PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Brady and his no-good, 6-2 Pats march on

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should.

Once this offense gels, its gonna be good. It's just been set back by injuries. After the bye, I believe the offense will start clicking, winning games and having fans talking about a deep playoff run (like usual). Like our usual spoiled years.

Did the Pats pass the eye ball test to you so far?

They're very lucky to be 6-2 so far. Even if they get to the playoffs, will they keep getting lucky breaks? I hope so, but, this team isn't very good.

"It’s Beethoven being asked to conduct his Fifth Symphony to a bunch of first-graders playing kazoos. After they ate a pack of crackers. Of course his numbers suck."

Well put.

They're very lucky to be 6-2 so far. Even if they get to the playoffs, will they keep getting lucky breaks? I hope so, but, this team isn't very good.

Wouldn't be the first time a team gets through the playoffs based on luck.

Brady’s numbers, to put it bluntly, suck. The aforementioned personnel losses explain part of it. The rest can be explained because he’s unsure who will be open when, how to best deliver the ball, whether blitzes will be picked up and whether these receivers thrust into prominent roles are mentally capable of doing them. And somehow, the Patriots have forgotten that it's legal to throw the ball inside the numbers this season.

Pretty much what a lot of us have been saying....

Is this like the "It's too high" on the homerun by the opposing team in Major Leagues?

An overtime loss to the Jets and a 13-6 loss to the 6-2 team on the road that dismantled the Jets today.

Are the Broncos good, or lucky? They needed a Romo turnover to beat Dallas, and a Redskins meltdown (38 points rather than 27 for the Pats against Miami) to turn today's game around. They could be 5-3, not 7-1.

Is Seattle lucky or good? The Panthers were in a position to win the first game, and the Texans choked that game away. They could be 5-3, not 7-1.

Are the Pats perfect? Far from it. We have yet to see a 60 minute game on either side of the ball. But as Parcells said, "You are what your record says you are." If the Pats managed wins against the Bengals and Jets, and were 8-0, are they still not "very good"? By that standard, which team in the NFL is "very good."

At the end of the day, the scoreboard is all that matters. This is not Olympic figure skating, graded on style. Winning ugly appears to be the mantra this year, but it is still winning in the end.

I agree only your last sentence.

I don't see that amount of luck. We won those games. Against weak opponents it's true, but legitimate victories.

We could be 7-1 without that robbery last week. Being even more optimistic, without that huge rain at the end of the Bengals game, what could have happened? But that's too much.

I just think this team is playing poor football, but no luck at all, just competence to win those games.

And talking about luck, is there any other team in NFL with so many star players falling down? If you look over this point of view we are having a hell of a bad luck that's it.

Its actually a great thing that they are winning without Brady playing well. Right now they don't look good enough to win in the playoffs but the playoffs aren't starting for a long time. They have plenty of time to put it all together.

As for being "lucky"...how lucky are they that they have lost Wilfork, Mayo and now Vollmer for the season, never mind the M.A.S.H unit of key players that have spent time out of games this year? If that's luck I'd rather wish we weren't so "lucky".

I don't see that amount of luck. We won those games. Against weak opponents it's true, but legitimate victories.

We could be 7-1 without that robbery last week. Being even more optimistic, without that huge rain at the end of the Bengals game, what could have happened? But that's too much.

I just think this team is playing poor football, but no luck at all, just competence to win those games.

And talking about luck, is there any other team in NFL with so many star players falling down? If you look over this point of view we are having a hell of a bad luck that's it.

Injuries are insane this year. Oline is horrid. Brady is either playing hurt or is in decline, because he is playing terrible. Rookies are being baptized by fire. AHern went postal. Welker left for whatever his tiff was. Gronk was out for a fortnight.

The Pats are lucky (both good and bad actually), it is as simple as that.

I like this way of thinking. We're 6-2 while Brady and the receivers haven't played well at all. So, the sky's the limit. Just wait until the offense is playing better later in the year!

Its actually a great thing that they are winning without Brady playing well. Right now they don't look good enough to win in the playoffs but the playoffs aren't starting for a long time. They have plenty of time to put it all together.

As for being "lucky"...how lucky are they that they have lost Wilfork, Mayo and now Vollmer for the season, never mind the M.A.S.H unit of key players that have spent time out of games this year? If that's luck I'd rather wish we weren't so "lucky".

Are the Broncos good, or lucky? They needed a Romo turnover to beat Dallas, and a Redskins meltdown (38 points rather than 27 for the Pats against Miami) to turn today's game around. They could be 5-3, not 7-1.

Is Seattle lucky or good? Both The Panthers were in a position to win the first game, and the Texans choked that game away. They could be 5-3, not 7-1.

Bolded for my two pennies...

Wouldn't be the first time a team gets through the playoffs based on luck.

Yep. I guess I would be very happy with a superbowl win like 2001. Doesn't look very pretty though.

The 2013 Patriots are a lot like the 2012 Falcons. Not nearly as good as their record. No one believed in them either

Pats will get to the playoffs... but just pray they don't draw the Broncos or the Chiefs

We have the WORST 6-2 team in the history of the NFL according to most media pundits! We're doing it with smoke and mirrors. LOL. Let the disrespect continue, I'll take the wins any day!!

We have the WORST 6-2 team in the history of the NFL according to most media pundits! We're doing it with smoke and mirrors. LOL. Let the disrespect continue, I'll take the wins any day!!
The Patriots have become a victim of past offensive success. The problem is people are so used to the Patriots destroying teams with fantasy numbers that they've overlooked how well the D has played this season, even with key injuries.

I couldn't give a stuff about the stats sheet. I care about the win loss record and the intestinal fortitude this team is developing. No other team in the NFL could sustain the amount of injuries the Patriots have and continue to win.

2013 is demonstrating just how good the Patriots coaches and system are. We're a lucky fan base to sit through a struggling offense and a D decimated by injuries that continues to win.

When Grogs was QB this would have been the highlight of our season, a score like this...heh...tough crowd

The 2013 Patriots are a lot like the 2012 Falcons. Not nearly as good as their record. No one believed in them either

Pats will get to the playoffs... but just pray they don't draw the Broncos or the Chiefs

And the Broncos and Chiefs are that good? The meat of the Chiefs schedule starts after the Bills game (2X Broncos, 2X Chargers, and Indy). Find a good team this year on their schedule, and then call them good. The Broncos should have lost to the Cowboys, and did pretty much what the Pats did today against the hopeless Redskins. The Chiefs are untested (except they duked it out with the Browns and Boys, which is not a badge of honor), and the Broncos have not proved to be invincible.

Well, I'd say the bad call games even out as we got some breaks yesterday.

And if you look at Atlanta, they've really been burned by the injury bug as well. But look at how they've dealt with it - they're getting blown out by not so great teams in their division and are 2-6. Whereas the Patriots continue to follow the "next man up" philosophy and actually implement it, and tough out games they probably should lose by being clutch at the key moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST