PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could more outstanding play of BJGE possibly be Maroney's ticket out of town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Brady's first start in 2001? Remember what happened to cause him to play? The NFL is replete with players who got a chance to play due to injury and excelled.

I think the discussion ought to be about whether or not BJGE is an effective RB, not the situation that prevailed to give him his start.

I don't see why his accomplishments are diminished because of who played and got hurt before him.

If BJGE was a first round pick and LoMo an UDFA, no one would think twice about BJGE playing better. It's just the old draft prejudice at work.

No. If he was a better player no one would think twice.
I dont care where they were drafted.
The point of that he wouldn't be playing if Maroney wasn't hurt is to illustrate that Maroney was miles ahead of him when camp closed, and so were many other players.
The fact the BJGE HAS TO play does not diminish that he needs to be judged on the same scale. One game and really one half of a game that was good but far from outstanding doesnt vault him as far as people are thinking.

I am not sure that I understand that point of this thread. Maroney will be given every opportunity in camp and in ther preseason to justify reps and his role in the 2009 offense. BJGE will be given the same opportunity.

Perhaps BJGE and Maroney will be our thunder and lightning, sharing the load; and perhaps, not. Faulk and Morris will also be given the same opportunity.

IF Jordan comes back this year, AND he does well, the team may try to re-sign Jordan and give him the same opportunity.

I would hope that Evans is asked to come back at fullback.

The bottom line for the patriots is that we are in absolutely great shape at running back for 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News