PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Denver game be flexed to Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when is the deadline? Is it safe to say that since we have not heard anything yet that the game will remain a 4:15 game?

After all, the Colts-Pats game being flexed OUT was announced weeks in advance.

All they said was sometime today. At one point yesterday it was being said that the announcement could be made as late as midnight, so in theory the latest deadline is still about 11½ hours away.

So when is the deadline? Is it safe to say that since we have not heard anything yet that the game will remain a 4:15 game?

After all, the Colts-Pats game being flexed OUT was announced weeks in advance.

The deadline WAS Tuesday at midnight; but they didn't meet it, which is why the NFL issued a statement explaining the delay. Must be some pretty intense stuff going on. Best I can tell NBC has the right of way here, and it's an NFL decision — but CBS seems to have Kraft on its side. Maybe they're trying to figure out how to reward NBC were it not to take this game, but I don't see what they can give them that would be worthwhile. What a fiasco.

All they said was sometime today. At one point yesterday it was being said that the announcement could be made as late as midnight, so in theory the latest deadline is still about 11½ hours away.

They said TUESDAY midnight and then delayed until Wednesday.

I don't think the delay meant Wednesday midnight.

There must be quite the "Battle Royale of Suits" going on right now behind closed doors.

Last edited:
They said TUESDAY midnight and then delayed until Wednesday.

I don't think the delay meant Wednesday midnight.

There must be quite the "Battle Royale of Suits" going on right now behind closed doors.
Agreed. They must be rolling around on the floor with one another, and I don't mean in a sexual way.

So you are looking forward to seeing the team get home Monday morning (local Eastern time), after a 5-6 hour flight where they lose an extra 3 hours to the time change?

On a short week with a game vs Miami on Saturday (one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now) to prepare for in FIVE days??

On Christmas week, nonetheless???

Patsy...you're killing me dude...no wonder Kraft is arguing against the game being flexed. It makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Eh, 4 hours less over the span of 6 days isn't too much of a hinderance IMO. If that causes us to lose to the Miami Dolphins at home, we probably don't deserve HFA/a bye.

I'd rather be able to watch the game, the biggest of the 2nd half by far.

I hope that they leave it a 4:15!

Eh, 4 hours less over the span of 6 days isn't too much of a hinderance IMO. If that causes us to lose to the Miami Dolphins at home, we probably don't deserve HFA/a bye.

I'd rather be able to watch the game, the biggest of the 2nd half by far.

I know that's the reason that many want the game flexed, and I certainly understand your reasoning, but it would make a lot more sense for the Patriots NOT to want it flexed to primetime.

Those 4 hrs could make a big difference in getting home at 2-3 am, and being able to meet back up at the team facility by late morning; or getting home at 6-7 am and having what will amount to almost a wasted day.

Regardless, I am sure they'll figure it out, but I can definitely see why Kraft is arguing for it not to be moved.

As far as the Dolphins go--they will be a tough out in my opinion. I don't think the team deserves not to have a bye just b/c they lose to them...otherwise that would also be the case in 2004 on Xmas eve too.

just in: Patriots/Broncos will NOT be flexed. complete bull**** :mad:

Shoot! Could've seen a new interview with Brady and Costas. Guess, Bobby Kraft has got the power.

Poor NBC.

just in: Patriots/Broncos will NOT be flexed. complete bull**** :mad:

This just in: It's not all about you...:D

Better for the team equals better for the fans of the team...

Well hopefully I at least get it on TV.

We usually get the Denver games, so I'll cross my fingers.

This just in: It's not all about you...:D

Better for the team equals better for the fans of the team...

I'm surprised at some of these reactions just b/c some fans "want to watch the game."

Wait...no I'm not!!

We win...and the game stays at 4:15.

The NFL makes some teams play on Sunday, and again on Thursday and some of you choose to whine on behalf of the team because of 4 hours.

:rolleyes:

I don't see how wanting to be able to watch the game is silly.

4 hours shouldn't make too much of a difference. But hey, it should still be a very good game.

Well hopefully I at least get it on TV.

We usually get the Denver games, so I'll cross my fingers.

You'll get to see it, but people in New York and Philadelphia won't because the Jets-Eagles game is on at the same time on CBS.

I'm sure those two markets being blacked out of the Pats-Broncos game was part of the discussion.

One indirect winner of this decision is DirecTV. It'll be a future selling point to both residential customers and sports bars in selling the Sunday Ticket in those two areas.

Last edited:
We did win. Patriots can be home Sunday night/early Monday morning barring a blizzard or such.
I believe the NFL lost though.
Will there be blowback ?
Why have protected games ?

NFL: Pats won't be flexed vs. Tebow

Well, there you go. Wonder what NBC gets for playing along (besides a game that should be pretty good in its own right).

Love the BB comment — 100% predictable. Wonder how the reporters decided who gets to ask the question — about next week's game — knowing what the answer will be.

4:15 it is.

Good.

I agree with the posters who rightfully noted the time difference that would have effectively eliminated Monday preparations for a following Saturday game.

Last edited:
Happy about the non change. Gives the team more rest/prep before a TOUGH Dolphins team the next weekend.

Also I won't be frozen during the game and can make it to work on time come Monday.

Go Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference