PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conference Finals - Bruins vs Lightning

Last edited:
Jesus they are blowing this one....3-1 and 2-2 series up for grabs...HUGE difference between the two :mad:

damn...Kaberle SUCKS!!! WTF!

5 unanswered...wow

Tampa has all the momentum now :bricks:

They came out flat in the second period like they had the game won already. Those two power plays early in the period were awful. I don't even know if they recorded a shot on net between the two of them. That gave Tampa momentum the the B's never got it back. They needed that killer instinct and should have buried them. That said it's tied and they still have home ice.

damn...Kaberle SUCKS!!! WTF!

Does not even look like a hockey player ... totally does not fit our style. Why did we trade for this soft grape?

5 unanswered...wow

Tampa has all the momentum now :bricks:

More like 3 unanswered. The 4th was after play had settled down in the 3rd and the 5th was an empty net. This hardly affects momentum. I figured this would be a 6-7 game series and it's only playing out that way. Tampa is a good team loaded with snipers that can strike fast. If the B's lose at home on Monday then I'm concerned.

More like 3 unanswered. The 4th was after play had settled down in the 3rd and the 5th was an empty net. This hardly affects momentum. I figured this would be a 6-7 game series and it's only playing out that way. Tampa is a good team loaded with snipers that can strike fast. If the B's lose at home on Monday then I'm concerned.

It was 5 unanswered.

Tampa still on fire...

Bruins powerplay..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
sloppy first period of game 5 by the Bruins. Slow, poor puck handling and inexcuseable turnovers.

Horton redeems himself for the penalty with a blast to tie it up in the 2nd.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 5 unanswered.

Not all goals are unanswered goals. TB scored 3 goals within 4 minutes after being down 3 - 0 to the shock of the Bruins' players. The 4th goal wasn't scored until the 3rd period and opportunities for both teams. The 5th goal was an empty-netter.....not exactly unanswered.

Then again, I guess it's how you want to define an unanswered goal. That's just my take.

Last edited:
:DWOW:D

One game from the finals

Can you believe it.

Somebody needs to take Downie's head off....That was such a late, blatant cheap shot that someone needs to do something about that next game....Hopefully the B's can get a big lead in the next game and then exact revenge so it doesn't cost them the game....

16__1306206810_6957.jpg

Tim Thomas great stick save.
Could well be the save of the year ... we will see.

http://youtu.be/4PO2BjVM1ks

Here is the Tim Thomas punch from the other game.
http://youtu.be/4PO2BjVM1ks

Last edited:
That was some save by Thomas. Just one more win to the Stanley Cup!

The weird thing is I feel like we are the Canadians that used to get us every playoffs. We would grind, and grind, and grind and they would capitalize on a mistake we would make.

The Lightning are grinding away ... more talented offensively yet we are pounding them in the neutral zone and waiting for them to make an error ... it's a good strategy to beat this talented team of theirs. We have the better goalie so all else being equal on the ice ... Thomas puts us in the win category.

The weird thing is I feel like we are the Canadians that used to get us every playoffs. We would grind, and grind, and grind and they would capitalize on a mistake we would make.

The Lightning are grinding away ... more talented offensively yet we are pounding them in the neutral zone and waiting for them to make an error ... it's a good strategy to beat this talented team of theirs. We have the better goalie so all else being equal on the ice ... Thomas puts us in the win category.
Nothing like going in with a game plan to beat the team you're playing I say IcyPatriot!

We have the offensive depth, and that's huge. If the Bergeron line can shut down the LeCavalier line, whatever offense we'll get is a bonus...the rest of our lineup is superior to theirs.

I didn't particularly enjoy the way the B's played last night though, as if they thought they were the Red F*ck!ng Army -- pass, hold the puck, pass, look for the perfect shot. 19 shots!?! Not our game.

I also think we should start declining penalties, like in the NFL, since they turn into a team of f*ck!ng ******s every time they have the man advantage -- can't win a faceoff, can't put a pass on the tape, can't beat a defender to the puck, can't keep the puck in the zone...not putting a shot on goal through 2 7/8 power plays, including over a minute of 4-on-3, is hideous.

The great news is they won playing far from their best game. I think Thomas is dialed in now, and I expect them to play a much better game and win game 6 decisively. I was born in '73...and a diehard from '79 or so. This has been a long time coming for me...having the Bruins always good but not quite as good as the Canadiens, then the Islanders, then the Oilers, then the Penguins....I don't think they're as good as the Canucks, either, but I'd love to find out.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back