PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conference Finals - Bruins vs Lightning

Not Anymore :) And may I say...SEGUIN IS A BEAST!!!!!

He is going to be a special player when he gathers experience with his skills....What a trade and Thank you Toronto....
What in the hell do you say to the Bruins & Seguin's 2nd period there? Sweet Jesus... :p

Doesn't matter if it was their best..they are down 1 after playing an almost perfect period

Wrong. In hockey it does matter. Relentless pressure is like water. Eventually it WILL find a way. Their power play was phucking anemic until now.

Last edited:
Great game and scary game all rolled into one. The Bruins are pushing the puck up more to create more offense - however - they are exposing their solid yet unspectacular in the skating department defenders to a good number of 3 v 2's and the ever changing offense of the Lightning.

The Lightning are a better organized and yet unpredictable offense than the Canadians were. Small, fast and crafty forwards - fun to watch actually except we want them to lose. Unlike the Bruins they rotate the focal skater in the power play which makes it hard to defend. The Bruins have changed their power play a bit by pinching both forwards towards the net a bit which creates some unbalance in the Lightning defense - hard for them to stay in the box without exposing more on the far side of the ice.

It will be interesting to see how Claude deals with game 3. Our defenders need more help yet our offense is really humming right now. Bergeron would have negated a few of their goals - Seguin scored a few which evens that out. What we need is to have Bergy out there as he is a great 2-way player and yet find some time for Seguin on the 3rd line. Right now perhaps Seguin works on the power play some and alternates somehow with Ryder and/or Peverley - cannot take him out right now but the 2nd line is struggling without Bergy also.

Oh well ... some thoughts of mine ... we are good enough to get to the finals which is comforting. I am not sure we can pull it off if we lose Krejci or Bergeron ... let's hope Bergy is in for game 3. I hate to say it but the best move for Claude would be for Bergy to come back and replace Recchi with Seguin and put the Kelly, Peverley, Ryder line back together. It won't happen ... but that would guarantee a cup finals IMO. Recchi was a -2 tonight and Lucic was a non factor. bergeron carries Recchi - hopefully Claude saw that tonight and comes up with a phantom Recchi injury for the next few games.

I thought Boychuk was especially terrible, and Chara had a lot of giveaways. If I was the other team, I'd force Chara to carry the puck and then pressure him every time and sit on the D to D pass.

Boychuk letting Stamkos get that 4th goal is unforgettable, first letting him have the puck, and second letting him back him up.

At least Kaberle played like he cared tonight (Ryder too, after a series vacation)...but sound defense has never been his strength.

Good win tonight, and a necessary one. But I really hope an effective Paddy B comes back for Thursday.

Last edited:
I thought Boychuk was especially terrible, and Chara had a lot of giveaways. If I was the other team, I'd force Chara to carry the puck and then pressure him every time and sit on the D to D pass.

Boychuk letting Stamkos get that 4th goal is unforgettable, first letting him have the puck, and second letting him back him up.

At least Kaberle played like he cared tonight (Ryder too, after a series vacation)...but sound defense has never been his strength.

Good win tonight, and a necessary one. But I really hope an effective Paddy B comes back for Thursday.

Agreed. They were lucky to get a win tonight. Lucky because Seguin was in the lineup. Things will hopefully settle down with the return of Bergeron back to the lineup. His ability to cover both ends of the ice with persistent back/fore checking should help to keep some of TB's snipers in check. The fact that Seguin can match them stride for stride is nice, but Boucher will have an answer for that next time now that he's seen him twice. Unfortunately, if this series continues to be played like this, then I fear TB will win.

Last edited:
Agreed. They were lucky to get a win tonight. Lucky because Seguin was in the lineup. Things will hopefully settle down with the return of Bergeron back to the lineup. His ability to cover both ends of the ice with persistent back/fore checking should help to keep some of TB's snipers in check. The fact that Seguin can match them stride for stride is nice, but Boucher will have an answer for that next time now that he's seen him twice. Unfortunately, if this series continues to be played like this, then I fear TB will win.

I wouldn't characterize it as a "lucky" win. There was a lot of sloppy play, and the Lightning had plenty of chances they didn't capitalize on, but the same goes the other way.

The Bruins don't want to be playing like this, but neither does Tampa.

r3728474170.jpg
r2780109150.jpg
capt.77eb9c281d524bd6b02bd7725f606fd3-77eb9c281d524bd6b02bd7725f606fd3-0.jpg
r2715968280.jpg

Great pics. The only one I would say your missing is of Recchi and the open ice hit he laid on a TB player(Can't remember his name) near the end of the game and the look on Recchi's face. Tough SOB for 43.:rocker:

Big game tonight

With more attention directed at Seguin I am going to predict a big night from Lucic ... just a hunch. The top line is going to go nuts tonight because the Lightening cannot keep 3 lines in check as their defense is not good enough for that.

Great hockey basics game ... extremely tight checking and a nice job by Thomas. Bruins made the adjustment of making extra sure there were no rebounds in front of the net and they always had a checker in the passing lanes.

Overall ... this is the type of hockey that wins it all as it demoralizes the opponent.

Sean Thornton took one for the team ... he was the scratch.

Last edited:
Excellent game.....I really like it with Seguin in there as he brings the energy, youth, speed, extreme talent and surprising smarts for a young player....With Bergeron back and Seguin still playing we are looking to have our best lines possible now....If the bruins can continue to play this style then I see now reason why they can't win it all.....

Excellent game.....I really like it with Seguin in there as he brings the energy, youth, speed, extreme talent and surprising smarts for a young player....With Bergeron back and Seguin still playing we are looking to have our best lines possible now....If the bruins can continue to play this style then I see now reason why they can't win it all.....
Seguin's ice speed is outstanding isn't it. Bruins are playing some great Hockey atm.

The defense was just phenomenal tonight. Chara played like a Norris trophy finalist, Ference had what I thought was his best defensive game maybe ever, Seidenberg put in some huge minutes, McQuaid probably had his best game of the playoffs, Boychuk was much improved. Hell, even Kaberle played well defensively for him.

Just a great, great game, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Krejci back on the ice after taking that shoulder. I thought he was done for the series, at minimum.

The defense was just phenomenal tonight. Chara played like a Norris trophy finalist, Ference had what I thought was his best defensive game maybe ever, Seidenberg put in some huge minutes, McQuaid probably had his best game of the playoffs, Boychuk was much improved. Hell, even Kaberle played well defensively for him.

Just a great, great game, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Krejci back on the ice after taking that shoulder. I thought he was done for the series, at minimum.

The defense did play well, but their job is made that much easier when you have a guy like Bergeron back in there to win the majority of the faceoffs and be all over the ice disrupting Lecavalier and St. Louis in the neutral zone. Then of course, Thomas looked about as good as any other time this year too.:rocker:

Last edited:
High energy game so far ... lots of hitting ... the Lightening will be exhausted gy the 2nd period. ;)

Love that Tim Thomas right blocker punch ... a sure YouTube/Gif to carry us through.

St. Louis is getting molested through the neutral zone ... :rofl:

he's getting poked, pushed, hacked, chipped .... everything except for a hug.

Last edited:

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back