PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would vomit all over the place but not be too surprised.

That would be the HEIST of the century. Like yea go play your ACL comeback season with Tampa while get these draft picks just to sign you back again in a year.

Absolutely sickening if it happens.

Maybe one of those Batman doors where you have the garagedoor in a laker or in a waterfall.
What you do is step into the lighthouse, then a secret underground tunnel takes you straight to Kraft's office. :D

Yeah, I'm sure he would.... for 16M a year.
You telling me if the Pats offer him 12 or 13M he's going to go suck in New Jersey for the same price instead of come here and compete for championships?
Yeah right. Jets aren't getting him. Book it.

He knows the D. He thrives in that type of D. So i don't know why it would be out of the question. They have contacted him already

He knows the D. He thrives in that type of D. So i don't know why it would be out of the question. They have contacted him already

There's a huge difference in success between the Patriots and the Jets, and especially between a Tom Brady lead team and a Geno Smith lead team.
I understand Revis is a money guy, which is understandable, but there are limits to that. Anyone who would pass on 12M from the Patriots to get 12M from the Jets would be a freaking idiot.

If the Jets want him, they're going to have to break the bank compared to other offers.

That would be the HEIST of the century. Like yea go play your ACL comeback season with Tampa while get these draft picks just to sign you back again in a year.

Absolutely sickening if it happens.
I have to admit it would be pretty impressive if the Jets traded Darrelle Revis for a 1st rounder and Darrelle Revis....

If Belichick ever managed such a coup, this board would shut down from all the drool coming from certain members praising him for how brilliant he is.

Per Ian Rapport, Jets are in the mix as well.

There's a huge difference in success between the Patriots and the Jets, and especially between a Tom Brady lead team and a Geno Smith lead team.
I understand Revis is a money guy, which is understandable, but there are limits to that. Anyone who would pass on 12M from the Patriots to get 12M from the Jets would be a freaking idiot.

If the Jets want him, they're going to have to break the bank compared to other offers.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

A return to Revis Island? Jets and Darrelle Revis camp talk about a possible reunion, per source. #nyj

NY Jets, Darrelle Revis discuss possible reunion: source - NY Daily News

d%#*!@t! That was Saturdays! I knew I forgot to do something this weekend!

He'll go to the Jets. He loves Rex. He's already on record on national television saying Belichick is a "jerk" - - and he wasn't smiling when he said it.

The Jets have $42 million in cap space to our $17 million and have already jettisoned Cromartie.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

It is what it is, folks.

Re: Darrelle Revis Available

I'm watching NFL network and they're trying to say revis isn't a great fit because the pats don't play man coverage.

Did these guys watch the pats at all the last couple years?

He'll go to the Jets. He loves Rex. He's already on record on national television saying Belichick is a "jerk" - - and he wasn't smiling when he said it.

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm still holding out hope.

I'm watching NFL network and they're trying to say revis isn't a great fit because the pats don't play man coverage.

Did these guys watch the pats at all the last couple years?

They don't watch football. They just watch highlights and repeat each others narratives, than act surprised when they're horribly wrong.

Experts at work.

I could see the Patriots going 5/50 for a player of Revis' caliber. But if the Jets offer 5/75, obviously he is going to be Jet. Can't blame him for that. That would be a significant difference in money.

But if its 10m to play in NE and 12m to play for the NYJ, I think it would be a much tougher choice for him.

Screw this. I am not gonna hold my breath any longer. I expect to see that Revis is signed by the Jets, Edelman is slipping away and the Pats wind up **** creek w/o a paddle.

I would love to see revis come here, but I don't think its that likely. But a Ryan, Arrington, dennard with mccourty and possibly Wilson isn't too bad IMO. I want us to strengthen the lines and hope that we get luckier on the injury front.

The Jets have $42 million in cap space to our $17 million and have already jettisoned Cromartie.

2014 NFL Cap Tracker

It is what it is, folks.

The Saints have -1,108,143, so that's probably where he'll wind up.

I would love to see revis come here, but I don't think its that likely. But a Ryan, Arrington, dennard with mccourty and possibly Wilson isn't too bad IMO. I want us to strengthen the lines and hope that we get luckier on the injury front.

Settling for 'not too bad'. lol

One injury to McCourty, Dennard or Ryan and our secondary is crap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes