PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Moss have had any worse of a game??? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Could Moss have had any worse of a game???(merged)

lol, I knew I was gonna see this on here...this was an all around team loss. Moss should have caught them, but give him a break, it wasnt all him.

It was a weird game. Was one of the few games I have seen where everybody...Patriots and some Steelers included...were droping passes and muffling balls left and right...maybe the weather did have an affect...even if that announcer guaranteed that it had nuthin to do with the rain...lol...

Why did they use announcers from Pittsburgh, anyway? :rolleyes:

Not a good day for 18 or 81.

I have yet to see anything from Slater.

Not a good day for 18 or 81.

I have yet to see anything from Slater.

Just for you:

2) Matthew Slater: 'I feel I cost my team the game.' Rookie Matthew Slater, who couldn't handle a third-quarter kickoff that was recovered by the Steelers, didn't avoid the media onslaught. He answered questions about the costly miscue, saying: "There is no excuse for it. You have to field the ball first and I didn't do my job. It's as simple as that ... I'm frustrated. I feel like I cost my team the game."

Post-game nuggets - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

I am one of Moss' biggest support and yet it is still clear to me that he has a lot of dropped passes this season. I would in NO way insinuate that these are a result of lack of effort, though. Even the best wide receivers get plagued with drops sometimes, it's just that Moss is going through a tough stretch right now.

Really, the whole team was horrendous, save Faulk. Moss was bad, but was Moss's "bad" any worse than anyone else's "bad?" Did his drop have a game-turning effect on this game? (And I say "drop" instead of "drops" because, while the ball in the endzone was catchable, it was a bit low and behind him, not a flat drop, IMO). It may have (chaos theory at its finest)... but he's done enough for this team to earn a mulligan, especially when everyone around him was terrible as well...

Randy Moss sucks after Thanksgiving - always has, always will.

As for Matt "We traded UP in the 5th round for him?" Slater, I was right and the FO was wrong, again. The FO needs fresh blood right now, because those who remain are not getting it done.

We've now lost 2 in a row at home for the first time since 2002, the last year in which we did not reach the POs. That trend will continue in 2008.

When I posted the initial thread, I wasn't bashing Moss...I was asking a question...and making a statement, I guess at the same time. I don't know where folks are getting the 1 dropped TD catch, because there was 2. The first one came on the sideline throw from Cassel that he straight up pulled a "Gaffney" and dropped it...there was noone around him. The second one was completely his fault. Why he decided to jump when he was WIDE THE F%$& OPEN is beyond me. Cassel's pass was on the money and by jumping like a high school freshman, he cost the Pats a TD. I am not a Moss hater, but I am going to call it as I see it. Sorry to be the black sheep of Homerville USA, but it is what it is.

moss got mauled twice and the refs swallowed the flag........2 clear PI's that weren't called and they almost DIDN'T throw on the one where he almost caught it with one hand

moss has always had the tendency for ineffectiveness when getting knocked around.......but making the right call on those 2 clear PI's would have changed the way the steelers played him.....the refs basically said 'go ahead, interfere with him'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News