PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DB Index: Felger now tops the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As far as the top Douche Bags in the local media I have to rank them thus:

1) Felger. He continues to offend and insult our local athletes and coaches and owners day after dreary day. Not only is he offensive but he is usually wrong and unable to face up to his mistakes. People who question him are cut off. He lead the charge driving Randy Moss out of town and the Patriots out of the playoffs; for this he will remain in first place for the foreseeable future. Had to laugh today when someone texted in to Gresh that he watched Felger (called him "DB Felger") at Whole Foods being a **** to a checkout girl. Here is Shaw Thorton saying what he thinks of Felger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QGvaj6Pho
2) Borges. Borges used to be the reigning champ here but he is so pitiful that no one pays attention.
3) Gerry Callahan. Always going out of his way for something bad to say about local sports. He will ignore outstanding performances such as Jacoby Ellsbury and endlessly harp on the same bad players day after day. You would think that Ellsbury did not exist. He and fellow DBs have probably sealed Ellsbury's ticket out of town by the way they beat him up last year for no reason other than to be nasty. Only talks football to slam Ocho calling him a bust for no reason.
4) Dan Shaughnessy. A classic douche who has been insulting players for years. He may have been the pioneer douche of Boston sport. There is even blog about him
5) John Dennis. He is the one who started calling BB arrogant when he has no evidence of this and fails to see his own arrogance.
6) John Tomase for his bogus taping story. Only a one-time offender as far as I can tell.
7) Gaspar. In Felger's camp.

Last edited:
This O.P. is a great example of why we could really use the "ignore thread" option in the thread tools.....

Sup, Felger...

Fred do you call into sports radio stations? If so are you a satirical portrait?

Gasper ???

Not to be facetious, but do we have a list of guys who are neutral or Pro Boston sports?

Seems like a pretty subjective list.....

Borges and Felger are givens by most NE sports fans...but some are head scratchers...

JMHO :D

1) Felger. He continues to offend and insult our local athletes and coaches and owners day after dreary day. Not only is he offensive but he is usually wrong and unable to face up to his mistakes. People who question him are cut off. He lead the charge driving Randy Moss out of town and the Patriots out of the playoffs; for this he will remain in first place for the foreseeable future. Had to laugh today when someone texted in to Gresh that he watched Felger (called him "DB Felger") at Whole Foods being a **** to a checkout girl. Here is Shaw Thorton saying what he thinks of Felger: Suck it Felger - YouTube
2) Borges. Borges used to be the reigning champ here but he is so pitiful that no one pays attention.
3) Gerry Callahan. Always going out of his way for something bad to say about local sports. He will ignore outstanding performances such as Jacoby Ellsbury and endlessly harp on the same bad players day after day. You would think that Ellsbury did not exist. He and fellow DBs have probably sealed Ellsbury's ticket out of town by the way they beat him up last year for no reason other than to be nasty. Only talks football to slam Ocho calling him a bust for no reason.
4) Dan Shaughnessy. A classic douche who has been insulting players for years. He may have been the pioneer douche of Boston sport. There is even blog about him
5) John Dennis. He is the one who started calling BB arrogant when he has no evidence of this and fails to see his own arrogance.
6) John Tomase for his bogus taping story. Only a one-time offender as far as I can tell.

About the wackiest post of the week

I didn't know that Felger was a main reason why Moss wasn't good enough to be a Patriot anymore..and shame on Mike for costing us that Super Bowl,we all know how dominant Moss has been in his career in the postseason :rolleyes:

Don't worry about Felger & Borges they're both contrarians. Though it does allow them to use the men's or ladies room.

Fred do you call into sports radio stations? If so are you a satirical portrait?

I would like to call in to Felger but it would not do any good. Look what if did for John Henry! Made it worse. Francona was so PO'd with Felger that he called in and called him an idiot to his face. Worked for a few minutes but then Felger was back to at it.

Felger is a professional talker. Calling in to Felger would be like stepping the ring to teach Tyson a lessoon or on the field to payback Ray Lewis for his knifework. I would get killed.

Hey Mike, you're really good at your job and I enjoy your show tremendously but do you have to troll patriots messageboards? :)

About the wackiest post of the week

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately there are a lot of guys here who have no sense of humor. Football is so serious to them that the slightest deviation from the norm is sacrilege. The moderator is the most rigid of all--he is the No-Fun-Leader. I like to imagine him as a Puritan elder in a black suite with a starched collar him purging religious heretic such as papists.

If you want to discuss Moss in the playoffs I am happy to do that. The DBs in the press don't understand that in the playoff the Patriots were going against better teams that decided to take Moss away. It was not Moss's fault if he was being double and triple teams.

Meh, I wouldn't put felger above any of the idiots at 'eei, nor Borges or Tomase. Borges is really just an ass. Every time I hear Tomase's name it's related to some crap-slinging speculation. Tomase is worse, IMO, because I think he's doing it just for the visibility. Printing negative stuff about the local sports teams gets you promoted in this town. Tomase started with the frickin' Eagle Tribune. Once he started ripping the local sports teams/figures he got upgraded to the Herald.

Anywho, Felger and mazz are getting pretty annoying on this Henry thing, but they have to talk about it, it's the Golden Goose that fell in their lap. If they just agreed with him how would they fill up 4 hours a day of Red Sox talk? I feel bad for Henry though, they're really ripping into him on some totally unnecessary stuff.

Hey others hate Fleger more than me:

John Henry: How mad did John Henry have to be to go into the station correct him? I have never heard of such a thing; Henry must have been steamed.

Terry Francona: I have never heard of a manager calling in to a radio station to tell a sportscaster he is wrong. Tito must have been PO'ed at this idiot.

Shawn Thornton: Told Felger to suck on TV.

Even the other guys on the station such as Gresh call him a douche bag right to his face.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am offended by this post. Really rude and pointless; if you do not like the thread then don't read it.

Apparently John Henry and Francona listened to him and hated him so I am in good company.

Hopefully you are offended enough to get a life and do something more productive than listen to Felger.

Get a life? You just looked up some guy stats

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

1) Felger. He continues to offend and insult our local athletes and coaches and owners day after dreary day. Not only is he offensive but he is usually wrong and unable to face up to his mistakes. People who question him are cut off. He lead the charge driving Randy Moss out of town and the Patriots out of the playoffs; for this he will remain in first place for the foreseeable future. Had to laugh today when someone texted in to Gresh that he watched Felger (called him "DB Felger") at Whole Foods being a **** to a checkout girl. Here is Shaw Thorton saying what he thinks of Felger: Suck it Felger - YouTube

And by posting this tirade, the terrorists win.

If you want them to leave you in peace, ignore them completely.

lmao, a thread throwing the local media dbags under the bus.

I only indulge in media douchery when visiting my family.

Wish Thorton pimp smacked felger followed by "suck it"

Batting 1,000 with that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results