PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comparing injuries of Maurkice Pouncey and Jay Cutler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So I just heard that Pouncey announced that he should be ready to go for Sunday's superbowl. If he plays in this game, what do you think people are going to say about Cutler? Will it crush his reputation more than it has already been crushed for sitting out in the divisional game?

Pouncey left the game on crutches and was said to be on them all week. I feel like if this guy plays in the superbowl, people will really hate Cutler for what he did. To me, you can't judge what happened simply because people heal differently and take to pain differently.

But will fans care? People will argue that Pouncy's injury looked alot worse hence him on crutches. He couldn't walk on his injury but Cutler could.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: M. Pouncey ...Jay Cutler

Yes there will people stupid enough to compare the injuries of different players with no real knowledge of either situation.

So I just heard that Pouncey announced that he should be ready to go for Sunday's superbowl. If he plays in this game, what do you think people are going to say about Cutler? Will it crush his reputation more than it has already been crushed for sitting out in the divisional game?

Pouncey left the game on crutches and was said to be on them all week. I feel like if this guy plays in the superbowl, people will really hate Cutler for what he did. To me, you can't judge what happened simply because people heal differently and take to pain differently.

But will fans care? People will argue that Pouncy's injurie looked alot worse hence him on crutches. He couldn't walk on his injury but Cutler could.

Yes there will people stupid enough to compare the injuries of different players with no real knowledge of either situation.

Agree. The mediots will definitely harp on this for sure.

But will fans care? People will argue that Pouncy's injurie looked alot worse hence him on crutches. He couldn't walk on his injury but Cutler could.

maybe cutler would be playing in 2 weeks, as pouncy apparently will be (although I doubt pouncey will be playing on a broken ankle). If pouncey stayed in the game with it then it would be comparable, I guess.

If Cutler couldn't plant on his sprained tendon...then he can't be too effective. Don't think bravery or softness enters into the equation.

I know Cutler has gotten a lot of grief for getting hurt and not coming back in the game. My assumption is that the Bear's medical and coaching staff agreed that he was legitimately hurt and could not be effective if he had continued to play. To say he was a "wimp" is while possible, unfounded.

I give Pouncy credit for giving it a go. High ankle sprains are brutal.

someone on ESPN will find a way to blame the Patriots for both players injuries...

someone on ESPN will find a way to blame the Patriots for both players injuries...

I'm laughing but you're probably right:rofl:

But will fans care? People will argue that Pouncy's injury looked alot worse hence him on crutches. He couldn't walk on his injury but Cutler could.

I really never thought of that. You made a great point.

I thought Pouncey sat out the rest of the game too?

Yes there will people stupid enough to compare the different injuries of different players with no real knowledge of either situation.
Corrected*

Yeah but he went out with a fight. Cutler just didn't even seem to try to get into the game. And Pouncey's injury seemed way more extreme.

yeah but it was obvious that he was hurt, he couldn't even put weight on it. He was carried off then came back to the side lines on crutches.

Cutler came out the game and sat there. His injury wasn't as obvious i guess, he looked fine but was said that he was un-returnable to the game. many ppl questioned this, questioned his injury and started questioning his will to play and attitude afterwards.

I also heard that after the loss, some of the Bears went to a restaraunt to eat. Of course they reserved a private section upstairs. Cutler didnt take the elevator up, but instead took the stairs. I highly doubt Pouncy could have tackled a flight of stairs after his injury.

Last edited:

yeah but it was obvious that he was hurt, he couldn't even put weight on it. He was carried off then came back to the side lines on crutches.

Cutler came out the game and sat there. His injury wasn't as obvious i guess, he looked fine but was said that he was un-returnable to the game. many ppl questioned this, questioned his injury and started questioning his will to play and attitude afterwards.

I also heard that after the loss, some of the Bears went to a restaraunt to eat. Of course they reserved a private section upstairs. Cutler didnt take the elevator up, but instead took the stairs. I highly doubt Pouncy could have tackled a flight of stairs after his injury.

cutler is just such a b****.

Cutler's doing the damage to himself. Being seen climbing stairs and walking with little to no limp so quickly after the game is just stupid for P.R. purposes.

I tore my ACL in college and I was able to walk on it, even up and down stairs. I couldn't play hockey because the knee had not nearly the stability to perform hockey moves on skates, but walking around, while sometimes painful and a little scary, was possible. But I had to walk with the leg almost completely straightened out; I called it "flesh peg leg".

What you have here is ignorance proliferated by mediots pandering to a bunch of couch potatoes that probably have never played a sport competitively.

cutler's a *****

that is all

I tore my ACL in college and I was able to walk on it, even up and down stairs. I couldn't play hockey because the knee had not nearly the stability to perform hockey moves on skates, but walking around, while sometimes painful and a little scary, was possible. But I had to walk with the leg almost completely straightened out; I called it "flesh peg leg".

What you have here is ignorance proliferated by mediots pandering to a bunch of couch potatoes that probably have never played a sport competitively.

Given that Rivers was able to play NFL QB with a torn ACL, I'd say that you're being far more unfair towards "mediots pandering to a bunch of couch potatoes..." than the media has been towards Cutler. These things aren't automatics, the way some injuries would be.

Cutler's doing the damage to himself. Being seen climbing stairs and walking with little to no limp so quickly after the game is just stupid for P.R. purposes.

Yup, and a general attitude/demeanor that causes him to not get the benefit of the doubt.
The Yahoo article that accompanied this pic appeared before the game vs Seattle. It indicated Chicago, with a reputation of wanting to love, embrace its guys, had already really rejected Cutler. This was contrasted with NY's desire to stick the thumb in the eye. So for the negativity to pop in Chigcao, is bad sign.
He was sliding down, before the bike riding, bench riding, pout-a-thon.

You know, what kind of a guy can passively sit an watch his team lose a Championship match?
For that matter, any game?

Pouncey is quite the kid, at 21 showing a balls to the wall attitude.
That will work with any fans, but Steeler fans have to love this kids attitude.
That is the perhaps Steeler way, if there is one?
Hope the kid is able to get in the game.
A little standard issue, this is just what I do heroism
can go a long way for a team's attitude.

In contrast to Mr Cutler, who just shows nothing.
It may be unfair to rip him, but just show me something?
It really appears as if he does not care. That is enough to write it in stone.
Maybe he can cry on Oprah before it, and he, are canceled.
"Feelings are hard".

Attachments

• Not Warm, Not Fuzzy Cutler500 1 13.jpg
    Not Warm, Not Fuzzy Cutler500 1 13.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

I would say if there is one group that should know better than to jump to conclusions based on a person's facial expression or 'body language' then it is fans of the Patriots - though that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Given that Rivers was able to play NFL QB with a torn ACL, I'd say that you're being far more unfair towards "mediots pandering to a bunch of couch potatoes..." than the media has been towards Cutler. These things aren't automatics, the way some injuries would be.

They're not, but I guarantee you that Rivers' experience is the exception. He's lucky he didn't end his career.

I knew a guy in rural Canada who walked 6km on a snowy road to get assistance after an accident...with a broken spine. I don't hold everyone to that standard, and though I'm no Cutler fan at all (I've hurled some drunkard jokes myself), people are being very unfair with him on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST