PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Football Star Michael Sam Says He Is Gay; May Become First Publicly G...

And that has nothing to do with this at all.

When Priests Stop raping, sodomizing little boys talk to me. They haven't stopped and new allegations and convictions are happening all the time.

Those you mention are all terrible and atrocious things and should never be forgiven or forgotten.

Neither should the thousands of lives ruined by Catholic priests. Or the millions upon millions of lives lost in the name of the Church and God.

I see , so you want God to stop people from having free will when they decide to follow him? The church has over a billion people in it and like all institutions (I repeat.....ALL), they have some bad apples.

God isnt going to abandon his church because of some bad apples and he certainly isn't going to abandon his promise to his church.

Millions upon millions of lives......help me out with that one.

I'm tired of these gays, trying to force and shove this gay BS down our throats. Trying to compare themselves not having rights to Blacks in the day. Nobody black chose to be black, they were born that way... they didn't bring themselves here to be sold and beaten, the owners did. These punks chose to be gay and chose to live with their rights or lack thereof and should continue to do so. I won't accept it, never will. However, I will tolerate them and befriend them.

Jesus dude, take some responsibility. What you let people stuff down your throat is your responsibility. I know that no-one is shoving anything down my throat without my permission so I don't really understand why you let them?

Maybe if you JUST SAY NOthe gays will stop using your throat as their pleasure palace?

BTW-That is the most ironic screen name ever, unless of course you change it to LIVIN, LOVIN, GAGGING BRADY

oh really.....well I guess you'll discount the authority of the USA because of slavery? Segregation? Japanese-American citizens concentration camps? Forced sterlization?

I would discount the authority of the USA on Civil Rights issues in the 1800s when it supported legal slavery, and again during segregation. Thankfully as a country we realized we were wrong, and corrected those issues.

Japanese Americans were in interment camps, not concentration camps, and it was done during a war with Japan, so I'm not sure morality is the central issue to that misstep.

When has the US forced sterilization? You lost me there.

I would discount the authority of the Catholic church to demonize homosexuals while doing little if anything to stop the raping of children by their members.

Jesus dude, take some responsibility. What you let people stuff down your throat is your responsibility. I know that no-one is shoving anything down my throat without my permission so I don't really understand why you let them?

Maybe if you JUST SAY NOthe gays will stop using your throat as their pleasure palace?

I think, God I hope, that was satire.

Good for him! But this may has a negative impact on his draft status. Jason Collins of the NBA should be on an NBA roster, he is good enough to be on someones roster this season yet he isn't. Many attribute that situation because he came out as gay during the off-season.

The only thing he is good at is hammering people when they get into the paint. Jason Collins is an awful, awful NBA player.

I guarantee if Lebron James came out and was a free agent teams would be doing everything in their power to sign him.

I would discount the authority of the USA on Civil Rights issues in the 1800s when it supported legal slavery, and again during segregation. Thankfully as a country we realized we were wrong, and corrected those issues.

Japanese Americans were in interment camps, not concentration camps, and it was done during a war with Japan, so I'm not sure morality is the central issue to that misstep.

When has the US forced sterilization? You lost me there.

I would discount the authority of the Catholic church to demonize homosexuals while doing little if anything to stop the raping of children by their members.

*Correction-Their employees members

I see , so you want God to stop people from having free will when they decide to follow him? The church has over a billion people in it and like all institutions (I repeat.....ALL), they have some bad apples.

God isnt going to abandon his church because of some bad apples and he certainly isn't going to abandon his promise to his church.

Are you saying the Jewish, Muslim, Protestant, Episcopalean, etc, etc churches are not God's church?

And just what perspective could justify turning out two women to be raped, knowingly and deliberately?

The perspective that says anything good is fact and anything bad isn't really what it sounds like.

The Roman Catholic church teaches that heterosexual sex is for procreation. So therefore heterosexual sex NOT for procreation is as wrong as homosexual sex. You chose to couch that in rhetoric.

Actually the Roman Catholic does not teach that sex is purely "for" procreation. It teaches that the sex act must be "open" to procreation. The sex act is also "unitive" in nature between the married couple having sex.

The only thing he is good at is hammering people...

I thought you were going somewhere COMPLETELY different with that. :eek:

Actually, if you understood the nature of the church then you would understand that she is the final authority on doctrine through the office of the Magisterium. The actions (positive or negative) of the members of the church do not reflect on her authority to teach as this authority is a gift from God and not a by product of the morality of the individuals of the church.

The Magisterium is well documented in both the scriptures and the oral teachigs of the church.

The teaching on homosexuality is firmly grounded in the Ordinary and Universal Magisterium and has been taught since the time of the Apostles.

The Magisterium is a Catholic function and philosophy (pertaining to the pope being vested with that authority), and so is not a term that can really be applied to anything outside of Catholicism, never mind trying to characterize it as "final authority" or more ridiculously, "a gift from God." It is a human invention as much as "royalty" is.

Paul was talking about pederasty because thats how they saw homosexuality at that time. In fact, we don't even see a written account of the term "homosexual" until the 19th century. Clearly the church condemned homosexual acts and pederasty since the very beginning. I can show church father after church father condemning it in the strongest terms. I'm not sure how you can see these condemnations and come to any other conclusion. Can you show me any early Church fathers that accept homosexual acts as moral? You won't find a single one. What does that tell you?

These condemnations come from human beings, not God. Their words are not infallible to me. These "church fathers" were no more human than you and me, and the only difference is that they held their "authority" to be indisputable, thus allowing them to get away with so much over the centuries, child abuse notwithstanding.

You are wrong in that pederasty meant homosexuality "back then." All you have to do is look up the semantics of the specific word Paul used, and you will see it has absolutely nothing to do with homosexual relationships. Paul could have used any of the other 9 words at the time, yet he used that specific one.

I am not confusing the bible with the church. I understand both very well. I understand that the Bible is one part of Revelation along with the Oral teaching of the church and that the church has been given the gift of the Magisterium to interpret both.

"The church" is not an infallible authority. That is an insult to the other major religions, including Judaism, Islamism, Buddhism, etc. The "church" of which you speak of, is just a religion with a certain point of view, amongst many other religions of the world. To speak of it as having been "given the gift of the Magisterium" is to engage in ethnocentric thinking. It is then not so surprising that a great deal of wars in the history of humankind, were waged based on these false principles.

I am sure God just told Cardinal Law to ship the Pedophile priests to other dioceses, that'll cure them. And then God promoted Cardinal Law to Rome because he did such a good job........................

30 years War is a good start on Millions of lives lost in the name of God.

Witchcraft hunts any where from 40-60K lives

I believe in what I believe. But just like people don't like gay issues being forced. I hate people spewing the word of God at me for not believing in God.

Are you saying the Jewish, Muslim, Protestant, Episcopalean, etc, etc churches are not God's church?

I'm saying that not all churches are created equally. Since they disagree, how can each be from God? Would God set up a church and then set up another church to contradict it?

What the question should be is, which church did God set up?

I believe that God set up the Catholic church through his Son Jesus and gave this church his Holy Spirit and therfore the fullness of truth.

So is it possible for other churches to have truth? Of course, it is....insofar, as that church agrees with the RCC, they will be teaching the truth. If they disagree with a revealed doctrine of the Catholic church, then they teach error.

Moved this thread out of the main forum since it was no longer about football.

Actually the Roman Catholic does not teach that sex is purely "for" procreation. It teaches that the sex act must be "open" to procreation. The sex act is also "unitive" in nature between the married couple having sex.

I believe you are wrong but it isn't really that relevant.
It is equally instructive to say that heterosexual sex outside of marriage is as forbidden as homosexual sex.

So any unacceptability toward gays would also go toward any straight unmarried person who commits the morally indignant act of having sex with someone of the opposite sex that they are not married to?

30 years War is a good start on Millions of lives lost in the name of God.

Witchcraft hunts any where from 40-60K lives

I believe in what I believe. But just like people don't like gay issues being forced. I hate people spewing the word of God at me for not believing in God.

You're going to blame the thirty years war on the Catholic church?? Really?...lol. Well good luck with that one.

I'm pretty sure I'm not "spewing" anything. I am discussing it...rationally and without emotion on a message board which you are free to read or not to read. I'm pretty sure that isn't considered spewing.

Done with this thread. Gonna go Sin it up and drink with some of my gay friends. Then come home to my wife and have sex for non pro-creation purposes.

I believe that God set up the Catholic church through his Son Jesus and gave this church his Holy Spirit and therefore the fullness of truth.

So is it possible for other churches to have truth? Of course, it is....insofar, as that church agrees with the RCC, they will be teaching the truth. If they disagree with a revealed doctrine of the Catholic church, then they teach error.

Oops, I didn't get the memo where it said God told Jesus to create a multi-billion dollar corporation.

I guess then that the religion of Islam, of Judaism, never mind countless others, are then all in error.

I'm saying that not all churches are created equally. Since they disagree, how can each be from God? Would God set up a church and then set up another church to contradict it?
Correct, because PEOPLE set up churches.

What the question should be is, which church did God set up?

I believe that God set up the Catholic church through his Son Jesus and gave this church his Holy Spirit and therfore the fullness of truth.
Wait. Jesus was Jewish.

Are you trying to tell me that Jesus only belongs to Catholics? Really?
The Catholic Church is the true church because it claims to be?

Aren't there significantly more Muslims than Catholics. Wouldn't you think its more likely they are the only ones that are right, if it can only be one?

So is it possible for other churches to have truth? Of course, it is....insofar, as that church agrees with the RCC, they will be teaching the truth.
Wow.

If they disagree with a revealed doctrine of the Catholic church, then they teach error.

Thank you for giving one post that dismisses all objectivity of anything you have to say.
The Catholic church is right and everyone who disagrees with them is wrong.
No wonder the child rapists have been at it for over 100 years and aren't even slowing down.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back