PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Brady and his no-good, 6-2 Pats march on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Belichick values Arrington more than you do as an outside corner as well as a nickel. For me, I think that we don't value the nickel back enough. After all, that position plays more than many starters.

We think that Belichick could certainly have done better than Arrington for $4M a year. Clearly, Belichick evaluated the situation differently.

I don't think that Belichick had any intention of starting rookies. If he didn't sign Talib and Arrington, two other veterans would have been signed. One rookie corner is plenty.

Is Arrington's injury significant? I haven't heard anything myself.

On another note, Arrington should thank his lucky stars for that 4 million dollar AAV deal. That tells me one of three things:

1. Belichick feels that the market for CBs was off a bit and/or it will rise once again, and that 4 million will be a fair amount for a nickle CB who can start outside in a pinch (with major dropoff in my opinion)

2. Belichick was unsure about the prospects of bringing back Talib and did not want to gamble by needing to start rookies at both outside CB and nickle CB positions with losing both Talib and Arrington

3. Belichick just feels that Arrington's value and talent are worthy of a starter's salary, thus in the range of some of this free agent classes top percentage of CBs. He obviously feels (or felt) that Arrington could start on the outside without too much drawback, because that isn't a nickle CB's pact

Naysaying - I think it's the right of any fan to question why this team's offense went from one of the best in the NFL to one of the worst in one off-season.

Booing - Once again I respect the right of the fan. If the players don't want to hear boos then don't throw a pick 6 or fumble inside the red zone. The fans pay the freight.

1) They let their best receiver walk over a salary dispute.

2) Injuries

3) A murder charge

As for the booing, i can understand it if a team consistently sucks, but this team is leading the division and clearly trying to battle through adversity, the booing is crap and demonstrates just how lame and fickle this fanbase is. On the bright side it also demonstrates that they are capable of making noise if they want to, they just don't want to do it in any way that helps this team. As home fan advantages go the Patriots have the worst fans in football. They suck, they might as well stay at home and make tea and watch the game with their pinkies held high in the air.

2 teams have set fan noise records this season, the Patriots should contact Guiness and ask if they can set one for silence.

I think that Belichick values Arrington more than you do as an outside corner as well as a nickel. For me, I think that we don't value the nickel back enough. After all, that position plays more than many starters.

We think that Belichick could certainly have done better than Arrington for $4M a year. Clearly, Belichick evaluated the situation differently.

I don't think that Belichick had any intention of starting rookies. If he didn't sign Talib and Arrington, two other veterans would have been signed. One rookie corner is plenty.

Arrington is alot like McCourty in that he excels inside but is nowhere near as good on the outside. Arrington has had a really good year and imo the criticism of him is based upon getting beat in past seasons and the fact that he was paid much more than his critics ever expected or wanted him to be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST