PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct. This year it would cost an extra $1.2M to cut him I think. Next year they can save about $1.3M if he's cut and in 2016 it saves about $4M.

Yeesh. Belichick had to have been hitting the sauce when he decided to offer that contract. What a horrible decision that was.

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/443374220811436032

Now hearing Smith Mallett Revis #patriots #Texans blockbuster is so complex that neutral 6th party Jeff Ireland has been asked to mediate

I'm hearing it's going to be #1, #33, Andre Johnson, Bill O'Brien's 1st and 3rd Child, for Patriots 3rd, Mallett, Arrington, and possibly Belichick's son's second son. I feel like pats are giving up too much.

I think they can save money this year if he gets a June 1st designation. I think Dennard dangled in a trade would be a more likely case just because he makes next to nothing, young, and has a far higher ceiling.

I think it is a moot discussion though because I don't see the Pats signing both Talib and Revis.

I don't either. And they shouldn't. It should be one or the other. If Revis lowers his contract demands, it should be an absolute no brainer.

I would definitely go after Allen but Peppers has lost a step. The team could go after Revis while instantly upgrading the 3-tech and DE rotations in the draft. Easley was touted as a first rounder and fell due to the knee injury. He would fit in here like a glove and instantly start wreaking havoc on interior OL's.

Peppers isn't what he used to be, but he would instantly give teams second thoughts on doubling Chandler or Wilfork. Peppers was still doubled a good amount last year. He's lost a bit of speed but he still has his strength. If we were to swing a trade for him and he's willing to rush from the inside like the way the Giants used Tuck, with two legit ends around him like Chandler and if we get Jared, would make whoever is playing CB for us look great, even without spending big money on Talib/Revis/Verner.

I don't either. And they shouldn't. It should be one or the other. If Revis lowers his contract demands, it should be an absolute no brainer.
I am in 100% agreement. It's worth paying for the best CB in the league, especially since NE just doesn't have one right now. And they're rumored to be close to signing Talib who supposedly wanted top-end money.

Schefter reporting Patriots and Eagles two teams that could land Revis.

if you could get revis and talib for 20 million a year, do you pull the trigger?

Re: Darrelle Revis Available

If he wants to play for $6m next season as opposed to $16m then yeah, pull the trigger.

If the CB market in free agency is anything like last year, Talib should be fairly cheap to keep around so it could be doable to have Revis & Talib together but it's going to just be fantasy in all likelihood.

Sam shields and grimes are getting paid 8-9 million a year. Talib is prob demanding the same. 12 mil a year for Revis is a good deal considering the going rate for corners this year. Coming back from an ACL injury Revis showed he's prob still the best corner in football. Imagine what he's gonna be like this year even healthier at 100%.

if you could get revis and talib for 20 million a year, do you pull the trigger?

You might try to, but I'm betting Denver will have a bigger gun.

What the hell. Go for broke. I'm an old man who wants to see one
more ring on Brady's finger.

No. That would easily be the best CB tandem in the NFL but it's too much money to put into one position that isn't quarterback. Further, if your pass rush isn't worth a damn it won't matter anyway. Get one or the other and spend the rest of the offseason upgrading WR, DT, 3-tech, move TE, DE rotation, SS, and interior OL.

Oh great, the Raiders.

They have to do something in free agency or else their fans are going to surround Oakland's complex with torches and burn that place down. There's a near mutiny already going on out there. If Oakland is getting involved, that's where Revis is going. No way in hell we can outbid them and Revis is definitely going to go for the money.

Well, from a quick glance if we just cut Wilfork, Mankins, McCourty, Connolly, Gostowski, Arrington, Sopoaga, Kelly, Slater, A. Wilson, Vereen, Ridley, Mallet, Cannon, Aiken, Bequette, White, DJ Williams, Ebner, Dennard, Bolden, Develin, Forston, Siliga, Buchanon, Beauharanais, Zusevics, Thompkins, Harrison, Allen, Baker,Davis, Jones and Kline that would free up about 29.7 mil in cap space.

If they did that, no problem!:)

They have to do something in free agency or else their fans are going to surround Oakland's complex with torches and burn that place down. There's a near mutiny already going on out there. If Oakland is getting involved, that's where Revis is going. No way in hell we can outbid them and Revis is definitely going to go for the money.

Wow would Revis with his Elite Talents play for another crap Team? Say it ain't so because if he chooses that Team he's just a money grubber.

I agree with you if it's about money only Oak has the cash to make it happen. If Revis chooses them over NE then he significantly diminishes his chances of ever winning a SB in his career. Your move Revis.

I may be way off here but Revis doesn't seem like the type who will go all out to win a championship. I think he will go to whichever team pays him the most - which I don't think will be the Patriots.

oakland has what 60 million if space, I'd expect them to sign everyone.

To be honest, I'm curious to see how the Patriots would pull off paying Revis and Talib excellent money to be their starting Cornerbacks. The economics of it all has me intrigued.

We have no clue what's going on with Revis, the priority is and should be to re-sign Talib.

If we can't re-sign him and Revis is a FA then we should go after him. He'll probably be around the same price as Talib (he won't go for 16M again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back