PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutdown Day: PATS NEWS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they could not trade Hoyer.

When I saw the number of rookie and 2nd QB's starting + the inability of touted FA backups of Kolb & Flynn I didn't think there would be a market for Hoyer.

I am sure he will catch on somewhere.

Ebert has not been cut yet

I thought he was based upon the posts on the last page of this thread. I stand corrected...however he still isn't a veteran WR....which was the question that was asked.

Hey Mods: why the creation of these super threads today w/all info together? Branch, etc. are worthy of separate threads. Think of all the junk we usually have to wade through!

Hey Mods: why the creation of these super threads today w/all info together? Branch, etc. are worthy of separate threads. Think of all the junk we usually have to wade through!

Because other posters requested that we not have 22 threads for the 22 cuts. (I do agree that the big surprises like Hoyer and Branch should probably have separate discussion, threads.)

When I saw the number of rookie and 2nd QB's starting + the inability of touted FA backups of Kolb & Flynn I didn't think there would be a market for Hoyer.

I am sure he will catch on somewhere.

plus unlike those guys Hoyer was never able to actually advertise himself by starting a regular season game and playing well in it.

Last edited:
Because other posters requested that we not have 22 threads for the 22 cuts. (I do agree that the big surprises like Hoyer and Branch should probably have separate discussion, threads.)

Branch, definitely, but looks like someone else doesn't agree with this.

Cuts begin: Patriots WR Branch Released, QB Hoyer, OL Dan Koppen Also Let Go

Cuts begin: Patriots WR Branch Released, QB Hoyer, OL Dan Koppen Also Let Go
By: Ian Logue

With the team in need on making cuts to get down to their 53-man roster by 9pm today, the Patriots are starting to make their moves and a couple of noticable ones have already occurred....

Is it possible they plan on placing someone on the in season IR list and then re-sign Branch?

Maybe Demps?

I believe the player needs to be on the 53 roster before being placed on IR.

Zolak seems to think Kettani is safe:

Scott Zolak ‏@scottzolak
They're keeping a FB....GO NAVY

Seems more and more that Hernandez may be the missing piece here, as he may be more of a hybrid wr than a TE.. considering that we have Gronk, Fells and Sciancoe(sp)...

Do not think that Slater would be penciled in as #3....

Personally, I find the 22 thread approach much easier. One simply looks at the thread titles and knows what's going on. Sifting through a long continuing thread is cumbersome. One end up going to other sites to get news. The other option is to sit at the keyboard all day and night.

Update post #1 with the names of those cut.

Personally, I find the 22 thread approach much easier. One simply looks at the thread titles and knows what's going on. Sifting through a long continuing thread is cumbersome. One end up going to other sites to get news. The other option is to sit at the keyboard all day and night.

Agreed the great thing about pats fans is poping open seeing all the news in the thread titles it just took 15 min to read this thread to see that it really is still just the 3 or 4 reported so far. :mad::mad:

Or...you could get back to work, get a good night's sleep and read the Globe in the morning.

Is it possible they plan on placing someone on the in season IR list and then re-sign Branch?

Maybe Demps?

I believe the player needs to be on the 53 roster before being placed on IR.

No, no and no.

Demps to the 53

Can put players on IR before the 53 is set.

I agree, I want to see the names of the cuts right on the forum... and not have to sift through the thread.

Now that STUNS me. Not Koppen, not Hoyer. But Branch - WOW.

It stuns me only in the context of Stallworth and Gaffney already being gone. I left him off my first couple of final 53 predictions, but as of now we basically have two wide receivers who we know can play. wtf?

Hoyer's probably a bigger overall surprise than Branch - he has sucked this offseason, but I can't criticize a QB too much for performing badly behind the offensive line that the Pats have been putting in front of him. Belichick must be really encouraged by what he sees from Mallett.

Last edited:
No, no and no.

Demps to the 53

Can put players on IR before the 53 is set.

You can IR players before the 53 is set, but I think it has to be after September 5th for him to be eligible to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes