PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran Knows Something

Maye or Mccarhy or Daniel’s or Harrison Jr or Malk Nabers.
Anything else will make me have to buy a new TV.
We take McCarthy at 3 I will puke. If we can move back and get him later fine but him at 3 would be terrible.

Thunder is going for it and loading up the Buick for Florida. He aint getting no younger. BK is talking PLAYOFFS this season if things line up right.

The Pats are taking a QB at # 3. No player creates excitement like a new QB after 4 years of subpar play at that position.

R
Thunder is going for it and loading up the Buick for Florida. He aint getting no younger. BK is talking PLAYOFFS this season if things line up right.

The Pats are taking a QB at # 3. No player creates excitement like a new QB after 4 years of subpar play at that position.
They need a new face of the franchise.
When Mac Jones fell flat on his stupid face.

Yes Mayo and Curran did Quick Slants together (damn I miss that adorable KayWay Adams when she was just a kitten) so yeah Curran has a lot of insider info. He also gets some stuff from Jonathan Kraft. If Curran reports something big on the future you best believe it’s not coming from Tomase’s sources.

Curran’s full quote:

“What I’m hearing in terms of ‘the bag’ that Jerod Mayo referenced last week, what kind of currency do the Patriots need to see coming to them? And I keep circling back to it’s gotta be three first-round picks, meaning Minnesota at 11, and 23 this year and their first-round pick next year. From what I’m hearing, it’s going to take a lot more than that for the Patriots to be moved off their spot.”

“Because they as a team collectively understand the opportunity that these three quarterbacks represent at the top of the draft - take McCarthy out - these two quarterbacks, whether it be Daniels or Maye.”

“This isn’t Trey Lance and Zack Wilson. It is two people that there is full consensus that they're franchise quarterbacks.”

16 minute mark:

Last edited:
I don’t have the exact quote in front of me, but he said on today’s podcast that he’s heard it’s going to take an absurd amount to move the Patriots out of taking a QB at #3, probably even more than three first round picks. So it sounds like they are set at taking someone there, which will quiet any additional speculation about them potentially trading back.
At this point I can't wait for the draft to actually get here! Personally I'm confident we will get a talented top QB at#3.. it's a necessity, it's no secret what we need. Getting the QB a guy who can elevate, make big throws, get away from pressure and throw on the run making his teammates better.

I don’t have the exact quote in front of me, but he said on today’s podcast that he’s heard it’s going to take an absurd amount to move the Patriots out of taking a QB at #3, probably even more than three first round picks. So it sounds like they are set at taking someone there, which will quiet any additional speculation about them potentially trading back.
??? I'm confused.

Ever since MIN secured its 2nd first round pick, the discussion here has been about 3rd firsts and a 4th this year or a pick or two next year. The thought has always been about the bidding starting at 3 first round picks.

Last week MIN tried to leak comments indicating that negotiations START at 2 first round picks.

Yes, the issue has always been how highly we valued the four quarterbacks. Until now, Curran didn't think that the team valued the choice highly enough to stay put at 3.

Other than the smokescreen revolving around McCarthy, I haven't seen any movement in weeks, other than reports that all the QB's performed well and interviewed well.

Curran knows his **** and has good sources.

Nonetheless, nothing he is saying is any kind of surprise to me.... (shrugs)

Our plan is two pronged:

1.) Take Daniels or Maye.

2.) Trade down for a Brinks truck type of haul.

Curran knows his **** and has good sources.

Nonetheless, nothing he is saying is any kind of surprise to me.... (shrugs)

Our plan is two pronged:

1.) Take Daniels or Maye.

2.) Trade down for a Brinks truck type of haul.
The question has always been whether we would like who is available at 3 to pass up an offer for MIN for 3 firsts or more.

The question has always been whether we would like who is available at 3 to pass up an offer for MIN for 3 firsts or more.

Exactamundo!!

That is the question, no doubt about it. None at all.

This is all getting very monotonous. Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy? What would the bag need to be? All conjecture and speculation due to long period of no or minimal hard news. I check in every few days to see if anything's new, and same old same old. The draft can't come soon enough.

We all know that Curran and Mayo are close personally.

Curran has been pining for a trade down for months.

Over the past two days he started to change his tune…pumping up Drake Maye and his toughness. Then today, he just released his new podcast episode and said “I’ve heard it would take a lot MORE than 3 first round picks for them to consider trading down because of how they see the top quarterbacks ”.

What does it all mean? Could be nothing. Personally, I think Curran got a wink wink from Mayo, “don’t overthink it, we’re taking Drake Maye”.

FWIW

I’m pretty sure Adam Peters shook Drake Mayes hand. And his word is like oak. It can’t be broken. Unless you have like a saw or something.

Curran is tied in with Mayo, no doubt about it...

I do wonder if he is going to pull any punches this year, based on that relationship...

and it will be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't...

This is all getting very monotonous. Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy? What would the bag need to be? All conjecture and speculation due to long period of no or minimal hard news. I check in every few days to see if anything's new, and same old same old. The draft can't come soon enough.
it is... its going to be whoever hasn't been taken off the board at this point... we will use the 3 pick, we will take a QB... doesn't really matter who it is at this point... it will either be daniels or maye...

Maye or Mccarhy or Daniel’s or Harrison Jr or Malk Nabers.
Anything else will make me have to buy a new TV.

Or Alt, or Williams, maybe Odunze, maybe even Brock Bowers, or Fashuanga. So many choices.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back