month. Let me circle my calendar. I'll make little voodoo dolls of LT and burn pictures of Merriman in effigy.

I swear the fans must be prepubesent or at least mentally challenged.

Last edited:

Siler was a steal down low.

I agree and for sure he will be motivated to make a lot of teams answer the question of why they passed on him.

As excerpt from an interview during Chargers mini-camp:

Siler, a third-team All-American last season for the team that dominated Ohio State in the national championship game, was the 31st linebacker taken. Linebackers from football outposts like Alabama A&M, Brown, Elon, Florida International and Portland State all went before Siler.

And he still hasn't the slightest idea why he fell so far in the draft.

"Nobody has answered that question yet," Siler said after a practice during the Chargers' three-day minicamp. "There's a big question mark out there, and I just can't think about it. I just have to keep moving on."

The draft experience was nothing like what Siler envisioned after he opted to bypass his senior season at Florida. Gators coach Urban Meyer had tried to sway Siler to return, but the 6-foot-2, 239-pounder believed he was ready for the NFL.

One week later, Siler isn't afraid to admit that he has second-guessed himself over his decision.

"After you go in the seventh round, you have to doubt it," Siler said. "I was a tad bit embarrassed because of the decision I made for a little while, but it was a decision I made and I'm going to stand behind that decision.

"... If I would've (gone) next year, there's no promises that the same thing wouldn't have happened. I did everything that I had to do, and things still didn't work out for me."

Siler was second on the Gators with 77 tackles last season and was a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, given annually to the nation's top defensive player. He had 30 career tackles for losses over three seasons and was one of the many heroes when Florida limited Ohio State to 82 total yards and eight first downs in the title game.

Having reached the pinnacle of on-field collegiate success made the draft-day fall all the more agonizing.

"Our defense was one of the best defenses in college football," Siler said. "I led the defense to that national championship, so it was very difficult to deal with it.

"I'm just trying to ignore it and move on with my career."

First-round draft pick Craig Davis of LSU, a Southeastern Conference rival of Florida, is very familiar with Siler. He was stunned that Siler wasn't picked until the seventh round.

"He's a lot better player than that," Davis said. "He's a great defensive player."

I'm not sure where your enthusiasm for the secondary comes from. Your corners had good stop ratings but still had some of the worst yardage allowed per recepton stats in the league. This suggests that the times they did not stop the ball getting to the receiver they got burned BADLY.
Stats inc. or Footballs outsiders stats?

I agree and for sure he will be motivated to make a lot of teams answer the question of why they passed on him.

As excerpt from an interview during Chargers mini-camp:

Siler, a third-team All-American last season for the team that dominated Ohio State in the national championship game, was the 31st linebacker taken. Linebackers from football outposts like Alabama A&M, Brown, Elon, Florida International and Portland State all went before Siler.

And he still hasn't the slightest idea why he fell so far in the draft.

"Nobody has answered that question yet," Siler said after a practice during the Chargers' three-day minicamp. "There's a big question mark out there, and I just can't think about it. I just have to keep moving on."

The draft experience was nothing like what Siler envisioned after he opted to bypass his senior season at Florida. Gators coach Urban Meyer had tried to sway Siler to return, but the 6-foot-2, 239-pounder believed he was ready for the NFL.

One week later, Siler isn't afraid to admit that he has second-guessed himself over his decision.

"After you go in the seventh round, you have to doubt it," Siler said. "I was a tad bit embarrassed because of the decision I made for a little while, but it was a decision I made and I'm going to stand behind that decision.

"... If I would've (gone) next year, there's no promises that the same thing wouldn't have happened. I did everything that I had to do, and things still didn't work out for me."

Siler was second on the Gators with 77 tackles last season and was a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, given annually to the nation's top defensive player. He had 30 career tackles for losses over three seasons and was one of the many heroes when Florida limited Ohio State to 82 total yards and eight first downs in the title game.

Having reached the pinnacle of on-field collegiate success made the draft-day fall all the more agonizing.

"Our defense was one of the best defenses in college football," Siler said. "I led the defense to that national championship, so it was very difficult to deal with it.

"I'm just trying to ignore it and move on with my career."

First-round draft pick Craig Davis of LSU, a Southeastern Conference rival of Florida, is very familiar with Siler. He was stunned that Siler wasn't picked until the seventh round.

"He's a lot better player than that," Davis said. "He's a great defensive player."

While he could pan out 32 teams passed on him for 6 rounds...I'd hold off on calling him a steal just yet.

Reading his comments, it seems clear that he really doesn't understand why he lasted so long, and that is why he will probably not be anything special.

The scouting reports and comments I saw suggested that he was stiff, thought he was a lot better than everyone else thought he was, and didn't appear very coachable. In short, his athletic limitations and ego suggest he gets cut in traing camp and STILL won't understand why. Just because he was a well-publicized name who got drafted later than the projections, doesn't make him a steal.

You can't fix a problem until you recognize you have one, and it doesn't seem that Siler sees himself as the problem.

Last edited:

While he could pan out 32 teams passed on him for 6 rounds...I'd hold off on calling him a steal just yet.

Reading his comments, it seems clear that he really doesn't understand why he lasted so long, and that is why he will probably not be anything special.

The scouting reports and comments I saw suggested that he was stiff, thought he was a lot better than everyone else thought he was, and didn't appear very coachable. In short, his athletic limitations and ego suggest he gets cut in traing camp and STILL won't understand why. Just because he was a well-publicized name who got drafted later than the projections, doesn't make him a steal.

You can't fix a problem until you recognize you have one, and it doesn't seem that Siler sees himself as the problem.

An interesting perspective and apparently one that has not been shared directly with Siler. Yet, for what it is worth, most "draft experts" had him going much earlier.

And at any rate, his first and hardest task will be to make this team which would be a major accomplishment in itself and thus set the stage to be considered a steal at a later date.;)

Last edited:
Jump in line with the other 31 teams. San Diego fans think this is the Super Bowl.

Other "Game of the ".

1) Jets for beating them in the playoffs
2) Bears for beating them
3) Dolphins for their Super Bowl
4) Steelers for beating them often in the playoffs
5) Titans for beating them and keeping them out of the playoffs
6) Ravens for beating them in the playoffs
7) Jags for beating them in the playoffs.

Maybe San Diego fans might notice the pattern. If the Patriots got worked up for every team that thinks it has a rivalry with them, it would make for a pretty full schedule. Maybe they should concentrate on the other games on their schedule before they declare the game against the Patriots to be their defining moment. If their team thinks in the same terms as the fans, it's no wonder they're surprised by their poor playoff record.

Oooooh, game of the month. Let me circle my calendar. I'll make little voodoo dolls of LT and burn pictures of Merriman in effigy.

I swear the fans must be prepubesent or at least mentally challenged.

I like it and must say not bad for someone who, while not necessarily prepubescent, would nonetheless definitely be mentally challenged challenging the likes of me. :D

As it is, it is the past proven mentally challenged national media who officially designated the Bolts/Pats upcoming battle as the September Game of the Month and unusual for them with good reason because it will serve as the first real measure taken of two teams both of whom are likely to make the play-offs in January only to do battle again.

By the way, we do not consider it a rivalry or our SuperBowl just a great regular season game worthy of being nationally excited about.:)

Its going to be great fun and we both know you have already circled the calendar and that making voodoo dolls and/or burning pictures will not work although you are welcome to try.;)

Last edited:
Wanna bet?

It isn't a division game so it has no more bearing than the Cleveland game and I think there are better measuring sticks for us like Indy (as always) and Baltimore because of their placement in the schedule. I expect us to lose some games during the season and it doesn't really matter who we lose to as long as they aren't division games. He's a clue for the Charger fans since I know that you guys like to brag about 14-2 in the regular season and you've rallied around some lame excuse to overshadow your loss and declare your hatred for all things New England because some of you have make an enemy to justify your own embarrassment. The goal is to get the the playoffs, be healthy, and get home field advantage as the icing on the cake. At that point, it's a new season. Maybe you forgot because yours was so short lol

I'm much more concerned with Baltimore on. If you guys want the crown for the best team in September, great, I'll call Denis Green and see if he has one he can lend me. I'll settle for the best team in Feb. Maybe that answers the question for you; no, I don't have that game circled. I'll watch but I'm not going to sweat a September game and I doubt many here will either.

I remember that same ****iness right up until you your QB started screeching like a little girl at Hobbs and LT started pointing fingers at people who weren't even involved in a young player's emotion. It didn't change the outcome of the score now did it? Our coach is still with the team BTW. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes