PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy who's quickly becoming one of my binkies, William Beatty of UConn, with a 5.03. He's going to make a lot of money for himself this weekend.

Duke Robinson with a thigh/groin injury during pull drills.

Merideth looks like he'd be a very good OG.

Hah, they kept the feed going on the main channel after they went to break, and Eisen started *****ing out the production crew about not letting him know they were going to break.

Jason Smith looking good in his blocking drill.

Jason Smith looking good in his blocking drill.

Did you see how fast he got out in the kick slide? He beat his man to the spot. He's going to go first overall if the Lions don't end up loving Stafford.

Did you see how fast he got out in the kick slide? He beat his man to the spot. He's going to go first overall if the Lions don't end up loving Stafford.
Depends on how much they love his run blocking potential.

Shipley is squat bald dude. I think he's shaved his head ever since I can recall seeing him play. Believe it or not, he was on a pretty good hs basketball team Moon Twp which made
it to the state championship game. The true round mound of rebound.

What's the feeling on Andre Smith - T - Alabama. Seems like he was very unprepared
for this weekend. I don't see how he can go in top 10-12 now. As he slides towards our pick. Is he someone to trade up for? Most in-season mocks had him as the top prospect in the country regardless of position. If our buddy Nick gives him the thumbs up, do we make a
move on him?

Depends on how much they love his run blocking potential.

They should love it, the guy is just nasty as a run blocker. His flaws there are coachable, mostly with how he'll over-extend at times. If I'm the Lions, I'm on the phone with the Patriots right now, offering the 20 for Cassel and going from there, and planning for Jason Smith at #1. But Smith has been my guy for a long time, so I'm not exactly unbiased.

Shipley is squat bald dude. I think he's shaved his head ever since I can recall seeing him play. Believe it or not, he was on a pretty good hs basketball team Moon Twp which made
it to the state championship game. The true round mound of rebound.

What's the feeling on Andre Smith - T - Alabama. Seems like he was very unprepared
for this weekend. I don't see how he can go in top 10-12 now. As he slides towards our pick. Is he someone to trade up for? Most in-season mocks had him as the top prospect in the country regardless of position. If our buddy Nick gives him the thumbs up, do we make a
move on him?

No thanks. I've said it before, he's a guard playing tackle, I don't have any interest in him. If the Patriots want a tackle, they should try and move up for a guy like Monroe or Oher (though I don't like what I've seen out of Oher thus far at the combine), or wait and grab William Beatty.

Jason Smith just aced the mirror drill to my eyes. Very nice performance there.

Merideth looks like he'd be a very good OG.

Looks are deceiving. He's definitely athletic, but he got benched during the season so there may be some motivation issues.

Looks are deceiving. He's definitely athletic, but he got benched during the season so there may be some motivation issues.
Yup, due diligence is called for.

Murtha's hip flip drill was really stiff.

Parrish is struggling with the hip flip drills. Merideth was good looking in his.

Unger had a nice hip flip.

Valdez looked good for a kid built like he is.

Damn it, put the camera on the players you morons!

Last edited:
Really liking what I'm seeing from Jason Watkins out of Florida. I had him going to the Pats in the 3rd in that earlier mock thread based on the CBS rankings. He's clearly very athletic, and had a nice set of drills today. If you're watching the jumping tests, look for number 57, I bet he has one of the better numbers there today.

No mention of Xavier Fulton? I had him penned as a day two flier.

No mention of Xavier Fulton? I had him penned as a day two flier.
He was one of the faster 40s, I'm not that high on him, but for Day Two he's decent.

Jason Smith solidifying himself as the #1 tackle imo. He put up 33 reps. Now how does he fare in the drills?

Kudos to Adam Schefter for following up on the Andre Smith story and coming back on with Carrah (sp?) Henderson to provide an explanation and give the kid some cover. Whether Smith deserves all the attacks or is just being your usual 21 year old knucklehead, I'm loving me some Schefter being a stand-up guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes