PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Belichick, the Patriots "explore every option whether that be in Free agency or the draft that could potentially improve their football team."

My point is, in other words, no f'ing sh** they have had "internal discussions" and no kidding this "writer" doesn't know any further at this time. Is that really news that the Patriots have had internal talks about Revis, someone who is going to be available combined with the fact that the Patriots could POSSIBLY be needing a top CB in the event they don't resign Talib? NO. Wouldn't be surprised if this was just made up; but either way, I'm sure the Patriots have had internal talks. It doesn't mean a whole lot though. They explore every option and at LEAST talk about those options.

Yeah, this time of year the Pats will be linked to many big name players who were never really going to be much of an option in the first place.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 2m
The two teams that @AdamSchefter pinpoints to keep an eye on for CB Darrelle Revis: the Eagles and Patriots.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Two teams to watch on CB Darrelle Revis once Tampa releases him: Philadelphia and New England (Jets fans shudder).

If BB is actually crazy enough to build this big 3..

Re: Darrelle Revis Available

I can tell you Pats have had internal discussions about Revis. Where those discussions were left was not revealed to me #PatriotsTalk

@MikeGiardi's Tweet: https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/443239964198060032

Is there any team management in the NFL that didn't have "internal discussions" about Darrelle Revis becoming available? If so, what are they doing running a football team?

Why do these guys have to torture us like this? We all know the eagles will sign him for 15mill a year and then somehow make Bevis suck. Love talib, but I'd pay few mill extra for the real deal. Plus he's a lot more durable.

It just went from 6 to midnight. Do it, Bill!

Capture1.png

Why do these guys have to torture us like this? We all know the eagles will sign him for 15mill a year and then somehow make Bevis suck. Love talib, but I'd pay few mill extra for the real deal. Plus he's a lot more durable.

If it really is down to the Pats/Eagles, then BB's pitch is easy. The Eagles ruined Asomugha with zone coverage. Revis will be exclusively in man to man coverage here and BB will let him cover the other team's #1 option week in and week out.

After that, it's up to Revis. Choose the coach/system that will maximize your talents or a few more millions $$$?

Revis will go to the highest bidder if he becomes a FA, I can't see that being the Patriots. If we were to trade for him under a restructured deal, maybe. He'd still be very pricey though.

If it really is down to the Pats/Eagles, then BB's pitch is easy. The Eagles ruined Asomugha with zone coverage. Revis will be exclusively in man to man coverage here and BB will let him cover the other team's #1 option week in and week out.

After that, it's up to Revis. Choose the coach/system that will maximize your talents or a few more millions $$$?

Erm, he'd probably choose a few million more $$$. Naturally, that putz Ross Tucker had to take a potshot at the Pats...

Ross Tucker ✔ @RossTuckerNFL Can't see Revis & Pats. He plays for $, period. Pats don't pay anyone top dollar. Not even Brady.

Do the Eagles still run a zone scheme? That was under Andy Reid where Asomugha was ruined. But if they are still running a zone scheme, I don't think Revis would be interested anyway because he would want to play in a man system. He is going to look for a new deal in like two years and his leverage is gone in a zone system.

Also, if you are running a zone system, why pay for Revis? It is a waste of money. That is why Tampa is dumping him in the first place.

So, talib AND revis?

If this team picks up Revis, upgrades at DT, DE, and a hard-hitting SS via the draft you're looking at one of the top defenses in the NFL. Revis effectively shutting down one half of the field allows Belichick and Patricia to get a lot more creative and exotic with their blitz packages while Dennard mauls his man on the other side of the field. If he can come down to the $12M mark, the Pats should be on that like stink on ****. The trouble is that he likely won't do that.

So, talib AND revis?

At this point, neither guy is on the team. I am guessing if they are confident they can get Revis, they will stop pursuit of Talib. But if they were to get both, the Pats would have the best secondary in the league.... at least while Talib was healthy.

But they would have like $20 million a year tied to one position just for the starters. Although in that case, I would expect Dennard or Arrington to be trade bait or cut. But I still can't see the Pats paying for both Talib and Revis.

March Fools! RT @mikefreemanNFL: GM tells me Bucs' initial asking price was two No. 1s for Revis. Around the league, they were laughed at.

https://twitter.com/JumboHart/status/443373405971443712

I think at this point, the Bucs will be lucky to get a fourth rounder to replace the one they are going to lose to the Jets. Everyone knows Revis is going to be cut. Now they are only going to get someone to throw them a mid round pick at best just to guarantee they can get Revis rather than get in a bidding war on the open market.

At this point, neither guy is on the team. I am guessing if they are confident they can get Revis, they will stop pursuit of Talib. But if they were to get both, the Pats would have the best secondary in the league.... at least while Talib was healthy.

But they would have like $20 million a year tied to one position just for the starters. Although in that case, I would expect Dennard or Arrington to be trade bait or cut. But I still can't see the Pats paying for both Talib and Revis.

Eh, an Arrington cut would just cost money against the cap this year. IIRC, it's next season when he can be cut and it would actually save the team money.

Throwing all that money at Revis won't matter much if QBs still have time to throw to whoever the other CBs are covering. Need a pass rush. I'd rather they spend money on Jared and trade for Peppers.

Our CBs even if we don't get either Talib or Revis will look fantastic if QBs are in a rush to throw the ball.

Throwing all that money at Revis won't matter much if QBs still have time to throw to whoever the other CBs are covering. Need a pass rush. I'd rather they spend money on Jared and trade for Peppers.

Our CBs even if we don't get either Talib or Revis will look fantastic if QBs are in a rush to throw the ball.

I would definitely go after Allen but Peppers has lost a step. The team could go after Revis while instantly upgrading the 3-tech and DE rotations in the draft. Easley was touted as a first rounder and fell due to the knee injury. He would fit in here like a glove and instantly start wreaking havoc on interior OL's.

Eh, an Arrington cut would just cost money against the cap this year. IIRC, it's next season when he can be cut and it would actually save the team money.
You are correct. This year it would cost an extra $1.2M to cut him I think. Next year they can save about $1.3M if he's cut and in 2016 it saves about $4M.

I think they can save money this year if he gets a June 1st designation. I think Dennard dangled in a trade would be a more likely case just because he makes next to nothing, young, and has a far higher ceiling.

I think it is a moot discussion though because I don't see the Pats signing both Talib and Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back