PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Price Red Sox Era Begins

Not to mention that 3 championships in the same period as the Pats have been winning theirs (when they hadn't had even one in the preceeding 100 years) says they haven't done that bad a job.

Not to mention that 3 championships in the same period as the Pats have been winning theirs (when they hadn't had even one in the preceeding 100 years) says they haven't done that bad a job.
Felgers amusing. He thinks money matters in baseball, where it doesn't, and that it doesn't matter in the NFL, where it does.

LOL, Felger hates it, so there's hope!

It's a terrible signing, in terms of the outlay, when placed in context of the past couple of seasons. On the other hand, the idiocy of last season's moves made something like this a necessity. This is one of those moves where you hope the 'second' folly helps to repair the first.

I used to be a big baseball fan, so tell me, how much guaranteed money would you need to pay for a pitcher with more than one 20 game season?

Nice work if you can get it, I guess. Makes Revis look like a parsimonious decision.
Not many 20 game winners any more. 2013 - one, 2014 - none, 2015 - two.

Not many 20 game winners any more. 2013 - one, 2014 - none, 2015 - two.

Yeah I kind of figured that. They probably pitch 5 or 6 innings, then have the chauffer pick them up while the 3 or 4 relief pitchers hold the win. I really don't like baseball ever since the steroid era. They seem coddled.

You CAN'T hate it. Its impossible. It's a 3 year deal for all intents and purposes. 3/90 ish.

Yes please. And I'll take another too.

Can the team cancel the deal? I read it was all guaranteed.

It's a terrible signing, in terms of the outlay, when placed in context of the past couple of seasons. On the other hand, the idiocy of last season's moves made something like this a necessity. This is one of those moves where you hope the 'second' folly helps to repair the first.

How? It's a 3 year deal. What's so wrong with that?

Can the team cancel the deal? I read it was all guaranteed.

It's a 7 year deal with a player opt out clause after 3. Every pitcher that had those, uses it.

It's a 7 year deal with a player opt out clause after 3. Every pitcher that had those, uses it.
I like the deal except for 2 things: his playoff record is abysmal (0-8) and he strikes me as something of a ****. Of course, if your expectation in any pro sport is that your team will be void of ****s, well then...

How? It's a 3 year deal. What's so wrong with that?

1. It's a 7 year deal, not a 3 year deal
  2. Lester would have been a better signing, and would have helped starting last year
  3. Lester would have cost a lot less money

1. It's a 7 year deal, not a 3 year deal
  2. Lester would have been a better signing, and would have helped starting last year
  3. Lester would have cost a lot less money
Lester was never signing in Boston. The Cubs had the inside track and the money to get it done.

They could have saved a fortune by signing Lester last year, instead.
I'm still pissed that they didn't sign him. For that reason along Cherrington needed to go.

Lester was never signing in Boston. The Cubs had the inside track and the money to get it done.
Because a-hole Luccino played an unnecessary game of hardball/lowball and Cherrington f-ed up the negotiations and didn't fight for Lester.

That type of stupid-ass mentality is why they finished last 3 out of 4 years.

Overpay for the dogs with a ton of money who don't deserve it and short the players who deserve it.

That is absolutely incorrect.

Dombrowski's brought in the ace, the closer and the 4th outfielder. Now, let's see if he can move the two albatross contracts/players and, maybe, one of the other theoretical veteran starters.

LOL, Felger hates it, so there's hope!
he knows nothing about baseball economics.

What is Mazz saying? At least he is knowledgeable.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back