PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deaderick suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be some kind of special to get yourself suspended for the playoffs in your rookie year, especially on this team

not a good day...Brace in IR - Deaderick suspended and Wright news are infortunately not good...

Relax everyone.
It's a rebuilding year! haha
Seriously...Pats just a need a capable fatty to hold his ground, dont go off sides and occasionally push the o lineman backwards. BB will keep it simple for whoever it is.

So if a team no longer playing releases a player (wink-wink) can we sign them?

Some excellent points here gang. good job. BB sends a message to mentally step up. One of the things to look at: Deaderick as not recorded a tackle since the Cleveland game. Granted, D-lineman in this scheme tend to take up space, so linebackers record a lot of the tackles, but a big body should bump into 1 or 2. Something else to consider; Deaderick hasn't seen time in two weeks. That is telling, with guys coming in off the street, like Moore and Cohen.

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Brandon Deaderick Suspended By Patriots

So if a team no longer playing releases a player (wink-wink) can we sign them?

Yes and this may be the reason why Deaderick was suspended instead of out and out cut. If we cut him our next opponent could sign him for intelligence report. This prevents that. They can cut him in Feb. Or just wait until they need space to sign the rookies.

Read that blog on the DL players they tried out.

Smith has a history with the Pats and Broncos.

All the others have a history with the Chiefs.

Makes me wonder if former-Pats coaches/managers with those teams are sharing info.

Any other reasonable explanation as to this uncanny coincidence?

Relax everyone.
It's a rebuilding year! haha
Seriously...Pats just a need a capable fatty to hold his ground, dont go off sides and occasionally push the o lineman backwards. BB will keep it simple for whoever it is.

Good point Bill and Pepper know how to cover the gaps w/ who we got....don't forget we lost Ty earlier. I'm pretty bummed about Wright but the LB's and DB's have been focused and more active (Mayo) and Spikes will be returning.
We got who we got-good thing our offense works....look how far Indy got.

LeKevin Smith was really good. Why not cut deadweight-erick and sign him?

Well, because he wasn't really good. Which, incidentally, is probably why he couldn't hack it on one of the worst defenses in the league.

Sure it would help alot to have Brace/Deadrick/Wright, and sucks to lose them. But I think we'll be okay. Keep in mind they were also (for the most part, Brace played the Jets game and Deadrick played very sparingly) missing the last 5 games along with Spikes/Pryor (Spikes the last 4 games) and our defense looked as good as it had all year aside from the GB game. And we will be getting Spikes back, hopefully Pryor too. If Pryor comes back, we're actually adding 2 important pieces to a defense already playing at it's best.

Read that blog on the DL players they tried out.

Smith has a history with the Pats and Broncos.

All the others have a history with the Chiefs.

Makes me wonder if former-Pats coaches/managers with those teams are sharing info.

Any other reasonable explanation as to this uncanny coincidence?
The only guy that had a history with the Chiefs while any former Pat coach was there, was inactive for 1 week and cut.There is no uncanny coincidence

I just really hope Deaderick learns from this. He has so much potential that I really dont want him to waste it with poor choices.

Has this forum now been overtaken by a mob of Highschool girls??

Like OMG! WTF! NFW!! =-( :bricks:

Yes and this may be the reason why Deaderick was suspended instead of out and out cut. If we cut him our next opponent could sign him for intelligence report. This prevents that. They can cut him in Feb. Or just wait until they need space to sign the rookies.

This!..............

So, is it just for this week's game?:rolleyes:

From my draft notes,drafted #247- he had dropped down in the draft because of the below incidents. From Saban's '09 "Bama national championship team.

July 14, 2007 charged with giving a false name to police, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief (for cracking the window inside a patrol car with his head).
Not seriously injured in the incident, he would be medically cleared to play later in the week.

Was shot-in 2009 by a would-be car thief. Deaderick confronted the thief and was shot once. The bullet went through his arm, through his hip and out of an area near his groin. Showing his toughness, Deaderick suited up and played against Virginia Tech less than five days later. Received the team's Up-Front Award for the outstanding lineman in 2008. Won the Billy Neighbors Defensive Lineman Award during spring practice in 2009.
No evidence that he went off recently in this manner, but he may have issues focusing, setting priorities.
Or he likes smoking crack.

Tough, and meanness may be a definitive characteristic for DL?
Hope he comes through.

Last edited:
So, is it just for this week's game?:rolleyes:

From my draft notes,drafted #247- he had dropped down in the draft because of the below incidents. From Saban's '09 "Bama national championship team.

July 14, 2007 charged with giving a false name to police, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief (for cracking the window inside a patrol car with his head).
Not seriously injured in the incident, he would be medically cleared to play later in the week.

Was shot-in 2009 by a would-be car thief. Deaderick confronted the thief and was shot once. The bullet went through his arm, through his hip and out of an area near his groin. Showing his toughness, Deaderick suited up and played against Virginia Tech less than five days later. Received the team's Up-Front Award for the outstanding lineman in 2008. Won the Billy Neighbors Defensive Lineman Award during spring practice in 2009.
No evidence that he went off recently in this manner, but he may have issues focusing, setting priorities.
Or he likes smoking crack.

Tough, and meanness may be a definitive characteristic for DL?
Hope he comes through.

He dropped in the draft because he got shot in a carjacking attempt? WTF???

I saw a segment of a Patriots show that had him fielding questions from high school students. He looked right at home with them. Big...happy....kid. I think/hope this is a maturity issue and he is just at a place that many his age are in. While he does have a distinct advantage for most his age at a defined career path, he may be too immature to realize it yet.

Last edited:
One question: since this was apparently something the Pats did, not the league, how long does it last? Is it a given that he has to miss the entire postseason?

I believe that it lasts as long as the Pats want it to last.

The one thing it does is open up a roster spot on the 53. With the Pats letting Lorenzo Washington go, they don't have another D-lineman to put on the 53. Hence them trying out the 4 people they did.
If I recall correctly, I believe it is for as short or as long as the Patriots want it to last, up to a maximum of four games. Since it is a team and not a league suspension they could reinstate him tomorrow if they so desired.

Remember in 2001 the Pats tried to suspend Terry Glenn for the season, then an arbitrator reduced it to four games. Tampa Bay had something similar with Keyshawn Johnson, if I'm not mistaken they suspended him for four games and then told him he would be inactive for the rest of the year. I think the NFLPA had it put into the most recent CBA that the maximum number of games a player could be suspended for was four games - part of why the Redskins waited until there were four games left to suspend Albert Haynesworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back