PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darius Flemming

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is getting off too easily. This was the last straw. Get him off twitter feed.
Look at the the guys twitter sig:
Did he not cover the team for our last superbowl? Run this idiot out of town.
Never noticed that, never noticed his pic either. Very unprofessional but that's no surprise. Not even Bob Kravitz has a sig like that and he broke the whole story, that's a sig/pic I'd expect from a Jets fan. Ben really is a disturbed attention seeking troll...

Ben really is a disturbed attention seeking troll...

someone should dress him up as a fur seal and stake him out on an ice floe up in Newfoundland...

Volin with an apology:

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

I would first like to apologize to Darius Fleming, who acted like a true hero last week in helping save that woman from her car and did not deserve to be subjected to the scrutiny and criticism he faced for a few hours on Wednesday. I believe TMZ’s speculation did the most damage, but I contributed to the situation by not fully explaining myself on Twitter.

There was no malicious or underhanded intent, and I would like to explain what happened:

I saw a Facebook post Wednesday morning from Fleming’s high school that he had played in Saturday’s game against the Chiefs with 22 stitches after kicking through a window and pulling a woman from a car. Immediately my goal on Wednesday became to speak with Fleming during the Patriots’ open locker room period to write a story and share his incredible act of bravery and kindness.

Fleming could not have been more gracious with his time. We had a great five-minute conversation, and I thanked him for his patience and understanding. Shortly thereafter I tweeted about his acts, and as the other reporters surrounded him for further questioning, the story quickly mushroomed into national news.

On my drive home from Foxborough, my boss called, “Can you try to get the police report and call the woman and get her side of the story?” Of course I would, because that’s a natural next step in the journalistic process. I never once doubted the veracity of Fleming's story, given what I know about Fleming as a person, and the fact that his story was full of vivid details. I just wanted to talk to the woman and get her account of being saved by a Patriots superhero.

The only problem was no one knew which police department handled the accident. I called the Foxborough police and was told quickly and brusquely that they did not handle it (they were getting swamped with media requests). Then I called Walpole police, and was told the same thing. Then Wrentham, Sharon and Massachusetts State Police, and got the same answer – “We didn’t respond to it.” Their answers were quick and decisive.

So I called up the Patriots and asked them if they knew which police department had dealt with it, or if they knew any details about the woman involved. The team did not. I tried to contact Fleming's agent, but to no avail.

I then called each of the five police stations, including Walpole, for a second time. I called Foxborough a third time. Was told bluntly each time by each department, “It wasn’t us.”

Eventually my boss called and said, “There’s a TMZ story out about it.” Their report stated that all of the local police and fire departments denied responding to an accident described by Fleming, which is the same thing I was experiencing.

At this point, I began receiving messages on Twitter about the TMZ report, and questions wondering if Fleming made the story up. After TMZ had sent out its report to hundreds of thousands of people, that’s when I tweeted, “I'm having same issue as TMZ: Neither Foxboro, Wrentham, Walpole or Mass State police say they have record of car crash described by Fleming.”

I should have been a lot clearer with the tweet, and witnessed yet again the dangers of trying to communicate in 140 characters. But in no way did I think Fleming was making his story up, as TMZ hypothesized. I was simply acknowledging that none of the local authorities seemed to have a record of this incident. Forty minutes later I tweeted, “Not jumping to any conclusions on Fleming story. He described incident in great detail. Told same story to teammates that he told me today." But it was too late. I should have tweeted it sooner.

Then, strangely, shortly before 4 pm the Walpole police discovered that there had, in fact, been a three-car accident on Route 1 last Thursday that matched Fleming’s description. The station put out a press release stating that no injuries were reported. I spent the rest of Wednesday evening tracking down eyewitnesses and reaching out to the woman and her family, who declined to return messages seeking comment.

So that’s what happened. There was no malicious intent to discredit Fleming or deceive the public. I regret that my tweet helped take the attention off of Fleming’s bravery. The article in Thursday's newspaper will only portray Fleming in a positive light, which he absolutely deserves.

Thank you for your time.

I'll reluctantly give Trollin' a little credit for at least taking the time to try to explain himself. As far as I know, that's more than TMZ did.

He's still a moron though

Never noticed that, never noticed his pic either. Very unprofessional but that's no surprise. Not even Bob Kravitz has a sig like that and he broke the whole story, that's a sig/pic I'd expect from a Jets fan. Ben really is a disturbed attention seeking troll...

THIS +1.

This is why the MCI deserves no sympathy tonight, despite what seems to be a very sincere apology.

He has consistently trolled the Patriots and the fanbase. He CHOSE to define himself that way.

His Twitter Signature is just confirmation of that.

Benjy, you made your bed, you've got to lie in it.

Hopefully, you can learn from this and not make the same mistake in your next gig in Dubuque or Peoria.

Shaft him and the horse he rides on. You will rather call around on a story like this, but don't lift a finger over actually HGH being shipped all over the nation to wherever Manning and his wife are.
I really dislike him now, he reminds me of an incompetent regulator I worked with a while ago. My life was so difficulty because of his ignorance and incompetency. I really detest incompetent people who don't try to become better. I don't know if he thinks he is being funny at times, but he over did even Breer during deflategate. This incident is bringing back memories I had stored to be retrieved at the right moment.

Last edited:
I'll reluctantly give Trollin' a little credit for at least taking the time to try to explain himself. As far as I know, that's more than TMZ did.

He's still a moron though
I know I contacted John Henry and the Globe and Cc'd Mr Volin on each

in his apology, Volin says, "strangely after 4 pm the Walpole police discovered that there had, in fact, been a three-car accident on Route 1 last Thursday that matched Fleming’s description. "
But in fact, it was on the Walpole Police online blotter and OTHER reporters found it. SO even in an apology, Volin is full of it. Oh and I like how he blames his boss.

volin strikes once again.

i bet the other writers that cover the team think benny's a dink.

in his apology, Volin says, "strangely after 4 pm the Walpole police discovered that there had, in fact, been a three-car accident on Route 1 last Thursday that matched Fleming’s description. "
But in fact, it was on the Walpole Police online blotter and OTHER reporters found it. SO even in an apology, Volin is full of it. Oh and I like how he blames his boss.
Good point, one of those non-apology apologies. TMZ did something similar, phrasing it as strange happenings by the Walpole police as if they conjured the incident to help somebody. You mess up, you apologizes wholeheartedly. TMZ has disgraced themselves proper. It was widely disseminated. They are going to see how difficult it is to rein in the little reputation they had once it is thrown away.

He's trying to make up for his fcuk up earlier...So sad...

Better that than the way some media play it.

I don't think Volin is a terrible person. He just isn't very good at his job.

Good point, one of those non-apology apologies. TMZ did something similar, phrasing it as strange happenings by the Walpole police as if they conjured the incident to help somebody. You mess up, you apologizes wholeheartedly. TMZ has disgraced themselves proper. It was widely disseminated. They are going to see how difficult it is to rein in the little reputation they had once it is thrown away.

He describes what he thinks he did wrong in no more detail than he describes all the things he (credibly) claims to have done right. That's a screw-up while apologizing for his screw-up.

That said, I believe his narrative.

You are blocked from following @BenVolin and viewing @BenVolin's Tweets.

Bendover Violin doesn't like the Joker:(

What did you do to him?

I once tweeted that I was ashamed to root for a team he covered, and he didn't block me for that.

He was just describing his incompetence.

That's why the apology was so long.

Volin with an apology:

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

I would first like to apologize to Darius Fleming, who acted like a true hero last week in helping save that woman from her car and did not deserve to be subjected to the scrutiny and criticism he faced for a few hours on Wednesday. I believe TMZ’s speculation did the most damage, but I contributed to the situation by not fully explaining myself on Twitter.

There was no malicious or underhanded intent, and I would like to explain what happened:

I saw a Facebook post Wednesday morning from Fleming’s high school that he had played in Saturday’s game against the Chiefs with 22 stitches after kicking through a window and pulling a woman from a car. Immediately my goal on Wednesday became to speak with Fleming during the Patriots’ open locker room period to write a story and share his incredible act of bravery and kindness.

Fleming could not have been more gracious with his time. We had a great five-minute conversation, and I thanked him for his patience and understanding. Shortly thereafter I tweeted about his acts, and as the other reporters surrounded him for further questioning, the story quickly mushroomed into national news.

On my drive home from Foxborough, my boss called, “Can you try to get the police report and call the woman and get her side of the story?” Of course I would, because that’s a natural next step in the journalistic process. I never once doubted the veracity of Fleming's story, given what I know about Fleming as a person, and the fact that his story was full of vivid details. I just wanted to talk to the woman and get her account of being saved by a Patriots superhero.

The only problem was no one knew which police department handled the accident. I called the Foxborough police and was told quickly and brusquely that they did not handle it (they were getting swamped with media requests). Then I called Walpole police, and was told the same thing. Then Wrentham, Sharon and Massachusetts State Police, and got the same answer – “We didn’t respond to it.” Their answers were quick and decisive.

So I called up the Patriots and asked them if they knew which police department had dealt with it, or if they knew any details about the woman involved. The team did not. I tried to contact Fleming's agent, but to no avail.

I then called each of the five police stations, including Walpole, for a second time. I called Foxborough a third time. Was told bluntly each time by each department, “It wasn’t us.”

Eventually my boss called and said, “There’s a TMZ story out about it.” Their report stated that all of the local police and fire departments denied responding to an accident described by Fleming, which is the same thing I was experiencing.

At this point, I began receiving messages on Twitter about the TMZ report, and questions wondering if Fleming made the story up. After TMZ had sent out its report to hundreds of thousands of people, that’s when I tweeted, “I'm having same issue as TMZ: Neither Foxboro, Wrentham, Walpole or Mass State police say they have record of car crash described by Fleming.”

I should have been a lot clearer with the tweet, and witnessed yet again the dangers of trying to communicate in 140 characters. But in no way did I think Fleming was making his story up, as TMZ hypothesized. I was simply acknowledging that none of the local authorities seemed to have a record of this incident. Forty minutes later I tweeted, “Not jumping to any conclusions on Fleming story. He described incident in great detail. Told same story to teammates that he told me today." But it was too late. I should have tweeted it sooner.

Then, strangely, shortly before 4 pm the Walpole police discovered that there had, in fact, been a three-car accident on Route 1 last Thursday that matched Fleming’s description. The station put out a press release stating that no injuries were reported. I spent the rest of Wednesday evening tracking down eyewitnesses and reaching out to the woman and her family, who declined to return messages seeking comment.

So that’s what happened. There was no malicious intent to discredit Fleming or deceive the public. I regret that my tweet helped take the attention off of Fleming’s bravery. The article in Thursday's newspaper will only portray Fleming in a positive light, which he absolutely deserves.

Thank you for your time.

As Volin has already admitted, he's not good at communication. Which is kind of a necessary component for a writer (don't call him a journalist, there's nothing he does that remotely resembles journalism).

So for those who didn't understand more of his nonsensical ********, translation below:

I ****ed up, I thought this would be my big break in my quest to **** over the Patriots like my heroes Tomase and Borges and Kravitz, who I constantly jerk off to while re-reading Spygate/Deflategate stories.

Instead of actually doing research, I started writing my hit piece until other real sources started uncovering the truth. Finally understanding that the absence of something does not mean the opposite is true, I quickly tried to backtrack and cover my own ass, which I admit is too fat to totally cover.

However, this is not an admission of guilt. And when every single Patriot refuses to talk to me ever again, I will be sure to write about and blame them for being secretive and mean, and not because I am a total ******* who always twists and fabricates lies about them.

I apologize for failing to take down the Patriots again. I will do better John, Ron, Bob. Please forgive me.

Better that than the way some media play it.

I don't think Volin is a terrible person. He just isn't very good at his job.

I think he is a terrible person, atypical of many of the Sports Mediots who are more worried about breaking news and social media followers, rather than corroborating this or any story.

There is an underlying current in this town by sports scribes that hopes that they can contribute to the demise of the Patriots Empire.. Borges, Shaughnessy, Felger etc. et al have all tried to topple BB and his crew for a while now, what is one more..

volin strikes once again.

i bet the other writers that cover the team think benny's a dink.
Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Pats locker room the next time the tater tot slinks in. For once, I'd like the boys in blue to take the filter off

upload_2016-1-21_12-4-12.jpeg
images

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-21_12-5-36.png
    upload_2016-1-21_12-5-36.png
    282 bytes · Views: 3
Why not call the fire stations? dumbarse Volin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back