PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deaderick suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question: since this was apparently something the Pats did, not the league, how long does it last? Is it a given that he has to miss the entire postseason?

I love the "OMG what are they gonna do" reactions.

The Pats losing Brace hurts.. But they got Pryor back. Also, Landon Cohen and Kyle Love have been Solid on the D-line for the Pats.

Going forward, the Pats have G. Warren, Love, Pryor, Cohen, Wilfork who can play. They also have Wright, whose status is still up in the air.

And, if need be, they can run their 2-4-5 Nickel package out there like they were doing for several games. It was extremely effective.

What is interesting is that they let Lorenzo Washington go as well.. He had been on the PS all year.. There may be a bigger story hear than we know about..

If they make a decision on Wright that he can't go, I expect someone to be signed in the next day. Otherwise, 6 guys to finish out the next 3 games should be plenty.

I think the response here has been more WTF than OMG. :)

I know I liked what I saw of the guy when he played and was looking forward to having him back, for depth at least. But, yeah, the D line has done great work lately. I don't see the Super Bowl odds shifting on this.

Kyle Love has stepped it up. Landon Cohen hasn't done much, other than make me wonder what an offensive linemen is doing on the defensive side of the ball. ;)

If we all remember, Richard Seymour missed some playoff time during our Super Bowl runs. So we shall overcome.

Cohen seems to be holding his own, seems to have strength and gives effort from what I've seen.

Dam..they are going to need a huge pass rush from the D-Line in the playoffs..oh well they will find a way

I'd be more than happy to see LeKevin back here in New England. I always thought he played well and took coaching easily. If he;s still in shape and able to plat, I'd think he;d be an easy answer here.

V/R

2-4-5 is good. There are 27 plays in madden 10. :p

I can't remember the last time i saw #71 on the field.

LeKevin Smith was really good. Why not cut deadweight-erick and sign him?

One question: since this was apparently something the Pats did, not the league, how long does it last? Is it a given that he has to miss the entire postseason?

Also wondering the same thing.

I believe that it lasts as long as the Pats want it to last.

The one thing it does is open up a roster spot on the 53. With the Pats letting Lorenzo Washington go, they don't have another D-lineman to put on the 53. Hence them trying out the 4 people they did.

WTF... that sucks. d%#*!@t Deaderick :ugh:

Wow. That sure sounds like a Pats-career-ending move. Misbehavior with postseason ramifications is NOT well received.

Lets not forget that in the midst of this mess, Spikes has returned from his suspension and will have 2 weeks back in the facility to get into game shape and study up. Will surely help our run D and soften the blow of losing another DL. Not everything is bad about this Monday!

Last edited:
I wonder whether he gets a chance to have the suspension lifted in a week or so.

I guess you don't cut him just in case the injuries get even worse.

I can't remember the last time i saw #71 on the field.
Part of the BB concept is the next guy steps in. While Deaderick got a decent amount of playing time for a while, I don't see a large difference either way to the next guy.
I had high hopes for Brace this year but he never seemed to take hold of a bigger role, so again, next guy up.

Lets not forget that in the midst of this mess, Spikes has returned from his suspension and will have 2 weeks back in the facility to get into game shape and study up. Will surely help our run D and soften the blow of losing another DL. Not everything is bad about this Monday!

Hopefully Cunningham is back too.

Wow. That sure sounds like a Pats-career-ending move. Misbehavior with postseason ramifications is NOT well received.

Belichick has put both Ty Law (2000) and P.K. Sam (2004) on the reserve/suspended list at the end of year, and both were back with the team the following season.

If Deaderick's career with the Patriots was over, they would have just released him, like Willie Andrews.

Obviously he did something he wasn't supposed to do or didn't do something he was supposed to do. BB is in the zero tolerance let me introduce you to my little friend, consequences phase of the attitude makeover around here. I think they are all essentially good kids but like one of my young cousins sometimes in this generation it takes more than one consequence to get their full and unwavering attention. We thought 30 days in Billerica at 19 would straighten his ass out. Sadly it took 6 years in MCI Shirley that wiped out most of his 20's. The good news is he's been a solid not to mention sober citizen for over a decade since... Hopefully after dropping like a rock in the draft didn't do the trick, missing out on a playoff run will once and forever focus Deaderick on his potential to have a lucrative football career for a decade... After which he can better afford to be a screw up if that's what he really wants to be. Didn't work for CJ (who if I recall correctly was suspended for not doing his rehab as directed when the team was traveling) but he was given every opportunity even after the fact to redeem himself. The suspension is a team one but he is done for the season as a result.

A whole lot of 247th picks are out of the league in two or three years, or even after TC of their first year even. You think this kid, who has an opportunity to show up, learn a lot from the best defensive mind in the league and even win a few rings in the meantime, would really embrace that amazing opportunity. With the injuries on the line, and with 4 starts earlier in the season, its not unlikely that this guy could have his name on the starting lineup in front of a few hundred million people in the SB.

With three games left, this line has to buckle down and stay healthy. Hopefully, the offense can build a lead and the Patriots can utilize TBC and Guyton for more passing snaps in alternate formations like previous posters have mentioned.

Belichick has put both Ty Law (2000) and P.K. Sam (2004) on the reserve/suspended list at the end of year, and both were back with the team the following season.

If Deaderick's career with the Patriots was over, they would have just released him, like Willie Andrews.

If he was released, the Jets or any other playoff team could bring him in. I wouldn't put it past Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back