PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis Makes A Better NFL Head Coach Than College Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
USC 55%
Michigan 71%
OSU 55%
WVU 63%
Boise State 65%
Penn state 80%
U Florida 80%
FSU 52%

Thanks again. I haven't done any sort of stuhtistakal analysis, but the limited data in the two lists certainly suggest that while teams with top 5 graduation rates (90% plus) are very competitive in the top 20, they seldom are to be found at the very top in recent years. Also, the lists suggest that teams around 80% can compete at the highest level, but that it gets tough north of there.

Charlie is the PERFECT college coach, and Notre Dame is the perfect venue for him. BTW, I stated this BEFORE he ever was offered the ND job.

Charlie is an excellen teacher, an instructor for younger football players. He is exremely intelligent, and smart.

In addition, he designs fine plays, and schemes, and is a solid innovator. (BTW, I said these same things while he was still with the Pats)
But, on the same token, I dont think he was as well versed on when, and at what situations, to use the plays he had designed for the Pats offense.

And, I truly believe that there werent any NFL teams, at that time, that wanted to hire him as a head coach, thus his realtively few interviews. (1, I believe, with the Bills)

And, his position at Notre Dame is, as he himself has stated, I believe, a DREAM position.

If he leaves ND for an NFL offer, if there is one, I would be very surprised.

But, stranger things have happened.

Considering some of the other wonderful things you said about Charlie over the course of 3 championship seasons, not to mention what you said in the non-championship ones - I'm sure he's just tickled to have won you over as a ND fan. :rolleyes:

BTW he was Ernie Acorsi's first choice for HC of the Giants, but he was over ruled by the Mara's who wanted a strong disciplinarian and were certain Coughlin was their man. Which is why even if they were interested in dangling their plum job at this juncture Charlie would likely be less susceptible to such flattery than the pundits choose to believe. Judging from his relationship with Parcells, which is icy to this day, Charlie's not one to sluff off slights and insults...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft