PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crowd Noise at Gillette vs Bengals was Legit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The acoustics are simply an excuse. They never have been. The Jets game in 2010 and the Bengals game Sunday night are examples of why that's the case. The difference is the wine and cheese crowd. Earlier in the week, Brady wasn't talking about the acoustics when he mentioned the crowd. I'm sure you're a good fan and you and Joker scream your lungs out whenever you're there but the Gillette crowd sucks a fat **** from time to time when it comes to actually lending positive support to the team.
I wouldn't expect Brady to criticize the acoustics of Gillette because that problem is obvious to all, including myself, who has attended every single regular-season and playoff game there since the building opened.

Thank you thank you thank you crowd tonight. That BRADY BRADY BRADY chant gave me chills and really showed the mediodts what we think of our QB.

that was just awesome

I wouldn't expect Brady to criticize the acoustics of Gillette because that problem is obvious to all, including myself, who has attended every single regular-season and playoff game there since the building opened.
This retort doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Tune. You think Brady would rather say that the crowd pretty much sucks sometimes instead of saying the acoustics are the issue? Just let it go, man. If you're screaming, that's great. But it's a fact that not everybody else does on a consistent basis. We all saw and heard the difference on Sunday night and the acoustics didn't suddenly get better. The crowd did.

Well, I picked a wonderful game to attend for my first one! Sat up in 108 and it was loud, and we took part in the Brady chants. My voice still is wonky this morning. I had an incredible 4 day trip to Boston and Gillette. Looking forward to many more!

This retort doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Tune. You think Brady would rather say that the crowd pretty much sucks sometimes instead of saying the acoustics are the issue? Just let it go, man. If you're screaming, that's great. But it's a fact that not everybody else does on a consistent basis. We all saw and heard the difference on Sunday night and the acoustics didn't suddenly get better. The crowd did.
If you attended the damn games instead of experiencing them vicariously through your television set in Florida, you'd know what I'm talking about. It's a matter of degree: the Gillette crowd would sound loud ANY day in an enclosed stadium and even LOUDER during games like Sunday's. Somehow you've managed to convinced yourself that the Patriots crowd is completely different from the 31 other fan bases, and it just isn't true. My experience includes not only Gillette but 15 other NFL stadiums. I know of which I speak. ;)

If you attended the damn games instead of experiencing them vicariously through your television set in Florida, you'd know what I'm talking about. It's a matter of degree: the Gillette crowd would sound loud ANY day in an enclosed stadium and even LOUDER during games like Sunday's.

1. I've attended several games at Gillette. The crowd is quieter some times than it was others. What I've gathered is that this is an issue with the wine and cheese crowd in the red seats.

2. Apparently sound doesn't travel through television microphones properly in the year 2014?

3. I must have been hallucinating the other night when Dalton covered his ears. Pray tell, man that goes to all the games, when is the last time you saw an opposing QB do that? I know when it was, but I want to see if you do as well. I can give you hint: I've mentioned it in this thread and it was four years ago.

4. Thank you for the suggestion in your first sentence. Maybe one day I can totally uproot my life to go to the Pats games in person to see if the crowd, as a whole, still sucks from time to time.

Somehow you've managed to convinced yourself that the Patriots crowd is completely different from the 31 other fan bases, and it just isn't true.

This is a strawman.

My experience includes not only Gillette but 15 other NFL stadiums. I know of which I speak. ;)

I've been to quite a few of them myself. How they're relevant to the crowd sucking from time to time at Gillette is beyond me. Further, don't just take this up with me, take it up with Brady. But I guess it was easier for him to say the crowd sucks from time to time than to say "the acoustics aren't conducive for crowd noise". Wait, it wasn't easier for him to say that. The acoustics excuse is a massive copout. If you don't think it is, then what do you think happened Sunday night when the crowd suddenly got louder? Do you think they piped in crowd noise?

yeah, uh...YOU logged into this thread and essentially told us to STFU about the noise we made...now YOU are moving the goal posts...let it go

The crowd was jacked. I've never seen or heard the crowd as jacked as it was for the Cinci game. It's been as loud before, really loud before, but Sunday night the intensity of how all things New England felt came thundering through with the crowd as much as it did with our team, and that's no superficial attempt to try to invent a Legion of Boom in New England as a forum fashion statement.

Those Brady chants were intense. They were honestly chilling for an NFL crowd. That was something you would expect for like the best professional wrestling crowd in the country.

The entire country watched the media-week go after Brady like a school of piranhas, and then they saw the Brady we see all year, and that moment and crowd just let everyone know that Cinci had strolled into a buzzsaw, and they weren't getting out alive.

The way Brady came out, the way the team came out, and the way those two drives went down, culminating with that Brady chant, has become one of my all time favorite moments in Professional Football.

You guys were awesome.

Didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it here.

"One Patriots player told me the locker-room atmosphere after last Sunday’s win against the Bengals was one of the best he’s ever been a part of, as every player started chanting “Brady! Brady! Brady!” just as the Gillette Stadium crowd had done at times during the game. That had to mean a lot to the 37-year-old Brady. I believe he’s found it challenging at times to find new ways to connect with younger teammates, but it’s not a stretch to say that connection reached a new level after last week." Quote from unnamed player via Reiss.

Even the players felt last week was a next level atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes