PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts fear our run offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie55 said:
Polian is obsessed with the Pats. I think every second of the day he thinks of them. This is based on, other than last years game, the Pats owning the Colts, and for the most part, the Pats preventing the Colts from making it to the Super Bowl.

* Wouldn't this mean BBioli are obsessed with the Bronco's?

The Colts are one of the few teams that make a valuable addition to the their defense during the last week, and we think it is all about the Patriots.

It think that what is important is that a 5-0 team, one of our rivals, just got stronger.

mgteich said:
The Colts are one of the few teams that make a valuable addition to the their defense during the last week, and we think it is all about the Patriots.

It think that what is important is that a 5-0 team, one of our rivals, just got stronger.

They may have gotten stronger in the run D area (I doubt it), but that is like saying a guy who could bench 135 took a supplement and can now bench 155. Doesn't exactly make him strong, does it?

Bella*chick said:
Do I even want to know why that guy is nicknamed "Booger"?

It's a childhood nickname that his grandma gave him and he stills goes by it.

workhorse said:

Oh, okay, that's not so bad.

One wonders why she thought it was fitting, however.

Bella*chick said:
Oh, okay, that's not so bad.

One wonders why she thought it was fitting, however.

I'm hoping it's because he was a little booger and not that he liked them. The fact that he still goes by it and actually doesn't answer to Anthony would make you think it's the former.

I don't think he's primarily a pass rusher. He's a tackle in a four man line.

I imagine he's about run stopping at least as much as pass rushing.

And the Pats drafted Maroney so he wouldn't go to the Colts. LOL. No, the Colts made that move because they couldn't stop a high school running back from going over 100 yards. They felt they could improve their team by trading for a guy fimiliar with their system. The move can't hurt, just wait when Simon returns. By the way, if the Colts fear the Pats running game, the Pats D should fear Manning, Wayne and Harrison. The Colts kicked the crap out the Pats in Gillette.40-21 Loss

THEARCHIVES said:
The move can't hurt, just wait when Simon returns.

You mean, wait until next year? That's a familiar Colts mantra.

workhorse said:

Looks like the stuff I first read was wrong, the nickname came from his mom, not his grandma.

Can you stop brady? no

you can only hope to contain him.

Can you out coach BB and hope he has a bad day coaching his defense? no

Can you stop a rookie running back who has not really proven himself through years of NFL dominace? yes

So why dont we play on that and strengthen our defense.

They know other teams dont have peyton manning, but they also know, that teams that cant stop the run will not win a super bowl.

Sure, a lot of teams have a running game, but the patriots have a running game a passing game and a coaching game.

The colts know that if they are the last team standing in the AFC, they have a really really really good chance of winning the superbowl.

The key to the colts winning a super bowl is having a good run defense. They dont need to dominate, why? because they have peyton, but they still need a good run defense.

EDIT: oh yeah we dont have one good running back we have 2 good running backs.

Last edited:
The key to the colts winning a super bowl is having a good run defense. They dont need to dominate, why? because they have peyton, but they still need a good run defense.

So the colts went on to win the superbowl thanks to their run defense in the playoffs.

Now the Super Bowl Champions are eliminated, and the chargers are mediocore at stopping the run I think the patriots have this superbowl locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes