PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 3 - Looking For Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If cannon checks out, he has second round ability, and the potential to challenge for a RG spot

Cannon. Weird. Well, at least I got three picks right this year...

Yeah, great pick........ He's got a very treatable cancer that scared everyone off. He's a Guard in NE, and will likely be a very good one. I love this pick.

For a guy that is supposedly "Killing the dynasty", BB is doing a remarkably good job building for the future. :rolleyes:

It's funny, it looks like they are picking up guys who can help next year because they are sure that there won't be a season this year.

Last edited:
It's funny, it looks like they are picking up guys who can help next year because they are sure that there won't be a season this year.

I think it's just because he hates this draft, so he might as well get the guys with the best value, which are the guys who are falling for one reason or another like Mallett and Cannon.

I disagree. Value Picks is what is taking place.

No season hurts us big time. Brady would be older 1 step slower.

There will be a season. I just hope that it is not shortened:(

Last edited:
If Light doesn't sign, they have a couple of players they can stick in at RT and move Seabass to LT.....If Light signs, great...probably short term and gives the kids time to learn and mature...Sticking Cannon in a OG is probably a good idea.....looks like he can open a few holes for our RB's with his BIG body....

If Light doesn't sign, they have a couple of players they can stick in at RT and move Seabass to LT.....If Light signs, great...probably short term and gives the kids time to learn and mature...Sticking Cannon in a OG is probably a good idea.....looks like he can open a few holes for our RB's with his BIG body....

Solder will be left tackle - pretty sure BB said that on NFLN last night.

who the hell is Lee Smith. I mean come on they really need another tight end. It's the 5th round there are plenty of good linebackers left even if you have to develop them, another tight end is not needed. This is one of the worst drafts I think the Patriots have had in terms of immeditae impact none of the guys with the exception of maybe Vereen will have an immediate impact this year and help the team win. Watching the Patriots draft these players is like slow torture. I've never even heard of Lee Smith.

Lee Smith is a great pick. By far the best blocker in the draft at his position. I was a hair away from throwing him into my picks. Woulda given me th mythical four. d%#*!@t.

He's a monster TE....... Could even be a dancing tackle if Dante gets his mitts on him.

Last edited:
alge crumpler is done

He's either done or hes playing full back

Ummmm, he is 34....... How long did you expect to him to be here?

He still have one year left in his contact, so i expect him to retire at the end of this upcoming season. He still our best block TE and he was nominated team caption last season. Lee is basically his replacement.

He still have one year left in his contact, so i expect him to retire at the end of this upcoming season. He still our best block TE and he was nominated team caption last season. Lee is basically his replacement.

Yeah, and he's got a year to coach him up..... We'll likely only carry 4 RB's and as others have said.... he can long-snap and play fullback. Carrying 4 TE when 1 or 2 can play FB is not unreasonable.

Or we can even chance him on the PS (though, I'd worry he'd get signed).

I don't think so, he is our best TE blocker, that was our worst pick so far.

Crumpler is either done this year or next, what's wrong with having the best
blocking TE to take over for him (after going through at least a camp with him).

I hit two guys on my mock, Solder and Smith. Good pick IMO.

If cannon checks out, he has second round ability, and the potential to challenge for a RG spot

When he's set to go, he'll win the RG job IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft