PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conference Finals - Bruins vs Lightning

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay ... Coach has our guys humming ... bring on the Lightning.

wpid-Boston-Bruins-vs-Tampa-Bay-Lightning.jpg

0ee799ec3a_ltpClaude041708.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a long time

Tampa:

7th - Goals per Game
21st - Goals Against.
6th - Power Play
8th - Penalty Kill

Bruins:

5th - Goals per Game
2nd - Goals Against
20th - Power Play
16th - Penalty Kill

What does this mean ... nothing ... I just feel a need to find info. :D

Well ... goals against is not too shabby is it .. :p

Conference Finals for the first in my life......WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:singing::singing::singing:

Tampa:

7th - Goals per Game
21st - Goals Against.
6th - Power Play
8th - Penalty Kill

Bruins:

5th - Goals per Game
2nd - Goals Against
20th - Power Play
16th - Penalty Kill

What does this mean ... nothing ... I just feel a need to find info. :D

Well ... goals against is not too shabby is it .. :p

In the words of the great Bill Belichick, "Stats are for losers" in the NHL playoffs. Your right. The one thing that doesn't matter in playoff hockey as much as any other sport is stats. What really counts is goaltending and attitude.

this should be a great series. The Bruins are on a roll, but Tampa has a great team. This one should be good.

I've noticed the Bruins bandwagon has grown immense over the last couple of weeks (thats great for the Bs and hockey in NewEngland).

I never watched the Bruins unless absolutely nothing was on.

Well, I've promised my friend who is a diehard Bruins fan and a hockey player that if they made the Conference Finals I would watch the games. (How long has it been, 20 years?)

So yes, I can't believe I'm saying this, as for me preference in sport is the Pats and Celtics, all aboard the bandwagon. :rocker:

I've noticed the Bruins bandwagon has grown immense over the last couple of weeks (thats great for the Bs and hockey in NewEngland).

I never watched the Bruins unless absolutely nothing was on.

Well, I've promised my friend who is a diehard Bruins fan and a hockey player that if they made the Conference Finals I would watch the games. (How long has it been, 20 years?)

So yes, I can't believe I'm saying this, as for me preference in sport is the Pats and Celtics, all aboard the bandwagon. :rocker:

i could watch hockey no matter who was playing, it is such a great, entertaining game. Right now, the only Boston team worth watching are the Bruins.

In the words of the great Bill Belichick, "Stats are for losers" in the NHL playoffs. Your right. The one thing that doesn't matter in playoff hockey as much as any other sport is stats. What really counts is goaltending and attitude.

We're going to miss Bergy badly if he's out for more than a game. Those defensive zone faceoffs and defensive coverage against LeCavalier that he normally provides is going to be a huge, huge, factor.

Are the Bruins for real this time?
They usually disappoint.
But they've made it this far so I'm tempted to watch them play.
I've refused to watch Bruins hockey for the longest time because they were the perennial disappointers and their cheapskate owner tended to force management to ship out the best players consistently, year after year.
Maybe making it past the Canadians marks the point where they finally made a case as being real contenders?

Last edited:
Beating the Habs is definitely a benchmark, but they've beaten them several times now in the past 25 years without bearing any fruit. I think this year could be one of their best chances in a long time. The only team I would have huge doubts about is Detroit. But hopefully SJ takes care of them. I haven't felt this good about their chances since Billy Ranford crushed my dream once upon a time in 1990.:bricks:

Last edited:
We're going to miss Bergy badly if he's out for more than a game. Those defensive zone faceoffs and defensive coverage against LeCavalier that he normally provides is going to be a huge, huge, factor.

Absolutely he has been playing great ... 2G and 10A don't tell the story. For at least a few games it may be Kelly going to the 2nd line and Seguin playing on the 3rd line. this won't be bad as kelly has been playing great himself and Tyler may help the power play ... but you don't replace Bergy ... you just don't.

Last edited:
Bump ... that article was awful :eek: ... need to bump it down ;).

Beating the Habs is definitely a benchmark, but they've beaten them several times now in the past 25 years without bearing any fruit. I think this year could be one of their best chances in a long time. The only team I would have huge doubts about is Detroit. But hopefully SJ takes care of them. I haven't felt this good about their chances since Billy Ranford crushed my dream once upon a time in 1990.:bricks:

Ranford and let's not forget the night the lights went out in the Garden. Heartbreaking times back then. Those teams were so good I can't believe they didn't hoist a cup.

Well we lost tonight as we weren't really crisp....The bright spot was Seguin as he played his ass off and showed that he can really play and hopefully they give him more ice time....I also loved the shots that Horton and Lucic gave at the end of the game letting Tampa know that you may have beat us this game but we will punch you in the mouth....Game 2 will be a different story....The bruins need to keep playing physical and punch them in the mouth from the opening puck....

yeah bruins can't even score with 5-3..but they can 5-4!

Last edited:
C'mon. That was the best I've seen their power play all season. Can't help it when Roloson is playing on his head.

Doesn't matter if it was their best..they are down 1 after playing an almost perfect period

Doesn't matter if it was their best..they are down 1 after playing an almost perfect period

Not Anymore :) And may I say...SEGUIN IS A BEAST!!!!!

He is going to be a special player when he gathers experience with his skills....What a trade and Thank you Toronto....

Not Anymore :) And may I say...SEGUIN IS A BEAST!!!!!

He is going to be a special player when he gathers experience with his skills....What a trade and Thank you Toronto....

He looks like the real deal doesnt he? This kid is the next superstar in the making, a Stanley Cup this year would help things along.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back