PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conference Finals - Bruins vs Lightning

I think the coaching is the problem with the power play ... not that they don't know how to coach - just that they are unwilling to commit fully to it.

On the Bruins power play you basically have 3 skaters on the point as opposed to 2. It doesn't quite look that way as it's a semi circle near the blue line. The circle shifts depending on what side the puck is on. On the TV screen it looks like 2 near the face off circles, 1 in front of the net and 2 on the point but it's not that way - it's extremely conservative ... like they are worried about a short handed goal.

Tampa's power play revolves around a central moving player - St. Louis and a box that surrounds him ... the players without the puck are always moving ... all of them. On our power play only 2 guys are moving ... 1 at the point on the puck side and 1 forward on the same side.

Very hard to score a power play goal without movement ... but that's what the coaches must want because though the players change the formation does not change. You can't be worried about short handed goals when you have the advantage ... just my opinion for what it's worth. When the puck goes to the point the shooter sees 2 players and the goalie in his path. With Tampa's system they see 1 player and the goalie in their path ... a huge difference and that's why they shoot more and shoot more quickly. It's easy to stay in the box when your defending our power play ... with 2 low and 3 high there's little reason to gamble out of the box formation.

Come on New England, make it loud down there at the Gardens. I have been a closet Bruins fan for years, and have seen mediocrity out of them for decades.

The Bruins have always been destined to lose?

Let me remind anyone that reads this post...

YouTube - ‪Nike Destiny Force Fate Commercial‬‏

...make it happen boys....

One of the bigger games this franchise has seen in a long long time

One of the bigger games this franchise has seen in a long long time

I think they can and they will do it. Tampa is a great team that can and does score in bunches. 60 minutes of solid hockey ... some lines will be called upon to play more than others tonight.

Recipe:

60 minutes of solid, tight checking hockey.

Stay out of the penalty box.

Play within the system and shoot the damn puck :mad: for a change.

;););)

I think they can and they will do it. Tampa is a great team that can and does score in bunches. 60 minutes of solid hockey ... some lines will be called upon to play more than others tonight.

Recipe:

60 minutes of solid, tight checking hockey.

Stay out of the penalty box.

Play within the system and shoot the damn puck :mad: for a change.

;););)

Haggerty did some research and found out there have been 4 game 7's in the conference finals in the last 10 years, in 3 of those 4 games there were only 3 penalties called the whole game. So suffice to say the refs will probably swallow the whistles tonight unless its blatant, let them decide it on the ice 5 on 5. I like our chances if the games follows that script.

So many good chances....

Seguin, Perverley and marchand getting chances ... we just need one to get through.

.... Goal ....

Last edited:
I may not survive these final 3 minutes ....

stanley cup

here we come

**** yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bring on the canucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time they made the finals!

capt.f5ba004150134104b583e6e2ff778c05-f5ba004150134104b583e6e2ff778c05-0.jpg

capt.28cfdb8b0be846d98ff450c6b6256563-28cfdb8b0be846d98ff450c6b6256563-0.jpg
r678352137.jpg

Last edited:
About time they made the finals!

And IF they win, all 4 current coaches of Boston teams will have won championships with their current team. Has that ever happened before???

Man, why couldn't the Bruins make the Stanley Cup Finals in a year a Canadian team is NOT there.....

Screw it, all in for the Bruins...how can you not love the B's after tonight...way to go Horton.

It's hat and t-shirt day!!

And IF they win, all 4 current coaches of Boston teams will have won championships with their current team. Has that ever happened before???

All i can say is to quote Joe Castiglione - Red Sox announcer.

"Can You believe It"

YES!!! Congratulations BRUINS!!!

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back