PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts fear our run offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Colts fear our run offense, so now they go and get McFarland.

McFarland can move, so he might be able to handle Maroney. But a few shots of Dillon up the middle should be fine.

mesoslo said:

McFarland can move, so he might be able to handle Maroney. But a few shots of Dillon up the middle should be fine.
One on one, Booger will flatten Maroney or Dillon like a steamroller. That's what offensive lines are for. Fortunately for us, ours has been pretty good at opening up holes and since he isn't going to have long to learn this system, I don't see him being much of a factor in the game.

Last edited:
From what I read of Buc fans, Booger won't help much. The Colts D stinks and their O can't run. No SHOT at the Super Bowl.

I might be wrong here, but I thought Booger was more of a pass rusher than a run stopper anyway.

mesoslo said:

Go ahead and think that if it makes you feel better, but the Pats are just one team on the schedule. I think the move had less to do with the Pats and their running game and a lot to do with the fact that the Colts were worried about all 11 games remaining on the schedule and stopping the run of each one of those teams.

Colt's haven't given us a 2nd thought yet. Their too busy trying to stop the rest of the NFL from running for over 3000 yards against them for the season.

Patriot Missile said:
Colt's haven't given us a 2nd thought yet. Their too busy trying to stop the rest of the NFL from running for over 3000 yards against them for the season.

Exactly,

When a team like the titans puts up over 80 rushing yards on you on the first drive alone, they are looking no further then stopping the next team on the schedules running game.

The Pats can run the ball, but so can plenty of other teams

workhorse said:
Go ahead and think that if it makes you feel better, but the Pats are just one team on the schedule. I think the move had less to do with the Pats and their running game and a lot to do with the fact that the Colts were worried about all 11 games remaining on the schedule and stopping the run of each one of those teams.

What he said!

Yeah, because every move the Colts make is about the Patriots :rolleyes:

workhorse said:

Polian is obsessed with the Pats. I think every second of the day he thinks of them. This is based on, other than last years game, the Pats owning the Colts, and for the most part, the Pats preventing the Colts from making it to the Super Bowl.

I thought the Colts feared every team's rushing game.....

Willie55 said:
Polian is obsessed with the Pats. I think every second of the day he thinks of them. This is based on, other than last years game, the Pats owning the Colts, and for the most part, the Pats preventing the Colts from making it to the Super Bowl.

Polian is obsessed with creating every "edge" for his team. Instead of getting good tough players who will stay the course and win, he whines and complains about things like opponents' field conditions, unfair application of the rules to his team (the Pats & pass interference in 2003; the Jets and the no-huddle this year),and the scalping laws in Indiana which allowed Steelers fans to get lots of tickets to last year's playoff game (he never did explain why Indy fans couldn't have purchased the tickets from the scalpers). Then when his wimpy, whiny team created in his own image falters again, he already has the excuse, particularly in his own mind. The guy really seems to have a screw loose. That's okay though, because in the minds of tough NFL teams the Colts are a hated bunch of whiny wimps to be pounded into the ground come play-off time. Keep it up, Billy Boy.

The Colts did not get Booger just for the Patriots. Ego much? They have 10 other teams to worry about as well. They are just trying to stop the leaks in their defense. He won't fix the run defense but he can probably help a bit.

Now as far as Polian goes I expect to hear a news report one day about a guy who went ballistic in a grocery store and tried to kill everyone with a shotgun.

I think he is more worried about his defense stopping Clinton Portis this Sunday. Next week he will be worried about Tatum Bell and then he will worry about Dillon and Maroney.

I do have to say that is enjoyable knowing that under Polian the Pats are to the Colts, what the NFC was to the Bills. :D

workhorse said:

Considering how much time Polian spends thinking about NE, it's hard to believe (Although I agree that with Indy's run defense, anyone could run on them).

This thread is like saying the PATRIOTS FEAR PEYTON MANNING because they signed a defensive back after losing Randall Gay for the year.

It's dumb.

Do I even want to know why that guy is nicknamed "Booger"?

McFarland is a pass rusher, not a run stopper. He is also in his 30's and his production has diminished over the years. It is not a big upgrade to say the least. Ask any Buc fans. This wont get the Colts any closer to the SB.

LasVegasPatsFan said:
McFarland is a pass rusher, not a run stopper. He is also in his 30's and his production has diminished over the years. It is not a big upgrade to say the least. Ask any Buc fans. This wont get the Colts any closer to the SB.

He's 29 years old. If he's in his 30's, than im barely legal. Get the facts before you spout off. :)

Colts can run the football.

2005: ypc 3.7 (avg)
2006: ypc 3.8 (avg)

2005: ypg 101.5 (avg)
2006: ypg 111.4 (avg)

2005: 25.0 carries per game (avg)
2006: 27.6 carries per game (avg)

nfl.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3