PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crowd Noise at Gillette vs Bengals was Legit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start a single fan drone delivery service...you park a mile away...strap in...the drone drops you off on a pad right next to the main entrance.Game over, hundreds of drones ferry fans to their cars so they get the eff outta there without waiting 2 hours.

Sign me up.

And by the way, you can "like" my post about concrete in my beer all you want but you owe me a brew.

So this pretty much means the end of the "acoustics" excuse. I'm not going to proffer any congratulations. You shouldn't get congratulated for something you should be doing every game.
At the game last night I was thinking, "Damn, this place would be positively earsplitting if not for the poor acoustics!"

I was thinking something similar.
Enclosed stadiums that are even only half full can still get pretty loud. Put our crowd from last night in Arrowhead or Seattle and you've got yet another "decibel record." It really is about the building.

well, I was quite sedate...like a church mouse. Very intimidated by all those Danish tourists...:eek:

I thought that was the best performance by a Patriots crowd in a long long time. Like the rest of the fans they have taken them for granted for a long time and apparently have been woken up by their poor performance so far this season.

I agree! Not a dome, but get rid of the lighthouse/bridge and wrap the stands around both sides. Heck, if Kraft wants a pub to go in there, keep the endzone seats where they are, raise the jumbrotron and put the pub in underneath it!! Or just move MacDonalds or whatever the hell is there now.

As I've said before, I'm OK with a dome . . . if they can find a way to make it snow inside the dome every game. :D

As I've said before, I'm OK with a dome . . . if they can find a way to make it snow inside the dome every game. :D
They don't need a dome. Just close off the gaping breezeway in the north end zone and those four useless "skylights." That's easily another 12k seats right there, bringing the season-ticket waiting list to near zero. And I swear, if they gut the south end zone seats for that ridiculous lounge idea, it's going to really hurt the game-day atmosphere.

At the game last night I was thinking, "Damn, this place would be positively earsplitting if not for the poor acoustics!"

Same here...but prime time games are always pretty loud. It will be loud for Denver game. My throat finally doesn't hurt anymore!

Same here...but prime time games are always pretty loud. It will be loud for Denver game. My throat finally doesn't hurt anymore!
I hope it's just as loud for the Jets game.

I hope it's just as loud for the Jets game.

I agree. I am in 218 that game. I think it will be..even though the jets will be 1-5 going into that game and they do suck...i still hate them more then anything so i will be bringing it yet again. No voice again that friday!

They don't need a dome. Just close off the gaping breezeway in the north end zone and those four useless "skylights." That's easily another 12k seats right there, bringing the season-ticket waiting list to near zero. And I swear, if they gut the south end zone seats for that ridiculous lounge idea, it's going to really hurt the game-day atmosphere.
But you know it will happen. All about where they can make the most $$ and it's with that.

It will suck a lot but nothing I can do about it.

It will be
because I'll also be at that game too

The sound may be raucous laughter though

Maybe the crowd will chant Geno! Geno! Geno! You know. Because he's so darn good it's scary.

It will be
because I'll also be at that game too

The sound may be raucous laughter though
When the Jets' offense is in the huddle, they ought to play this over the PA:

I was in sec. 224. The crowd was passionate, loud and enthusiastic but not a very experienced bunch. They were often as loud when we were snapping the ball as when Cincy was.

I want to start a single fan drone delivery service...you park a mile away...strap in...the drone drops you off on a pad right next to the main entrance.Game over, hundreds of drones ferry fans to their cars so they get the eff outta there without waiting 2 hours.
Joker - you could buy the team from Kraft if you were able to come up with this!! Not that I am defending my fellow season ticket holders, but as I sat there in the parking lot at 1:15 am, having moved about 1 car length in the past hour, the only thing I could think was, "Crap. Another night game in less than two weeks." Wish we could get a season of 1:00 pm Sunday starts...

Joker - you could buy the team from Kraft if you were able to come up with this!! Not that I am defending my fellow season ticket holders, but as I sat there in the parking lot at 1:15 am, having moved about 1 car length in the past hour, the only thing I could think was, "Crap. Another night game in less than two weeks." Wish we could get a season of 1:00 pm Sunday starts...
Careful what you wish for.

The acoustics are simply an excuse. They never have been. The Jets game in 2010 and the Bengals game Sunday night are examples of why that's the case. The difference is the wine and cheese crowd. Earlier in the week, Brady wasn't talking about the acoustics when he mentioned the crowd. I'm sure you're a good fan and you and Joker scream your lungs out whenever you're there but the Gillette crowd sucks a fat **** from time to time when it comes to actually lending positive support to the team.

The big question is where that measurement is taken.

One scary fact that makes me question the way those were measured: since the decibel scale is a logarithmic scale, not a linear one, the difference between 115 dB and 142 dB isn't ~25%.

A 142-dB sound is 500 times more intense than a 115-dB sound. :eek:

And I think the threshold of pain is something around 137 decibels (but I imagine that has plenty of environmental variables). So 142 was must have been literally painful for some folks. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News